Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #5251
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
"`Flaming` of other participants is strictly forbidden." - PaceAdvantage Terms of Service
"`Flaming` of other participants is strictly forbidden." - PaceAdvantage Terms of Service

I have stated that I do not wish participate in a quarrel. That includes flaming.
I call 'em as I see 'em. The fact that you have violated the Law of Noncontradiction proves that my charges are accurate. Or are you going to presume to tell us that the Law of Noncontradiction proves nothing!?
Old 02-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #5252
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I call 'em as I see 'em.
Would it be too much to suggest that you can "call 'em as you see 'em" without flaming? I could flame you right back but I'd rather not. Is it asking too much to ask that you follow the spirit of PaceAdvantage's Terms of Service?
Quote:
The fact that you have violated the Law of Noncontradiction proves that my charges are accurate. Or are you going to presume to tell us that the Law of Noncontradiction proves nothing!?
As previously stated I'll discuss logic in March.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #5253
hcap

Quote:
What would you -- a God-hating atheist --know about transcendent truth? Is such truth a product of natural evolution? If so, how is it possible?
No I am a "literal god" hating, Jewish, Ouspensky admiring Zen Buddhist.

Thankyou
Old 02-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #5254
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No I am a "literal god" hating, Jewish, Ouspensky admiring Zen Buddhist.

Thankyou
Zen Buddhists dont' necessary believe in the existence of any god. Thank you very much for saying nothing in your own defense.

Buddhism and the God-idea

Question:
Do Buddhists believe in a god?

Answer:
No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origins in fear. The Buddha says:

https://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda03.htm
Old 02-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #5255
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Zen Buddhists dont' necessary believe in the existence of any god. Thank you very much for saying nothing in your own defense.

Question:

Answer:
No, we do not. There are several reasons for this. The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origins in fear. The Buddha says:

Great link. I've bookmarked it.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:52 PM   #5256
boxcar

Quote:
Would it be too much to suggest that you can "call 'em as you see 'em" without flaming? I could flame you right back but I'd rather not. Is it asking too much to ask that you follow the spirit of PaceAdvantage's Terms of Service?
As previously stated I'll discuss logic in March.
Define "flaming". And would you prefer I call you a prevaricator instead?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #5257
boxcar

Quote:
Great link. I've bookmarked it.
Not surprised. Buddhists are generally just more "religious" atheists. They like to pretend there is a spiritual side to an otherwise strictly materialistic universe.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #5258
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Not surprised. Buddhists are generally just more "religious" atheists.
Buddhism is not a form of Atheism. Buddha believed in reincarnation and Karma which references powers above and beyond the physical and not a belief of Atheists.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 AM   #5259
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Define "flaming".
PA used the term in the TOS. Ask him. I'll go with his definition.

Here's a cut and paste of the subject bullet point. Quotes are his. Emphasis is mine.
  • "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. This includes posts against software vendors, authors, selection services, etc. Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board.
Quote:
And would you prefer I call you a prevaricator instead?
I'd prefer "civil conduct" and adherence to the TOS. We both know that this is an emotional subject but I, for one, believe it can be discussed politely.

If you want to counter that I also have indulged in flaming and uncivil conduct then I will plead nolo contendere and promise to do better in the future. I'm holding out an olive branch.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 AM   #5260
hcap

Quote:

Question:

Answer:

The definition of "God" is not specified by

1-Judaism
2-Ouspensky
3-Buddhism

.....as you claim to know god mind and his so-called "motivation."

Judaism.....
Guide for the Perplexed
by Moses Maimonides

Quote:
Ignorant and superficial readers take them in a literal, not in a figurative sense. Even well informed persons are bewildered if they understand these passages in their literal signification, but they are entirely relieved of their perplexity when we explain the figure, or merely suggest that the terms are figurative. For this reason I have called this book Guide for the Perplexed.
Ouspensky from The Symbolism of the Tarot.
Quote:
Learn to see it in thyself and thou wilt understand the infinite essence, hidden in all illusory forms. Understand that the world which thou knowest is only one of the aspects of the infinite world, and things and phenomena are merely hierolgyphics of deeper ideas."
Zen and the importance of not confusing the map for the territory.

