Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-31-2022, 02:16 PM   #31
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Something I was wondering this weekend: are the LIV guys still eligible for Ryder and President's Cup teams?
PGA runs the President's Cup, so no LIV players there, but the Ryder Cup is not PGA so I'm not sure about that.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #32
PalaceOfFortLarned

Think I've firmly settled on agreeing with these guys going to LIV.

Why not? Harold Varner III just signed for $100M. That is flat stupid money that secures you, your family, and future generations in a single 5 second action of signing your name.

He doesn't have to hit another shot, and that $ is his, and/or his families.

They aren't responsible for the Saudi's who do business with nearly every country on the planet, and especially our very own right here in the grand ol' USA.

Nobody can tell me they wouldn't sign for $100M.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #33
Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knave View Post
PGA runs the President's Cup, so no LIV players there, but the Ryder Cup is not PGA so I'm not sure about that.
The event is jointly administered by the PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe, the latter a joint venture of the PGA European Tour (60%), the PGA of Great Britain and Ireland (20%), and the PGAs of Europe (20%).
Old 08-31-2022, 10:29 PM   #34
Cuffdaddy

PGA now fronting 500K to anyone who gets their card as a draw. All reactive measures, should of been done a long time ago for the majority who struggle.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #35
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Think I've firmly settled on agreeing with these guys going to LIV.

Why not? Harold Varner III just signed for $100M. That is flat stupid money that secures you, your family, and future generations in a single 5 second action of signing your name.

He doesn't have to hit another shot, and that $ is his, and/or his families.

They aren't responsible for the Saudi's who do business with nearly every country on the planet, and especially our very own right here in the grand ol' USA.

Nobody can tell me they wouldn't sign for $100M.
So, essentially, all these guys have retired. No more of the thrill of competition, no more majors, no more of anything that got them there. Just some stress-free exhibitions that will take a long while for anyone to get interested in, if ever. Enjoy your retirements, buds, and your places in the Long Forgotten Golfers Hall of Fame. Good riddance.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 10:40 AM   #36
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
So, essentially, all these guys have retired. No more of the thrill of competition, no more majors, no more of anything that got them there. Just some stress-free exhibitions that will take a long while for anyone to get interested in, if ever. Enjoy your retirements, buds, and your places in the Long Forgotten Golfers Hall of Fame. Good riddance.
We have already seen concessions made by the PGA for their own players due to the LIV such as increased purses and format changes to assure the top players remaining enter and play in addition to more no cut events.
I doubt this is the end of the dealings, LIV has added more top players, it would be to the PGA tours benefit sponser and fan wise to find a way to let these guys qualify and play in the major events.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #37
letswastemoney

I don't understand why both tours can't just co-exist and players choose where they want to play without consequences. The PGA Tour is the one acting like a bully here.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #38
ElKabong

Varner reconsiders, back with the pga.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #39
TJDave

Quote:
This
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #40
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Varner reconsiders, back with the pga.

Where did you see this? I can't find it anywhere.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #41
jocko699
Resurrectionist

The tournaments will more than likely be shown on Fox.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...nts-fox-sports
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #42
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
The tournaments will more than likely be shown on Fox.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...nts-fox-sports
They're gonna buy the airtime, which puts it in a league with infomercials.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #43
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Where did you see this? I can't find it anywhere.
Just now saw your reply. Saw a link the day I posted where he said he hated "being hated" and was reconsidering. Apparently his wife weighed in and that was that.

Doesn't matter now, he's dead to me. LIV is not the AFL or ABA. More like indoor soccer. Those guys are invisible from here on.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 09-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
They're gonna buy the airtime, which puts it in a league with infomercials.
Pretty sad when you have to buy your own air time
Old 09-30-2022, 06:07 PM   #45
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Pretty sad when you have to buy your own air time

Currently the Masters gets zero revenue from domestic television. They feel it is more important to retain full control over how the event is portrayed. CBS bills them for costs of production. Could it be that LIV does not want to give in to demands for how their events will be telecast?

With all the defections of major stars from the PGA to LIV I find the PGA tour telecasts to be less than must-see TV. Most people watch golf to see the stars and not because they find golf high level action.