Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #61
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I have a kid in college to whom I always preach about the inherent evil in all sorts of illegal drug use. What do I tell him now?
If he is in college, you have probably said all you can say on the matter. He should be able to make his own decisions now.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #62
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
With such brazen smack talk about a potential cognitive threat and about breaking the law, it's obvious that you've been indulging for quite awhile, now. Good luck!
Lol, some of you act like you have been living in a cave for decades. Not like this is something new or that big of a deal really.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #63
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey, a joint here and there....what could go wrong?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3445.jpg (15.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #64
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
Lol, some of you act like you have been living in a cave for decades. Not like this is something new or that big of a deal really.
Its been an illegal drug since men lived in caves...almost. Once classified as a narcotic. The drug wasn't even in widespread use back in the day.
All for a reason. Narrow-minded potheads don't want to know the truth and demand no one tells them. Eventually their brains are fried, but its doesn't really matter to them. Denial is tough to deal with once its kicked your ass. Dealing with anything is tough.
Hopefully one day soon science will explain the dangers in the current blend of marijuana, so even the simple minded can understand. Even an alcoholic knows the dangers of alcohol. Even children know the danger of cigarettes.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #65
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Talk about cognitive decline.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #66
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Its been an illegal drug since men lived in caves...almost. Once classified as a narcotic. The drug wasn't even in widespread use back in the day.
All for a reason. Narrow-minded potheads don't want to know the truth and demand no one tells them. Eventually their brains are fried, but its doesn't really matter to them. Denial is tough to deal with once its kicked your ass. Dealing with anything is tough.
Hopefully one day soon science will explain the dangers in the current blend of marijuana, so even the simple minded can understand. Even an alcoholic knows the dangers of alcohol. Even children know the danger of cigarettes.
Then by all means, be sure you never smoke pot. You seem to have all the details you need. Still not sure what this denial is you keep speaking of. If you think pot is so bad just don’t smoke it. But don’t keep saying I’m in denial of something.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #67
RunForTheRoses

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/com...m_source=share
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #68
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
You know, if we all stop eating, drinking, smoking and doing the things that “could be” harmful to us, we may as well just lay in bed all day and do nothing.

And until an alcoholic admits they are an alcoholic, they have no idea the dangers of alcohol. That’s why they keep drinking. No addict understands the dangers until they admit they are an addict.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #69
AndyC

Quote:
You know, if we all stop eating, drinking, smoking and doing the things that “could be” harmful to us, we may as well just lay in bed all day and do nothing.

And until an alcoholic admits they are an alcoholic, they have no idea the dangers of alcohol. That’s why they keep drinking. No addict understands the dangers until they admit they are an addict.
Your implication being that only things that are bad for us makes life worth living. How about avoiding things that are bad for us makes living more enjoyable?

I think just about every addict understands the dangers involved. The exceptions being the addicts who have been given drugs by their doctor.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:51 PM   #70
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
I always have a bedpan handy in order to reduce the chances of falling and breaking my leg when I have to answer the call of nature.

You can never be too careful!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #71
thaskalos

When an illegal vice is legalized, it should be because it is deemed readily acceptable...and not because the state is in a dire financial position. And, if it is indeed readily acceptable...then it should have never been legally prohibited in the first place. Our laws should STAND for something.

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-26-2019 at 02:59 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #72
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
What isn’t harmless in this day and age? Is alcohol harmless? Cigarettes? Based on my experience I answer your question yes it’s harmless. Hasn’t harmed me after indulging for over 45 years.

And personally I disagree that pot is that much stronger now than years ago.
Food is probably the most harmful thing we have to deal with nowadays, especially sugar. You may not be fully aware of any adverse effects of your marijuana use. I believe things like MJ, cigarettes, alcohol and obesity have a way of catching up with people.

I base my opinion on the higher potency of today's MJ on conversations and info received from the Washington State Patrol as well as my brother, an avid smoker. Although I did smoke weed a bit in my teens, I have not indulged in more than 34 years, thus, I have not been able to make my own comparison.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:35 PM   #73
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Your implication being that only things that are bad for us makes life worth living. How about avoiding things that are bad for us makes living more enjoyable?

I think just about every addict understands the dangers involved. The exceptions being the addicts who have been given drugs by their doctor.
I never implicated anything. My life has been very enjoyable and I certainly didn’t spend it totally avoiding things that are bad for me.

Have you known a lot of addicts to make that statement or did you read it in some study? Trust me, most addicts think about one thing. Where and when are they getting high next. They aren’t thinking about the dangers.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:37 PM   #74
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I love it! Is that picture real?
Old 06-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #75
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I love it! Is that picture real?
Very, I used it years ago here.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: