Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #136
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Pretty lame defense. You are basically saying anyone can make a system, then claim its a "tool" to get off the hook of it producing a negative ROI. Meanwhile the seller makes money off a sub par product. I wouldn't defend that.
And yet none of then are complaining, only YOU , who did not buy it.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #137
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Well Winger I always believe in safety first, so had them add in an emergency defibrillator/brain activity monitor. Just plugs right in....

We thought it didn't work---we tested it out on WHODO....darn thing didn't register at all.

We accidentally set the probes onto a wooden table--thing lit up like a christmas tree!!!!
Again, I haven't criticized your program or your handicapping skills and yet you take comments about your program as a personal insult. So, I guess I'll be taking my gloves off in the future.

Btw, you apparently don't realize that what you can do with paper & pencil can probably be done with a computer and vice versa but you're smart enough to realize something like that even though you claimed you don't have the resources to figure it out. But, maybe I'm giving you way more credit than you deserve because the resource is really just using your brains.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-28-2016 at 03:03 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #138
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Can you point me to a post where NorCalGreg presents his system as a "positive ROI" method?
Isn't that the implication when someone sells you handicapping software? Nobody buys "tools" to get negative ROI's. They can do that w/o any help.
Besides, why does he act so defensively with personal insults when I ask about his software in any way other than stroking his ego.

Quote:
Are you accusing Greg of "false advertising" here?
Of course not. But he and others are hyping his program and when you do that it's fair game that someone is going to say put up or shut up.

I don't see other creators of software acting so immaturely as he does.

Quote:
He supplied the method to several members here...and he asked them to run independent tests, and publicly report the results right here on this board. Doesn't that count for something, in your view?
Yes it does. But since the results were not in his favor, he continues with his insults. All he has shown me so far is a program that cannot turn a profit. If he did not talk crap and accepted what has been presented so far as a sub par ROI by the people testing his software, there would be no problem. But this guy keeps talking like his program is all that. And if I say, no that hasn't been proved from his selections, or several other peoples selections, because none of those selections has shown a profit, he flips out. That's his problem. He needs help. I'm simply inquiring on the facts. I'm not interested in his hype.

Last edited by Light; 07-28-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #139
ebcorde
Veteran

Hey NorCalGreg

How did your stuff do at Saratoga today? I have a hunch you were happy.
Those early pace numbers were jamming today.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #140
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
And yet none of then are complaining, only YOU , who did not buy it.
I'm not complaining. NCG is the one complaining because I am asking him questions about his product.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #141
MONEY

Quote:
I'm not complaining. NCG is the one complaining because I am asking him questions about his product.
What I see about Pace View Pro from looking at the screenshots that have been posted, is that Pace View shows multiple angles in one display.

It has,
Power
E1
E2
Late
Trainer/Jockey
Speed
Prime Power

The odds are that if you don't find the winner in one angle, you will find it in another of the angles.
Most other handicapping software do the same thing, but for much more money.

The most important thing about Pace View is that the people that paid for it are happy with the product.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #142
Light
Veteran

Just to be clear, this is a summary of what happened.

I saw the hype around NCG's program and was curious. Rather than ask him questions I went through his long thread from the beginning, and saw him posting picks. He had 3 separate bankrolls go bust. $1000,and $500 twice.

I brought this up and that's when NCG began attacking me as a troll, blowhard etc. Attacking me for posting results of his picks! So I said why don't you post 100 picks and shut me up. Pensicola Pete took up the suggestion with confidence and posted 114 picks for a 10% losing ROI. Of course I was again the "bad guy" for this outcome.

Previously green80 had posted 77 picks for a +4% ROI. But this ROI was in a free fall from much higher.

Previous to that I had looked at Winger's picks which I have never mentioned and they were over 100 picks in the red.

So I have probably over 300 picks with the system in the red in my Excel spreadsheets. This is all I am saying. Be honest and accept the facts. Instead I am called a troll and a blowhard for stating facts put out by the person calling me names. Very pathetic and hypocritical.

So how is one supposed to use the method to make money? This is my question. Apparently 4 people including the programmer do not know.

I know it is very difficult to make a positive ROI in this game. And if NCG's program can't, so what. But it does get under my skin when someone is disingenuous and touting their software as good as any when there is hard evidence to the contrary from the guy himself.

Yes I know, all software is a tool. Then say so and STFU. Stop talking like you are making money with it. Or else post another 100 and shut me up. You can keep going till you finally make a decent profit, not 4% which was evaporating fast. I don't care how long it takes.

Then you can possibly answer my question as to HOW you use the program to be profitable. Isn't this THE first and basic question you would ask anyone who produces software for gambling purposes.

