Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #16
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think part of the problem is the timeliness and accuracy of feed being used and not necessarily the application displaying the odds. IMO, the best solution is watching the live feed from the track.
Twinspires' feed seems reliably up to date. My one complaint is that it is hard to read at a glance. They try to cram so much info into the screen which makes it necessary to scroll up and down to see all the horses. I want to see all the horses on one screen.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #17
Gorrex

I believe if you run AmWager side by side against anyone else it will always update first and most times significantly faster.

That said, I am aware of the closed/active/stack not updating properly and it is a priority for our next update. Its not websockets or the servers but some complicated logic on the UI that tries to mitigate trips to the server.

As for mobile users.. I really think you're going to like what we've got coming this Summer.

Jason
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
spitthebit
spitthebit

Jason,

Among the issues with the current platform is that the Exacta Dutch tool does not afford the user the same flexibilities as the original platform. Previously, a user could create an Exacta Dutch ticket, and then remove individual exacta combinations from the ticket. The “new” ticket would remain stable in the Dutch window. This was a cutting-edge tool.

The current platform will continually refresh the Exacta Dutch window, and default the ticket to its original combinations after just a couple seconds. Absolutely horrendous. It’s a shame that such a wonderful tool got decimated in a supposed upgrade.

Is this under review to be corrected soon?
spitthebit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #19
Gorrex

It is now and after the description I already know the cause and have an idea on how to fix it (theory really at this point). I'll take a look tomorrow.

Feedback like that is essential to us fixing issues. The platform has so many intricate features that it was extremely easy for us to miss some in the remake. I don't check this forum every day so a its possible something will get lost in a forum post. If anyone has anything they'd like add, if you could please also send it to me in a private message or email support@amwager.com and I'll see that as well.

Not only feedback on current problems, but we also fully welcome wish lists. I can guarantee all wish list items will be looked at, but can't guarantee timelines on any one item.

Right now we are going through a few weeks of code review and bug fixes then we will be back to new features.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #20
Gorrex

Any dutch combinations removed will now stay removed during odds updates. Patch went live about 10 minutes ago.

All combinations will reset if you close the detail view (modal). Unsure if this is how the old platform worked but it makes it easy to correct a mistaken removal.

Jason
Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #21
highnote

Thanks, Gorrex!

I noticed the past couple of nights that the link for the programs for Australian racing does not bring up the program for the current race, but instead brings up the next day's program.

However, if you click on the program link right now (Friday afternoon in the U.S.) it brings up the correct program.

I assume at some point tonight (Friday night in the U.S.) it will bring up Saturday's Australia program even though Friday night's races have not ended.

At some point during the evening only the following day's program is available. It must have something to do with the time difference.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #22
spitthebit
spitthebit

Jason,
Thanks for your prompt attention to this! At first glance, it looks good. I'll take it for a test drive tonight.
spitthebit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #23
Gorrex

Another AmWager update,

Stack/Active/Closed, Bet Summary should all properly update now. Long story short server is running fast enough that two separate sections of code that updated them on the UI were stepping on each other. (One on Race Final/Offical and the other when all tickets paid) We re-wrote that so they are entirely independent.

If your on the site now please refresh with CTRL-SHIFT-R and you'll get the new version.

(Updated software around 2:30pm EST)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: