Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #9811
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I have learned honest self aware people don't always brag about "knowing god", while always patting themselves on their own shoulder.

He thinks he is vastly ahead of his time , and we are too dumb to understand such a "genius" like him, just like they didn't understand Jesus at the time.

I think he fantasizes that when we meet in the afterlife, there will be Boxcar, standing next to God during "judgement day" and pointing at us "non believers". Boxcar will get his wrath on us as he condemns us forever and then Hi-fives God who tells him "Good work". And Boxcar gets the girl at the end too! Wow!
Old 02-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #9812
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
He thinks he is vastly ahead of his time , and we are too dumb to understand such a "genius" like him, just like they didn't understand Jesus at the time.

I think he fantasizes that when we meet in the afterlife, there will be Boxcar, standing next to God during "judgement day" and pointing at us "non believers". Boxcar will get his wrath on us as he condemns us forever and then Hi-fives God who tells him "Good work". And Boxcar gets the girl at the end too! Wow!
At least you got the "too dumb" part right.

Ps 49:20
20 Man in his pomp, yet without understanding,
Is like the beasts that perish.

NASB

And I don't need to fantasize about the afterlife or judgment day. I know what I, along with all billions of other saints, will be doing on the Great and Terrible Day of Lord when we stand with Christ to judge the world with Him! And what a glorious honor that will be!

1 Cor 6:2
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
KJV

And,

Matt 19:28
28 And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
NASB

And,

Ps 49:14
4As sheep they are appointed for Sheol;
Death shall be their shepherd;
And the upright shall rule over them in the morning;
And their form shall be for Sheol to consume,
So that they have no habitation.

NASB

And,

Ps 149:5-9
5 Let the godly ones exult in glory;
Let them sing for joy on their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand,
7 To execute vengeance on the nations,
And punishment on the peoples;
8 To bind their kings with chains,
And their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute on them the judgment written;
This is an honor for all His godly ones.
Praise the Lord!

NASB

And, again, your "best friend" said:

Rev 2:26-27
26 'And he who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; 27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;
NASB

And last but not least:

Rev 20:4a
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them.
NASB

You should quit fantasizing over what you think are others' fantasies; for when you open your mouth in such a manner, you truly remove all doubt about the extent of your own spiritual ignorance, which only rivals that of a bottomless pit.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #9813
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I don't believe I ever said that. If I have, can you quote me?
It's a question, not an accusation. That's what the "?" at the end is supposed to convey.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:55 PM   #9814
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
It's a question, not an accusation. That's what the "?" at the end is supposed to convey.
Oh, I am so relieved.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #9815
HalvOnHorseracing

"Dear God"

Dear God, hope you got the letter
And I pray you can make it better
Down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat
From God
I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but I feel
That I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet
About God
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear God, don't know if you noticed
But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
Us crazy humans wrote it
You should take a look
And all the people that you made in your image
Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't, so do you,
Dear God
I can't believe in
I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down

The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps to compound
That Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax

And if you're up there you perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you
Dear God

Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #9816
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

And I don't need to fantasize about the afterlife or judgment day. I know what I, along with all billions of other saints, will be doing on the Great and Terrible Day of Lord when we stand with Christ to judge the world with Him! And what a glorious honor that will be!
Well my suspicions were right. You do fantasize that you are almost on the same level as God and can "break the rules" of your own religion such as when Jesus said "Judge not lest ye be judged" because you occupy such a high position. I didn't realize your "condition" was this serious.

So where in the Bible does it say that mere morons, I mean mortals like you get to pass judgement on others on "judgement day"?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:33 PM   #9817
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
This picture with the nail driven in Jesus's palm...such a notion is purely fictional. A nail driven in the palm would never lend enough support to keep a crucified man on a cross...the nail would just tear through the fleshy part between the fingers. The nail must have been driven between the two bones above the wrist. But then, how do we explain the wounds in Jesus's palms...which he allowed the Apostle Thomas to touch after his resurrection? And, how about all those Catholic saints, who were supposedly stricken by stigmata, a disease which reproduced on their palms the wounds that were inflicted upon the crucified Jesus? Questions...questions...and no reasonable answer in sight.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:51 AM   #9818
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Ps 49:20
20 Man in his pomp, yet without understanding,
Is like the beasts that perish.
Pomp is your state of being.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:14 AM   #9819
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
How Moral Relativism Refutes itself:

If its true for everyone, then it's absolutely truth. The adherent contradicts himself since he must affirm absolute truth in order to deny it.

