Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-26-2016, 02:25 AM   #1
Dahoss2002

Les Miles gone

Lifelong Tiger fan here. I can remember Archie Manning at Ole Piss when I was a child. Always liked Les and wish him the best. These things are never easy and i hope like heck the administration does not make a "lateral" move like Jumbo. Herman would be a nice hire but not sure what the boosters are willing to pay. I really do not want to go back to the dark ages and am hoping for the best. Thank you Les!! God bless you and your family and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss2002
Lifelong Tiger fan here. I can remember Archie Manning at Ole Piss when I was a child. Always liked Les and wish him the best. These things are never easy and i hope like heck the administration does not make a "lateral" move like Jumbo. Herman would be a nice hire but not sure what the boosters are willing to pay. I really do not want to go back to the dark ages and am hoping for the best. Thank you Les!! God bless you and your family and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!
Damn you Louisiana! How dare you set your sites on Ed Herman....

Ed at LSU would be the next Saban @ Bama. He'd rule college football. I thought for certain that both TEXAS, and those anm aggy, would be in a biding war for Herman by thanksgiving. Think so still, but LSU may actually be more appealing to him at this point. A lot of Texas exes are cringing right now

Leslie was fun to poke fun at. Easy target, but boy could he coach. Not the best, but he got LSU on the map In a big way. They're here to stay

You sure Mack brown or Charlie strong wouldn't be welcome in red stick? They'll both be available for you guys

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-26-2016 at 12:18 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

The bottom line here is that LSU and their fans are still butt hurt over Saban leaving 12yrs ago.

They want another Saban...Les Miles is no Nick Saban, so he got fired.
The way the administration left him hanging out to dry in the media for a few weeks last season was bush league, and the only reason they didn't can him then was Jimbo Fisher said no.
So AD Joe Alleva and company did a very transparent about face and orchestrated this love fest for Miles at LSU's last final game last season.

What a sham, he deserved better.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:30 PM   #4
ElKabong

If Herman isn't affordable (will take a sizable buyout perhaps, bc he just signed an extension) then art briles may be an option.

Much has been written about LSU's financial situation, some probably over hyped. If they can't swing Herman financially then briles might be a good fit. He didn't have much talent on defense until the 2015 recruiting class. He was about to get rolling (the firing was fully justified, what happened in Waco was appalling) . If he gets a clean slate, esp at LSU, he'd be dangerous

Not sure what else is out there. Other than Herman there aren't that many that are ripe for picking at the ncaa level that have a degree of success. Petrino (baggage galore,also) Fedora, maybe others.

Stoops might quit at ou but I would think LSU would go younger and hungrier....just like TEXAS and a$m will (should aggy crater like they always do)

If I were Herman I would give LSU the hardest look. The on field talent is there already and he'd have less interference off the field to do his job successfully. I hope he comes to Austin but I think he'll have a more appealing spot (to him ) somewhere else.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #5
ElKabong

Ouch...just read a tweet on horn fans.com from someone named billy embody that LSU has already reached out to tom Herman and art briles agents....

Add...I mentioned Ed Herman. It's tom...doh...I think Ed was a Purdue qb from way back. My age is showing...

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-26-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Ouch...just read a tweet on horn fans.com from someone named billy embody that LSU has already reached out to tom Herman and art briles agents....

Add...I mentioned Ed Herman. It's tom...doh...I think Ed was a Purdue qb from way back. My age is showing...
I think you are thinking of Mark Herrmann, who was a Purdue QB and played a few seasons in the NFL.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
An .826 winning percentage ain't what it used to be.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I think you are thinking of Mark Herrmann, who was a Purdue QB and played a few seasons in the NFL.
Yes, indeed.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #9
kingfin66
Bombardier

There was a baseball player named Ed Herrmann. I think there was also an actor by the same name.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #10
ElKabong

There was a Herman Munster. Played for the mockingbirds iirc....

Lot of coaching positions will be open by December. Going to be a gold rush for some coaches, bad hat Leslie included. He'll be a hot commodity in the end
Old 09-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #11
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Lot of coaching positions will be open by December. Going to be a gold rush for some coaches, bad hat Leslie included. He'll be a hot commodity in the end
Is Strong out for sure at UT? What if they crush Sooners? Horns still might have a good season.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #12
Valuist

There's a coach in the state of Louisiana who could be without a job (or SHOULD be) at the end of his season: Sean Payton. Payton could be a great fit at LSU.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

And then there's always Lane Kiffin. I hear he's popular down in that part of the country.

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Nice job Tigers, tonight you lost at home to Troy...TROY !!
Herrman took LSU for a ride last year & left them with no choice but Ed Orgeron.

Big mistake firing Les Miles
Old 10-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #15
ElKabong

Who do you see LSU hiring in December, POT?