Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #301
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
You are a total moron.
Boxy, I try not to get in your sights too often.......but I gotta agree in this case.

You really are making way too much of the religion............
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #302
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I'm not sure if I want to vote for Mitt yet or not and Boxcar seems to be the only one around here that I can rely on to provide candid and unbiased analysis.
ABB

(Anyone but Barack)
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #303
boxcar

Quote:
You are a total moron.
Now, now, don't get your panties in a knot. Many progressives would agree with my statement -- only fragmented, conflicted neo-progressives like you would complain. But since you have brought up the topic of Morons, let's look at your boy, shall we? This is they guy you're ga ga over. This is the guy who is going to save America, right?

In his ongoing effort to convince voters that he's really conservative, he made either a remarkably stupid statement or just an outright deceptive one at a conference.

Mitt Romney says the Iranians released hostages in 1981 because they feared Ronald Reagan's approach to foreign policy

During a March 6, 2012, video address to a conference of the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee, Mitt Romney seized the tough foreign policy mantle of President Ronald Reagan.

"I believe the right course is what Ronald Reagan called peace through strength," Romney told the pro-Israel group. "There's a reason why the Iranians released the hostages on the same day and at the same hour that Reagan was sworn in. As president, I'll offer that kind of clarity, strength and resolve."

But was Reagan’s "peace through strength" philosophy really responsible for freeing the 52 Americans who were taken hostage by Islamic militants and held for 444 days?

The article goes on to make the convincing case that it was really Carter who made the deal. And there was a lot of money involved in that deal -- Iranian assets which Carter had frozen, etc.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...es-1981-becau/

So, whether your Moron was outright lying or just badly misinformed, we already have a guy in the WH who can't or won't get his facts straight. We need to replace him with someone who suffers from the same deficiencies about as much as we need to replace all our combustion-powered cars in this country with Volts.

Boxcar
Old 03-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #304
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Boxy, I try not to get in your sights too often.......but I gotta agree in this case.

You really are making way too much of the religion............
I made the remark about a specific religion to accentuate PAs even absurder stereotypical and rather bigoted remarks that blanketed all religions.

But I'm glad you're paying attention...

Boxcar
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #305
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
I'm stuck in the past? Kind of like you when you consistently bang on Romney's past...

Move along... you are both a hypocrite and a coward.
Oh...I don't know how I overlooked this utterly stupid post. Now you're going to tell us that we're not supposed to scrutinize a politician's past record, his words, his actions in helping us to make an informed decision about this country's future?

And when I talk about any candidate's past, it's relevant to current events and the future elections, which is far more than can be said about all your irrelevant non sequiturs.

Boxcar
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #306
NJ Stinks

Quote:
You are a total moron.
Still spreading a little of that Mackian Zeitgeist wherever you go, I see.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #307
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Oh...I don't know how I overlooked this utterly stupid post. Now you're going to tell us that we're not supposed to scrutinize a politician's past record, his words, his actions in helping us to make an informed decision about this country's future?

And when I talk about any candidate's past, it's relevant to current events and the future elections, which is far more than can be said about all your irrelevant non sequiturs.

Boxcar

If you haven't read it yet I would suggest it... lays out your strategy for this election very succinctly.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #308
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller

If you haven't read it yet I would suggest it... lays out your strategy for this election very succinctly.
Alinsky and I would have as about as much in common ideologically as you would have with a Constitutionalist. I would suggest you try remembering this.

Boxcar
P.S. My strategy for this election, btw, is to not participate with the herds of Jackasses when they all go to vote for their favorite Jackal. I'm more of a lone wolf type, if you get my drift.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #309
DRIVEWAY

Quote:

Boxcar
P.S. My strategy for this election, btw, is to not participate with the herds of Jackasses when they all go to vote for their favorite Jackal. I'm more of a lone wolf type, if you get my drift.
There are many that believe that voting is their civic duty. Many have sacrificed over the years to protect this democracy and they would be offended to hear the commentary above.