"If you practice sitting as Buddha, you must kill Buddha." or

"If You Meet The Buddha On The Road, Kill Him"

And Myth is a cross cultural clue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Campbell
God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought.

Last edited by hcap; 02-05-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #5261
boxcar

[quote=hcap;2272377]The definition of "God" is not specified by

1-Judaism
2-Ouspensky
3-Buddhism

Judaism.....
Guide for the Perplexed
by Moses Maimonides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Campbell
God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought.
(emphasis mine)

So, in this post you didn't use your intellect to talk about God -- or even better yet -- to talk about something for which no one can possibly have any knowledge since this something (which Campbell calls "God") cannot even be conceived of.

You excel in posting gibberish.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #5262
boxcar

Quote:
PA used the term in the TOS. Ask him. I'll go with his definition.

Here's a cut and paste of the subject bullet point. Quotes are his. Emphasis is mine.
  • "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. This includes posts against software vendors, authors, selection services, etc. Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board.
I'd prefer "civil conduct" and adherence to the TOS. We both know that this is an emotional subject but I, for one, believe it can be discussed politely.

If you want to counter that I also have indulged in flaming and uncivil conduct then I will plead nolo contendere and promise to do better in the future. I'm holding out an olive branch.
I only counter that you have contradicted yourself; therefore, you have lied. If the truth is such a bitter pill for you, then learn honesty. And besides, I told you all this is a civil manner.

Grow up and grow a pair and quit being a snowlfake. People on this forum have at times have accused me of lying and I never have gone to hide behind the TOS.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #5263
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
People on this forum have at times have accused me of lying and I never have gone to hide behind the TOS.
It's not a question of hiding. PA has published his Terms of Service and by posting here you accept those terms, thereby entering into a contract with PA. By entering into this contract you effectively take an oath. Unless PA releases you your failure to honor that oath is false witness which your holy book says is a sin.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #5264
boxcar

Quote:
It's not a question of hiding. PA has published his Terms of Service and by posting here you accept those terms, thereby entering into a contract with PA. By entering into this contract you effectively take an oath. Unless PA releases you your failure to honor that oath is false witness which your holy book says is a sin.
Oath!? You should look up the definition before blatantly trying to redefine terms to suit your purposes. So, again...I was respectful in calling you out as a liar. Respectful and truthful. I didn't curse at ya. I didn't shout at ya. I didn't use any vulgar language, etc. Do you prefer I use the term "prevaricator" to liar?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #5265
hcap

[quote=boxcar;2272388]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The definition of "God" is not specified by

1-Judaism
2-Ouspensky
3-Buddhism

Judaism.....
Guide for the Perplexed
by Moses Maimonides

(emphasis mine)

So, in this post you didn't use your intellect to talk about God -- or even better yet -- to talk about something for which no one can possibly have any knowledge since this something (which Campbell calls "God") cannot even be conceived of.

You excel in posting gibberish.
I used metaphors. Or do you think Buddhists want to kill Buddha literally? I have repeatedly told you a literal god leads to idol worship.I quoted the Jewish sage and scholar Moses Maimonides' Guide for the Perplexed who warned us about taking things literally. Is that gibberish as well?

BTW, Christ dying and ascending, is a metaphor for going past the map and going into the territory. So is Exodus and Noah. Maybe 5-10% of western scripture is allegorical to the main theme of metanoia and/or transformation. The rest is woefully hollow.We may not be able to measure "god" but we can allude to God.

Poetry, stories and emotional pictures can point to the divine
As can parables All religions except maybe the unfortunate Cargo Culters use metaphor, and all religions are a mix of distortion and truth. Western scripture developed mostly into distortion because literal minded individuals devalued transcendent truth and knee-jerked it on to their children.

Good to know you have no kids

Your arguments are simply word games only. No real understanding. All of what Actor posts of the absurdities of the bible, indeed make no sense if one believes it literally or takes it as absolute truth.

Last edited by hcap; 02-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Closed Thread