On the other hand if my Absolutism is only true for me, then why isn't your Relativism only true for you?

What Relativism says is that All truth is relative, thereby making a universal, absolute statement; thereby affirming Absolutism while denying it!

HYPOCRISY: Relativism states that you can believe whatever you want, as long as it agrees with Relativism. Therefore, Relativism does the the same thing that it preaches against.

If its only true for the person saying it, then it's a meaningless statement destitute of any meaning to the hearer.

Relativism rejects the absolute nature of truth. Relativism is one of the most self-defeating beliefs known to man. Relativism defined: "All truth is relative."

If all truth is relative, as soon as you make that assertion, it either includes itself or excludes itself. Right?

If it includes itself, that means that statement is not always true either-that statement itself is relative and thus, a pointless or mindless contradiction.

If it excludes itself, it is making the possibility of absolutes in some instances, then it is implying that particular statement is an absolute while denying absolutes actually exist. This is called a double standard or self-centered statement.

Objective truth is assumed even when one says all truth is relative. You come to the conclusion, why make the statement to begin with that all truth is relative since it is a contradiction? Is to reject reality and conscience in some way, even Christ?
Your response ignores my question. that's the definition of a Red Herring! The issue at hand is morality and it's source, not whether truth is relative.

Morality is a behavior pattern, nothing more, nothing less. But the exact nature of this behavior differs in several ways.
  • Most people today would agree that slavery is immoral. Yet the Bible condones slavery.
  • The U.S. dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing hundreds of thousands of civilians including women and children. Arguably the ending of the war saved many more lives than that, i.e., the lesser of two evils. The morality of the attack was relative.
  • Most Americans regard public nudity as immoral. But before the coming of the Christian missionaries the people of Hawaii and Tahiti thought it normal. Interesting the natives people of northern Canada were also nudists. They only wore cloths because it was cold. When the Christian missionaries built a church with a large furnace they were stunned when their congregation stripped down to nothing.
  • Certain primitives do not allow a woman to get married until after she has proven her fertility by giving birth to a child. They do not see this as immoral.
  • A man uses a rifle with a telescopic sight kill another human being. If the man is Lee Harvey Oswald and his target is John F. Kennedy this act is immoral. But if the man is a U.S. military trained sniper and his target is a member of the Taliban it's a different story.
Boxcar has ignored my question of whether it is immoral for a soldier to kill the enemy during wartime.

Would Jesus have burned his draft card?

Could the killing of a 14 year old African American male ever be considered a moral act? If so, under what circumstances?

Last edited by Actor; 02-23-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #9820
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Well my suspicions were right. You do fantasize that you are almost on the same level as God and can "break the rules" of your own religion such as when Jesus said "Judge not lest ye be judged" because you occupy such a high position. I didn't realize your "condition" was this serious.

So where in the Bible does it say that mere morons, I mean mortals like you get to pass judgement on others on "judgement day"?
Which of the passages that I quoted in 9812 didn't you get? Or was it all of 'em?

And I don't judge anyone. When I tell you guys that you will die in your sins unless you repent and believe the gospel, I am only echoing Jesus' sentiments:

John 8:24
24 "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."
NASB

And to tell anyone that he or she is a sinner is not judgmental; it's an irrefutable universal spiritual fact of life. Not only does scripture teach this, but the Law of Distrust, as revealed in Natural Revelation (reality as we all know it) tells us this, as well.

