Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
fmhealth

"BETTOR X" strikes again!! MILLIONS more won!!!

Multi-million dollar payday on the Super Bowl, after even a greater score on the World Series. This fellow is quickly becoming a living legend.

Be Well,
fmhealth

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...uper-bowl-bets
fmhealth is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And he doesn't even have a "direct tote."

Go figure...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
Teach

As suggested by Lambo, this "telephone-numbers" sports bettor might have had "inside information". If I had known that Malcolm Butler wasn't starting - a game-time decision - I woulda jumped on the Eagles bandwagon faster than you can say: "Philly cheese-steak"!

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
Valuist

By all accounts, it is premature to call him a "sharp". In those 6 World Series winning bets, the lead changed in 4 of the games from the 8th inning on. He just happened to be on the right side of those 6 outcomes.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

possible photo of 'BETTOR X'

Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
As suggested by Lambo, this "telephone-numbers" sports bettor might have had "inside information". If I had known that Malcolm Butler wasn't starting - a game-time decision - I woulda jumped on the Eagles bandwagon faster than you can say: "Philly cheese-steak"!
I jumped on that band wagon 3 weeks ago. There was no "inside info". As soon as i knew NE was going to be in it, I knew the spread would be illogical. The parade is on and they are making it sound like "Rocky" beat Apollo. New England was some what of a false fave . The only shot they had was on offense and/or turn overs. And the NFC was just a better brand of football this year. By the end of the season there were 3 good teams in the AFC and only one of them could play defense. I pointed out Pittsburg and New England's weak defense when they played each other. I knew the smart money was on Philly from the start. When this guy hammered out these million dollar and half million dollar bets, it just was more "confidence"..........People like that don't make millions by losing too often.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #7
swiss cheese

Quote:
Teach, i'm sorry but you're making sound like Tom Brady wasn't playing.
swiss cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
Teach

Swiss Cheese -

I respect what you're saying. This is no knock on Tom Brady who, in my opinion, played an excellent game, quite possibly his best Superbowl effort. Yet, the two teams were quite evenly matched (the point-spread indicated that). So, if a higher caliber player is unexpectedly benched, it shifts the pendulum to a point where the Eagles become a more viable choice. They are more likely to cover the spread.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
swiss cheese

Quote:
Swiss Cheese -

I respect what you're saying. This is no knock on Tom Brady who, in my opinion, played an excellent game, quite possibly his best Superbowl effort. Yet, the two teams were quite evenly matched (the point-spread indicated that). So, if a higher caliber player is unexpectedly benched, it shifts the pendulum to a point where the Eagles become a more viable choice. They are more likely to cover the spread.
and you're right about that except their whole defense don't have any super stars that can't be replaced.
swiss cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #10
Valuist

Quote:
Swiss Cheese -

I would argue that the point spread DIDN'T state the teams were that evenly matched. A 4 1/2 point favorite on a neutral field is a 7 to 7 1/2 point favorite at home against that opponent.

Very few non-QBs are worth even one point to the spread. Malcolm Butler may be a decent player, but it is doubtful he would have any impact on the spread.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #11
ultracapper

You always have to look at the dog against NE. Being that the books are just trying to balance, they have to take into account that there is probably more "fan" money on NE than any other team. "Hate" money never balances "fan" when it comes in at the degree it comes in on NE.

Edit: Anybody, off the top of your head, know how NE did against the spread this year?

Last edited by ultracapper; 02-20-2018 at 09:10 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
You always have to look at the dog against NE. Being that the books are just trying to balance, they have to take into account that there is probably more "fan" money on NE than any other team. "Hate" money never balances "fan" when it comes in at the degree it comes in on NE.

Edit: Anybody, off the top of your head, know how NE did against the spread this year?
Pats were 12-7 ATS, only the Eagles were better (13-6).This is according to www.teamrankings.com

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: