Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #46
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I

I think you make valid points, but IMO, there is a growing dark side to legalizing pot as well, some of the ramifications we are now only starting to see.

Curious, if I were a MJ user, I would simply grow my own. From what I've seen, the stuff is not cheap. I'm also given to understand that the illegal market is doing well, as they can undercut the legal shop's prices.
There is a growing dark side to everything in some people’s minds. Bottom line is marijuana is being legalized all over now. Some states will fight it and may keep it illegal. It’s illegal where I live but have no problem getting it so who cares. And it’s much cheaper buying it illegally.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #47
delayjf

Quote:
And personally I disagree that pot is that much stronger now than years ago.
Please see below.
https://www.livescience.com/53644-ma...years-ago.html

Your right, we are going in that direction, but I maintain many are in denial that there will not be a price to pay.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #48
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
Bullshit
Denial!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #49
JimJames
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
This is not your daddy's weed
Thank GOD!
JimJames is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #50
Wabash

Quote:
Please see below.
https://www.livescience.com/53644-ma...years-ago.html

Your right, we are going in that direction, but I maintain many are in denial that there will not be a price to pay.
Wow, an article about a study says so, so it must be true.

In denial of what? I grew up in an era where they advertised 2 for 1 and .25 drinks in every bar in town. Some started at 3 in the afternoon. The drinking age was only 18! Half the kids in my senior class were 18 before they graduated. If we survived an era where we encouraged our youth to go get drunk, we will survive this.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #51
alydar

I always find it interesting when politically conservative people try to enforce morality on all. I believe in freedom! Freedom from government interference in my life period. If I want to gamble, drink or smoke weed that is my choice. Only if my actions effect other people should anyone else feel the right to get involved in my choices. I just don't get it, if you truly believe in minimal government in our lives, it doesn't end with taxation and regulations, it means everything! You can't have both ways!

Last edited by alydar; 06-24-2019 at 05:00 PM.
alydar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #52
delayjf

Quote:
In denial of what? I grew up in an era where they advertised 2 for 1 and .25 drinks in every bar in town. Some started at 3 in the afternoon. The drinking age was only 18! Half the kids in my senior class were 18 before they graduated. If we survived an era where we encouraged our youth to go get drunk, we will survive this.
Stop putting words in my month, I never posted any comparison between pot and alcohol. Absolutely our society pays a price for our alcohol usage everyday. Denial may not be the proper word, however, if you are one of those who think pot is harmless, then I believe you are naive. That you deny that pot today is stronger than pot say 20 years ago tells me you are not informed.

But don't get me wrong, I really could care less how much weed you smoke, just pointing out that our society will pay a price.

Quote:
I just don't get it, if you truly believe in minimal government in our lives, it doesn't end with taxation and regulations, it means everything! You can't have both ways!
Sure you can have it both ways. Our society is not a free for all, life without limits. All behavior is adjudicated thru society standards and or moral filters. The standards are set by society as a whole.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:16 PM   #53
Wabash

Quote:
Stop putting words in my month, I never posted any comparison between pot and alcohol. Absolutely our society pays a price for our alcohol usage everyday. Denial may not be the proper word, however, if you are one of those who think pot is harmless, then I believe you are naive. That you deny that pot today is stronger than pot say 20 years ago tells me you are not informed.

But don't get me wrong, I really could care less how much weed you smoke, just pointing out that our society will pay a price.

Sure you can have it both ways. Our society is not a free for all, life without limits. All behavior is adjudicated thru society standards and or moral filters. The standards are set by society as a whole.
Compared to other totally legal things such as alcohol and tobacco, it is harmless. Certainly way less harmless than those 2. And if you serious think pot is more harmful than alcohol or tobacco you are the naive one.

As far as being stronger, the most potent weed I ever smoked was in the early 80’s. It was a black strain that I never saw again anywhere. I understand it is still around but rare. That’s the big difference, finding quality weed now is much easier than it was years ago. But it was just as high a quality then as it is now if you could find it.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #54
thaskalos

Countless people have been imprisoned for partaking in something whose recreational use will now become perfectly legal. When our laws become this "reversible", then...how can they be taken seriously?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:45 PM   #55
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
When our laws become this "reversible", then...how can they be taken seriously?
They used to burn people at the stake for witchcraft.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2019, 11:47 PM   #56
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
They used to burn people at the stake for witchcraft.
Yes...but I thought there was a separation between "church" and 'state'.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:50 PM   #57
thaskalos

I have a kid in college to whom I always preach about the inherent evil in all sorts of illegal drug use. What do I tell him now?
Old 06-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #58
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
There is a growing dark side to everything in some people’s minds. Bottom line is marijuana is being legalized all over now. Some states will fight it and may keep it illegal. It’s illegal where I live but have no problem getting it so who cares. And it’s much cheaper buying it illegally.
With such brazen smack talk about a potential cognitive threat and about breaking the law, it's obvious that you've been indulging for quite awhile, now. Good luck!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #59
delayjf

Quote:
Compared to other totally legal things such as alcohol and tobacco, it is harmless. Certainly way less harmless than those 2. And if you serious think pot is more harmful than alcohol or tobacco you are the naive one.
I never said pot was more harmful than tobacco or Alcohol - only that IMO it will prove to be harmful. How harmful, we shall see.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #60
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I have a kid in college to whom I always preach about the inherent evil in all sorts of illegal drug use. What do I tell him now?
You tell him/her that the "Legal / Illegal" stamp does not change anything about its effect on his/her judgement,reaction, priorities, body/mind, etc....After all, aren't those the reasons we should be avoiding substances in the first place and not whether they are legal or illegal?