But if you're looking for a personal indictment, Mr. Light, I can provide one -- straight from God's truth:

Rom 3:9-18
9What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; 10 as it is written,

"There is none righteous, not even one;
11 There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;
12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless;
There is none who does good,
There is not even one."
13 "Their throat is an open grave,
With their tongues they keep deceiving,"
"The poison of asps is under their lips";
14 "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness";
15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood,
16 Destruction and misery are in their paths,
17 And the path of peace have they not known."
18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

NASB

I know you do not believe that you're guilty as charged here; but that's due to the deceitfulness of sin which has hardened our heart (Heb 3:13). Sin has also deceived your heart.

Jer 17:9
9 "The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?

NASB
Old 02-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #9821
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Your response ignores my question. that's the definition of a Red Herring! The issue at hand is morality and it's source, not whether truth is relative.

Morality is a behavior pattern, nothing more, nothing less. But the exact nature of this behavior differs in several ways.
  • Most people today would agree that slavery is immoral. Yet the Bible condones slavery.
  • The U.S. dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing hundreds of thousands of civilians including women and children. Arguably the ending of the war saved many more lives than that, i.e., the lesser of two evils. The morality of the attack was relative.
  • Most Americans regard public nudity as immoral. But before the coming of the Christian missionaries the people of Hawaii and Tahiti thought it normal. Interesting the natives people of northern Canada were also nudists. They only wore cloths because it was cold. When the Christian missionaries built a church with a large furnace they were stunned when their congregation stripped down to nothing.
  • Certain primitives do not allow a woman to get married until after she has proven her fertility by giving birth to a child. They do not see this as immoral.
  • A man uses a rifle with a telescopic sight kill another human being. If the man is Lee Harvey Oswald and his target is John F. Kennedy this act is immoral. But if the man is a U.S. military trained sniper and his target is a member of the Taliban it's a different story.
Boxcar has ignored my question of whether it is immoral for a soldier to kill the enemy during wartime.

Would Jesus have burned his draft card?

Could the killing of a 14 year old African American male ever be considered a moral act? If so, under what circumstances?
But, sir, it is implicitly understood that truth is supposedly the foundation to moral relativism, as it would be with any philosophy or worldview or ethical system. Is moral relativism absolutely true or false? Now go back and read what I posted.

And have a nice day.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #9822
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
"Dear God"

Dear God, hope you got the letter
And I pray you can make it better
Down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat
From God
I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but I feel
That I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet
About God
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear God, don't know if you noticed
But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
Us crazy humans wrote it
You should take a look
And all the people that you made in your image
Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't, so do you,
Dear God
I can't believe in
I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down

The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps to compound
That Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax

And if you're up there you perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you
Dear God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoI7q_Z-XKg
Now, God has a brief Word a for you:

Ps 14:1-3
4 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds;
There is no one who does good.
2 The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men,
To see if there are any who understand,
Who seek after God.
3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good, not even one.

NASB

Instead of waxing self-righteous, as the self-appointed spokesman for the human race, you should humble yourself and fall to the ground on your face and thank God and praise Him for his common grace in sparing the human race from total annihilation until now which everyone deserves.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #9823
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Pomp is your state of being.
That's why God has not saved you -- because by contrast you're so humble, right?

Don't you know that God resists the proud (Jas 4:6)? (That includes the self-righteous, by the way.)
Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #9824
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
This picture with the nail driven in Jesus's palm...such a notion is purely fictional. A nail driven in the palm would never lend enough support to keep a crucified man on a cross...the nail would just tear through the fleshy part between the fingers. The nail must have been driven between the two bones above the wrist. But then, how do we explain the wounds in Jesus's palms...which he allowed the Apostle Thomas to touch after his resurrection? And, how about all those Catholic saints, who were supposedly stricken by stigmata, a disease which reproduced on their palms the wounds that were inflicted upon the crucified Jesus? Questions...questions...and no reasonable answer in sight.
https://www.gotquestions.org/nails-hands-wrists.html
Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #9825
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But, sir, it is implicitly understood that truth is supposedly the foundation to moral relativism, ...
Yeah? Well ... that's like ... your opinion man.

Quote:
... as it would be with any philosophy or worldview or ethical system.
Yeah? Well ... that's like ... your opinion man.

Quote:
Is moral relativism absolutely true or false?
Go back and read what I posted.

Then rent and watch The Big Lebowski.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: