Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #61
ebcorde
Veteran

when was he a deserter

and when was he a POW.

This is a mess. How much of this is poor military strategy. Leaving a bunch of young dumb guys on a hill with young officers in the middle of nowhere for months at a time, In a war with no end. A lot of anger. Reminds me of a Vin Diesel sci-fi movie.

In 14 years of War no one above Major has been killed or wounded yet. They keep those guys safe and sound.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
and when was he a POW.

This is a mess. How much of this is poor military strategy. Leaving a bunch of young dumb guys on a hill with young officers in the middle of nowhere for months at a time, In a war with no end. A lot of anger. Reminds me of a Vin Diesel sci-fi movie.

In 14 years of War no one above Major has been killed or wounded yet. They keep those guys safe and sound.
Who were you previously on this board?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #63
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Bombshell just dropped on the O'Reilly show by David Hunt, the former Colonel. He claims Bergdahl joined the Taliban and the WH knew it two days after he deserted. He says they got a tape recording of the Taliban using his phone and wanting to join the Taliban.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/u-s-gener...cat_orig=world

If true, then trading 5 terrorists for his release just got even worse.

bullsheet. from the same guys who said they heard Bin Laden talking on the radio in the mountains in 2001 then poof.

Bergdahl does not speak Pashtun. The Taliban would be wondering why an American had the BALLS to come out alone and was speculating.

if he wanted to join them they would have used him for propaganda and he would have been happy about it like Jihadi John.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #64
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
bullsheet. from the same guys who said they heard Bin Laden talking on the radio in the mountains in 2001 then poof.

Bergdahl does not speak Pashtun. The Taliban would be wondering why an American had the BALLS to come out alone and was speculating.

if he wanted to join them they would have used him for propaganda and he would have been happy about it like Jihadi John.
They did use him for propaganda -> see how weak the USA is, we negotiated 5 good terrorists for 1 bad terrorist.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #65
davew

speculation is 0bama will give this guy a pardon because he is crazy and it is not his fault that the army made a mistake and allowed him to go to the middle east.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #66
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
speculation is 0bama will give this guy a pardon because he is crazy and it is not his fault that the army made a mistake and allowed him to go to the middle east.
Not credible speculation. Never going to happen.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #67
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Not credible speculation. Never going to happen.
I hope he doesn't, but 0bama has done many things I disagree with.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12...-obama-pardon/
Old 12-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #68
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
I hope he doesn't, but 0bama has done many things I disagree with.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/12...-obama-pardon/
And done much worse thing you don't know about. Like the mass Muslim invasion of the southern border for the last 4 months, setting up cells for future attacks. It is nothing less than an army invasion.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #69
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

For the rest of his term Obama will do nothing for anyone but himself.
Not that the country was EVER his primary concern - it most obviously was not, but expect any crap from now on. He will sink to any level to try to preserve his legacy, although I think that is now set in stone - after a massive rejection of his policies.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #70
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
We now have a case of treason against Obama.
No, you do not.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court." -- U.S. Constitution.

The operative word is "Enemies."

Only Congress can declare war. The last time the Congress did that was December 1941. Our enemies in that war were Germany, Japan and Italy, all of whom were defeated. Ergo, the United States is not at war. Ergo, the United States has no enemies. Ergo, it is impossible to commit treason against the United States at this time.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:22 PM   #71
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
For the rest of his term Obama will do nothing for anyone but himself.
Not that the country was EVER his primary concern - it most obviously was not, but expect any crap from now on. He will sink to any level to try to preserve his legacy, although I think that is now set in stone - after a massive rejection of his policies.
I read your BS and wonder if you are really silly enough to believe this garbage.

That "massive rejection" currently has Hillary with 2.5M more votes than Donny. That's 2,500,000 votes more for Clinton than Trump.

It's massive, alright.

Last edited by NJ Stinks; 12-03-2016 at 11:24 PM.
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #72
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
No, you do not.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court." -- U.S. Constitution.

The operative word is "Enemies."

Only Congress can declare war. The last time the Congress did that was December 1941. Our enemies in that war were Germany, Japan and Italy, all of whom were defeated. Ergo, the United States is not at war. Ergo, the United States has no enemies. Ergo, it is impossible to commit treason against the United States at this time.
If only congress can declare war why was one of the dem talking points that you don't want Trump 'near the button'?

As far as Obama being treasonous, you weren't born last night, you know what he's done.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #73
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
If only congress can declare war why was one of the dem talking points that you don't want Trump 'near the button'?
Because while only Congress can declare war the President, as Commander in Chief, can make war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
As far as Obama being treasonous, you weren't born last night, you know what he's done.
No, I do not. Why don't you tell me? Exactly what was the "overt act" referred to in the Constitution? I've asked that before and no one has come up with an answer.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #74
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He gave 1.6 billion cash to Iran. In a hidden late night airline flight. In blatant disregard for Federal Law. No approval from Congress.

I count Iran as an enemy. Case closed
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #75
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

1.6 billion he stole from the citizens of this country.