Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
RunForTheRoses

Colin Kaepernick

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49er...hoo&yptr=yahoo

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
Old 08-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
Marshall Bennett

And we should shut the country down and fix it. Oppression is dead and over with. Its the 21st century, anyone can be oppressed now, but its mostly their on doing.
Liberals regardless of color will always use oppression as some sort of excuse to get attention or fill an agenda. Just like they use the race card and a number of other tactics. It is what it is, black and white.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 08-27-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

So he sat down during the National Anthem - he's just warming up for the regular season - getting that "bench body' in shape, cuz that's where he's gonna be.

Bye Felicia, you're time came and went 2yrs ago
Old 08-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
Greyfox

There's a time and a place to make a statement.
This wasn't it.
I'd can him.
Let him go play in a country that he's proud of.
As a fan, I don't want that kind of player representing my team or city.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
There's a time and a place to make a statement.
This wasn't it.
Apparently he wants to be traded. That little stunt will no doubt increase the Niner's willingness to trade him, but it isn't going to increase his marketability.

He's supposed to be a professional, getting paid to do a job. Do your job, and then you can go march in Black Lives Matter protests on your day off.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #6
johnhannibalsmith

You go girl.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 08-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
thaskalos

The 49ers are the ones who pay him...and they apparently recognize that Kaepernick is entitled to his "freedom of expression". If his bosses see nothing wrong with this...then I see nothing wrong with it either.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
The 49ers are the ones who pay him...and they apparently recognize that Kaepernick is entitled to his "freedom of expression". If his bosses see nothing wrong with this...then I see nothing wrong with it either.
Yes. He has freedom of expression.
But I'm not paying good money to watch that crap.
If I already had a season ticket, I'd be asking for my money back.
Fans should vote on this matter with their feet and refuse to go to 49 er games if he's going to do that.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Yes. He has freedom of expression.
But I'm not paying good money to watch that crap.
If I already had a season ticket, I'd be asking for my money back.
Fans should vote on this matter with their feet and refuse to go to 49 er games if he's going to do that.
Yes...he has the right to sit on the bench during the national anthem...and you have the right to return your Niner tickets for a refund. Equal rights for all.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #10
Valuist

Quote:
And the 49ers are the ones who look really bad. Kaepernick is just a dumbass who doesn't know any better (remember Mahmoud Abdul Rauf?); for the 49er organization to put out a statement defending him, it showed they are both clueless and classless. This crap could only fly in the Bay area. And with an awful product, the 49er organization doesn't need to burn more bridges.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #11
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
And the 49ers are the ones who look really bad. Kaepernick is just a dumbass who doesn't know any better (remember Mahmoud Abdul Rauf?); for the 49er organization to put out a statement defending him, it showed they are both clueless and classless. This crap could only fly in the Bay area. And with an awful product, the 49er organization doesn't need to burn more bridges.
Can't think of an NFL organization that's fallen so horribly as the 49ers, since their Super Bowl appearance in Feb of 2013.....
Old 08-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes, I remember Mahmoud Abdul Rauf...and I almost used him as an example here myself. The point that I was trying to make here is that Kaepernick has a boss to whom he has to answer...and that boss isn't us. If his bosses condone this behavior...then I am not about to hold the man up to whatever behavioral standards I deem appropriate for emotionally-charged demonstrations. We all have the freedom to make our own choices in this country...and we sometimes suffer the consequences of those choices.

Whether I agree with Colin Kaepernick or not shouldn't concern him in the least. He needn't answer to me.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #13
Valuist

Quote:
Yes, I remember Mahmoud Abdul Rauf...and I almost used him as an example here myself. The point that I was trying to make here is that Kaepernick has a boss to whom he has to answer...and that boss isn't us. If his bosses condone this behavior...then I am not about to hold the man up to whatever behavioral standards I deem appropriate for emotionally-charged demonstrations. We all have the freedom to make our own choices in this country...and we sometimes suffer the consequences of those choices.

Whether I agree with Colin Kaepernick or not shouldn't concern him in the least. He needn't answer to me.
As long as the 49ers rely on money from the public, be it individuals or corporations, they DO have to answer to the public.

For them to put out a statement rationalizing his actions, it is shameful. They have problems, and this isn't going to help at all. Bad team, bad leadership, bad people.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #14
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Can't think of an NFL organization that's fallen so horribly as the 49ers, since their Super Bowl appearance in Feb of 2013.....
I can't either. NOBODY out here admits to being a 49ers fan. See plenty of Raiders fans, but nobody gives a damn about the Niners.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
As long as the 49ers rely on money from the public, be it individuals or corporations, they DO have to answer to the public.
When you put it under the microscope...we all rely on the public's money, in one way or another. But we still reserve our freedom of expression in this country. As a semi-professional horseplayer...it could be said that I too "rely on money from the public". So what?
Closed Thread