Do you ever stop labeling people?
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #310
alytim

Quote:
Ahh...but my "groan" was very temporary. But this nation's groan will turn into extensive weeping and wailing no matter the outcome of the election. Stock up on very large crying towels... and a high quality sump pump to try to keep your digs above all the tears.

Boxcar
You finally played the Jim Jones card, "it's too late children". Crawl into your bunker and mix up the Kool-Aid.
alytim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #311
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
There are many that believe that voting is their civic duty. Many have sacrificed over the years to protect this democracy and they would be offended to hear the commentary above.

Do you ever stop labeling people?
And can you write something that is grammatically correct for a change? "There are many WHO believe..." Wear that label.

Civic duty is fine as far it goes. But as I said earlier, I'm not morally or legally obligated to vote. For me, civic duty does not trump my moral outrage, nor should it. Nor does it trump a good conscience. The system of government in this country has become totally corrupt. The process is corrupt. And the politicians who participate in the process are corrupt. I have reached the point where I can no longer participate in it and maintain a good conscience. I can no longer sit back and listen to the lies of politicians and then give tacit approval to those corrupt politicians via my [/b]direct participation[/b] in the voting process. I can no longer reward their corruption and lies with my vote. I would prefer that someone lie to extract gain illegally from me than have someone dupe me into believing them for the purpose of soliciting my legal vote. As I have often stated on this forum, I much prefer walking a mile with the enemy I know than a hundred feet with the one who pretends to be my friend.

I realize this perspective is very difficult for the majority of folks on this forum to understand. Does this mean I have totally given up on this country? No, I have not. I pray for this nation daily. I pray that the good Lord above would, yet, have mercy on this nation as he did in the beginning and raise up good, decent, God-fearing leaders. If he answered and provided such leadership, I would then participate in the process. But if he doesn't, I'm okay with that, too, because my conscience would be clean.

Finally, for your info, that "label" to which you have taken offense is an old one and not one that originated with me. (How I only wish you were but half as much offended as I am by the corrupt politicians in this country!) It originated with H.L Mencken who I think said, "Democracy is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses." And is this not true? Just look at the gazillions of posts on this forum alone written by zealots and apologists alike on behalf of their favorite Jackals. And people complain when I defend my King.

Boxcar
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #312
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I made the remark about a specific religion to accentuate PAs even absurder stereotypical and rather bigoted remarks that blanketed all religions.

But I'm glad you're paying attention...

Boxcar
How can I be bigoted when you yourself say it's a blanket statement?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #313
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alytim
You finally played the Jim Jones card, "it's too late children". Crawl into your bunker and mix up the Kool-Aid.
Whether it's too late or not, I am not privileged to know. But the hour is late -- very late for the whole world. But by the time you recognize this, you will wish that you had some of that Kool-Aid in order to escape the horrors of the final hour for all time.

Rev 6:16-17
16 and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?
NASB

Boxcar
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #314
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Whether it's too late or not, I am not privileged to know. But the hour is late -- very late for the whole world. But by the time you recognize this, you will wish that you had some of that Kool-Aid in order to escape the horrors of the final hour for all time.

Rev 6:16-17
16 and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come; and who is able to stand?
NASB

Boxcar
Why would God be so pissed off at the creatures he created...creatures who are sinners and can be nothing but sinners. Creatures incapable of perfection...incapable of purity of spirit and soul?

What is He so teed off about that he will bring such wrath down upon the world at the end?

Man has been sinning since creation...all of a sudden it's a huge problem?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #315
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How can I be bigoted when you yourself say it's a blanket statement?
Did you not use the universe term "all"? In fact, in your second go-around you even expanded it to beliefs and practices. You covered all the bases. You didn't leave out anyone's religion. You're just anti-God in a universal way, as are many atheists. Are you surprised at yourself? That you could make such a thoughtless, insensitive, broad-brushed and stereotypical characterization?

Boxcar