Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Conditional Betting

Hi,

Which ADW has the best conditional betting platform? What I'm specifically looking for is an ADW that continuously checks your conditional bet not only once, at the MTP you specify, but gives you the option to CONTINUE checking even after your designated MTP has come and gone.

For instance, let's say I put in a conditional win bet on a horse, and I tell the ADW I want minimum odds of 3-1 at 0 MTP.

Most ADWs will check the bet once, at 0MTP, and if the horse is under 3-1, the bet is discarded. If it's 3-1 or over, the bet is made...and that's that.

I want an ADW that CONTINUES to check...so let's say that at 0MTP, the bet I placed on the horse in the above scenario was at 5-2. OK, no bet...instead of throwing the bet away, check it again in 30 seconds or a minute...all the way up until the horses actually leave the gate and wagering is closed.

I think, if I'm reading right, that AmWager allows this...do they allow this from their regular user interface or is it only via batch wagering submission?

Do any other ADWs have "continuous checking" of conditional wagers?

Also, what ADW has the best rebates for someone who DOESN'T bet a million dollars a year in handle? And also provides access to ALL the tracks (doesn't necessarily have to offer rebates on all the tracks, but definitely needs to provide wagering on all the tracks with my desired conditional betting feature).

Thanks for the help...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
Ted Craven

Mike, I asked specifically about the conditional betting at AmWager. The new betting interface they have provides continuous checking every 10 seconds of the conditional wager once the MTP is hit.

It sounds like they have what you need (except CDI tracks and problems with NY residents ...).

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
It sounds like they have what you need (except CDI tracks and problems with NY residents ...).

Ted
Well, those are two pretty heavy downers...not so much the CDI tracks, but the problems with NYers thing...do they not accept NYers because of the market origin fee? Or do they not rebate NYers?
Old 05-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Mike, I asked specifically about the conditional betting at AmWager. The new betting interface they have provides continuous checking every 10 seconds of the conditional wager once the MTP is hit.

Ted

That is not the experience that I had lately, I had one set at 2/1 and at 0 min to post he was 9/5, went off at 2/1 and the bet did not go in. It was just a couple of days ago. If amwager keeps checking, that has not been my experience.

As to the best rebates, my setup with amwager has the best rebates that I have found. ON the downside, they do not take the CD owned tracks.

Last edited by green80; 05-16-2017 at 04:50 PM.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
That is not the experience that I had lately, I had one set at 2/1 and at 0 min to post he was 9/5, went off at 2/1 and the bet did not go in. It was just a couple of days ago. If amwager keeps checking, that has not been my experience.
Probably went to 2-1 after the race went off and betting was closed...I saw a horse go from 9/5 after the 1st quarter to 8-5 turning for home this afternoon...and he was 4-1 in the gate...LOL

At Fairmount Park...I know...
Old 05-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
green80

the tote went to 2/1 before they loaded in the gate and never changed, I was watching. It was correct to fail my bet as it went to 9/5 at 0 min, but when it went back to 2/1 before they started loading the gate it never changed.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #7
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, those are two pretty heavy downers...not so much the CDI tracks, but the problems with NYers thing...do they not accept NYers because of the market origin fee? Or do they not rebate NYers?
Source market fee = 5% for NY, I believe. That wipes out the WPS rebate for many larger venues. Though, you can still get a good one at Fairmount

I suggest you just apply for an account. See what they do.

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I would just like to say I opened an account with AmWager.com and they do indeed have the conditional wagering feature I was hoping for...

Their system continues to check the odds (every 10 seconds) at and AFTER your MTP threshold is met...meaning, if you enter a conditional wager (say 3-1 min odds at 1MTP), it will start checking at 1MTP and not STOP checking until either the race goes off OR your odds are met and the bet is placed. You can also set NEGATIVE MTP, such as -1, -2, -3, etc, which is useful for tracks like Gulfstream, where you know they never seem to start their races on time, and often don't start loading the horses until 4-5 minutes AFTER 0MTP.

Plus they offer rebates (as long as you aren't based in NY, like I am, unfortunately - the 5% source market fee eliminates all of my WPS rebates, and also limits my exotics rebates).

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-22-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #9
green80

failed bets

Does amwager have a way to see why your bet failed, such as what the odds were at the time the bet was attempted? I use their conditional betting and have some trouble figuring out why some bets did on didn't go in. Are odds swings after the bell that common?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
Does amwager have a way to see why your bet failed, such as what the odds were at the time the bet was attempted? I use their conditional betting and have some trouble figuring out why some bets did on didn't go in. Are odds swings after the bell that common?
There are some pretty amazing swings sometimes...even at a track like Belmont on Belmont Day! A horse went from 12-1 to 6-1 at Belmont yesterday in one of the stakes races...horse was 12-1 as they were loading...

Your bet can also fail on AmWager if you set the MTP condition to something negative and the race goes off before your bet is checked...I've had that happen...

Tough going these days given everything...tracks like Gulfstream not going off until 4 or 5 minutes after 0MTP...
Old 06-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #11
green80

I checked with Amwager and I found out that AmWager uses United Tote, and the what you have on the information of odds and pools on the AmWager wagering interface can cycle anywhere from 8 seconds to 35 seconds latent. I guess that can make it a crap shoot at times if you are cutting it close on odds.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #12
AltonKelsey
Veteran

What happened to all those tote upgrades we were promised?

In my lifetime?
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply