Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
Grits

Indiana Commission: Vet's ethical compass broken

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...s-20-year-ban/

Your license is pulled. You made poor decisions. I hope, at 31 years of age, with much of your life ahead of you... that you are never allowed to put your hands on another race horse, or any other animal, ever again. Too, I hope no horses involved in the race, the spill that took the life of Juan Saez came under your care. I'm sorry, most of all, that you have no soul.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

This guy belongs in prison.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
lamboguy

that guy was working on 6 different trainer's horses in Presque Isle.

take my word on this one, this game is thoroughly disgusting from all ends. its basically out of control. there is no trust at all. even the elite trainers do bad things.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
Grits

http://www.drf.com/news/report-recom...a-veterinarian

Quote:
The report also alleges that Russell or his clients administered high concentrations of cobalt to horses. Earlier this year, the commission conducted testing on hundreds of post-race samples of Standardbred, Quarter Horse, and Thoroughbred horses, and it said that a “pattern began to emerge” when all six horses who tested in excess of 100 parts per billion were trained by clients of Russell’s practice, including one horse who tested at a level of 1,127 ppb.
This sport will never survive. Reading the level of cobalt, what harm has this person brought to horses? How do people ignore this? We ignore it because Breeders' Cup is coming and all is "business as usual".

He wintered at Tampa Bay Downs, home of the greatest of form reversals.

Tom, you're right, he should get prison.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Hambletonian

look, this game is done, dead, buried, the plug has been pulled and it won't be long now. it does not work for anyone.

nevertheless, I do hope it can be brought back from the abyss, all of us realize racing will never be 100% honest, but the good ole days of darkening form, putting one over, small stuff, is long gone.

now it is the chemical induced wild west. which weakens the breed, ruins the competitors, causes the bettors to give up all hope trying to figure what's what, makes owning a horse a case of Russian roulette, and worse of all, threatens the lives of jockeys and other competitors.

i would rather have three tracks with all vet work handled by track vets, then the situation we have now.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Totally agree this guy should be gone from the sport, and the many others like him that are out there. That said, I'm sure he wasn't acting alone to cash bets. All of the people involved need to be out of the game, because otherwise, they will just find another unscrupulous vet to do their dirty work.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Totally agree this guy should be gone from the sport, and the many others like him that are out there. That said, I'm sure he wasn't acting alone to cash bets. All of the people involved need to be out of the game, because otherwise, they will just find another unscrupulous vet to do their dirty work.
how about the trainers that used his services like his father and a few other's that i know about?

during the summer months, you didn't need racing forms to handicap races at Presque Isle, all you had to do is see these butchers walk around the backside and you automatically knew the horses that were going to show the biggest improvements in the afternoon.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
Track Phantom

Beyond unethical.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
how about the trainers that used his services like his father and a few other's that i know about?

during the summer months, you didn't need racing forms to handicap races at Presque Isle, all you had to do is see these butchers walk around the backside and you automatically knew the horses that were going to show the biggest improvements in the afternoon.
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about.
sorry about that, i am wrapped up in a different matter this afternoon.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
chadk66

this stuff sure makes my desire to train horses again wilt away
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
ronsmac

Even with giant rebates and sophisticated computer programs, it's amazing a whale will bet 100 million a year on racing , with stuff like this going on. I guess they take all the cheating into account.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #13
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Your license is pulled. You made poor decisions. I hope, at 31 years of age, with much of your life ahead of you... that you are never allowed to put your hands on another race horse, or any other animal, ever again.
Agreed. Only thing missing now is for cheating trainers and jockeys to get the same kind of ban.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

how much money was this guy responsible for taking out of the pools ?

let alone the treatment the horses received.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #15
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Agreed. Only thing missing now is for cheating trainers and jockeys to get the same kind of ban.
Dave, I don't feel any sorrow for him whatsoever. I hope others are caught. Still, this young man troubled me. He studied 8 years to become a DVM. He couldn't have been practicing more than 4 to 5 years. How does one lose a moral compass in 5 years? Did he ever have one? Worse. I don't see how his father can sleep.