Last edited by Light; 07-28-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #143
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
How did your stuff do at Saratoga today? I have a hunch you were happy.
Those early pace numbers were jamming today.
Ironic you happen to mention that, eb....the biggest score at Sar today was a Turf Route --a customer pointed out he played the top power number because it had a big late Power Advantage--and boxed the top two in the exacta--nice score

Attached Images
File Type: gif SAR.gif (89.8 KB, 201 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #144
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Ironic you happen to mention that, eb....the biggest score at Sar today was a Turf Route --a customer pointed out he played the top power number because it had a big late Power Advantage--and boxed the top two in the exacta--nice score

yeah on those longer routes always the late pace I prefer above 9f/
for sprints I like below 6f then I can key on top early.

it's easier. to handicap IMHO

for in between distances 6.0-9.0 I like the huge 6f pace figure Horses
love those guys

else skip the race.

Last edited by ebcorde; 07-28-2016 at 10:47 PM.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #145
Winger

Quote:
Just to be clear, this is a summary of what happened.

I saw the hype around NCG's program and was curious. Rather than ask him questions I went through his long thread from the beginning, and saw him posting picks. He had 3 separate bankrolls go bust. $1000,and $500 twice.

I brought this up and that's when NCG began attacking me as a troll, blowhard etc. Attacking me for posting results of his picks! So I said why don't you post 100 picks and shut me up. Pensicola Pete took up the suggestion with confidence and posted 114 picks for a 10% losing ROI. Of course I was again the "bad guy" for this outcome.

Previously green80 had posted 77 picks for a +4% ROI. But this ROI was in a free fall from much higher.

Previous to that I had looked at Winger's picks which I have never mentioned and they were over 100 picks in the red.

So I have probably over 300 picks with the system in the red in my Excel spreadsheets. This is all I am saying. Be honest and accept the facts. Instead I am called a troll and a blowhard for stating facts put out by the person calling me names. Very pathetic and hypocritical.

So how is one supposed to use the method to make money? This is my question. Apparently 4 people including the programmer do not know.

I know it is very difficult to make a positive ROI in this game. And if NCG's program can't, so what. But it does get under my skin when someone is disingenuous and touting their software as good as any when there is hard evidence to the contrary from the guy himself.

Yes I know, all software is a tool. Then say so and STFU. Stop talking like you are making money with it. Or else post another 100 and shut me up. You can keep going till you finally make a decent profit, not 4% which was evaporating fast. I don't care how long it takes.

Then you can possibly answer my question as to HOW you use the program to be profitable. Isn't this THE first and basic question you would ask anyone who produces software for gambling purposes.

So now, a profit doesn't mean anything if it is "Evaporating fast". The method I posted had 5 days with positive ROI, 2 days with a negative ROI, an overall 1.04 ROI with a near 50% hit rate. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it, and I certainly didn't do any testing before hand. The only point I cared to make was that yes, you can use his program to enhance your handicapping. It is not a black box that will tell you which horses to bet. If you bet every one of his selections, you will probably have a negative ROI. However, maybe one of his spot plays will make you see something you didn't see in a horse to include it in your Pick 4. Maybe his power numbers will help you validate a key horse in a superfecta, or maybe it will help you realize that your key horse isn't as strong as you thought. I'm not sure what you think Greg claimed about his program that it doesn't meet his claims It is possible to use his program to make your own handicapping better, but it is not a stand-alone program. If you are looking for someone to tell you which horses to bet to achieve a positive ROI, you're never going to be satisfied. You have to do some of the work on your own.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 06:35 AM   #146
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
So now, a profit doesn't mean anything if it is "Evaporating fast". The method I posted had 5 days with positive ROI, 2 days with a negative ROI, an overall 1.04 ROI with a near 50% hit rate. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it, and I certainly didn't do any testing before hand. The only point I cared to make was that yes, you can use his program to enhance your handicapping. It is not a black box that will tell you which horses to bet. If you bet every one of his selections, you will probably have a negative ROI. However, maybe one of his spot plays will make you see something you didn't see in a horse to include it in your Pick 4. Maybe his power numbers will help you validate a key horse in a superfecta, or maybe it will help you realize that your key horse isn't as strong as you thought. I'm not sure what you think Greg claimed about his program that it doesn't meet his claims It is possible to use his program to make your own handicapping better, but it is not a stand-alone program. If you are looking for someone to tell you which horses to bet to achieve a positive ROI, you're never going to be satisfied. You have to do some of the work on your own.

Good analysis, you are exactly right.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #147
biggestal99

Quote:

Thats an easy one. Lay low priced horses with low POWR numbers.

easy money. But thats only one way. Look its not a black box. but the POWR numbers are extremely accurate.

a little handicapping smarts plus pace view equals cash.

its a tool.

Just like a hammer.

Give a hammer to a chimp and ask him to build something.

now give the same hammer to a carpenter and ask him to build something

Pace view is a one tool in the handicapping arsenal.

BTW I am a carpenter. :-)

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #148
green80

Where can you lay these horses?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #149
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Where can you lay these horses?
NJ on Betfair Exchange I don't know where else
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #150
biggestal99

tomorrows lays at Monmouth using PV (hopefully the races stay on turf)

race1-6
race2-3
race3-6
race4-11
race5-2
race6-6
race7-6
race8-3
race9-4
race10-3

a perfect 10 for 10 losers (gulp I hope)

I will post the results when I get back from the track tomorrow.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply