Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The manager didn’t ask them to leave, she simply called the cops after they declined to order.
Are we going to litigate this one AGAIN? Are you sure about this?

I would have to think when she called the cops, the first thing the cops would have asked her was "Have you asked them to leave?"

And if she said "NO," they would have told her to go ask them to leave.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #77
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Even if it is discrimination it is apparently allowed in privately owned businesses.

Not philosophically that different than the cake guy who wouldn't bake for the gay couple.

If I owned the restaurant I would have served her and not made a big deal about it. Only if the situation became dangerous or uncontrollable would I intervene.
It's very different, sir. Different as night is from the day.

The Christian baker was acting out of conviction about all that the bible teaches about how Christians are to hate all that is evil (same sex sex being one of those evils), and to rejoice and love all that is righteous.

The baker was also acting according to the mandate that when the world's laws conflict with God's, the Christian is to forsake the former and cling to the latter. Ultimately, Christians are to act out their faith by obeying God, rather than men in that kind of situation.

And thirdly, Christians are obligated to guard their Christian testimony by abstaining even from the mere appearance of evil, such as the baker sending a tacit signal to the homosexual couple that he was onboard with their sinful lifestyle, which his artistic hand-made cake would have sent if he had consented to design and make the cake.

Conversely, it is begging to be asked of the restauranteur: Which of God's laws or which U.S. law do people, of different political persuasion from yours, violate that makes them worthy of your discrimination?

Moreover, I believe a good case could be made that the restauranteur's refusal to serve constitutes a form of hate speech. Notwithstanding the judge's decision, if the owner has no legitimate legal ground for refusing service, then the basis for his refusal must be on purely moral grounds, e.g. he hates all Trump supporters. His act of refusing to serve, then, would be a form of hate speech. He simply acted out on his hate for Trump supporters.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #78
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"Dangerous to THEMSELVES"? Do you suppose that these "leftists" are unhinged enough to poison their OWN food?
I was referring to left-wing extremists in general. Yes, they are unhinged and that makes them potentially dangerous. Unhinged people tend to not think in rational terms.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #79
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It's very different, sir. Different as night is from the day.

The Christian baker was acting out of conviction about all that the bible teaches about how Christians are to hate all that is evil (same sex sex being one of those evils), and to rejoice and love all that is righteous.

The baker was also acting according to the mandate that when the world's laws conflict with God's, the Christian is to forsake the former and cling to the latter. Ultimately, Christians are to act out their faith by obeying God, rather than men in that kind of situation.

And thirdly, Christians are obligated to guard their Christian testimony by abstaining even from the mere appearance of evil, such as the baker sending a tacit signal to the homosexual couple that he was onboard with their sinful lifestyle, which his artistic hand-made cake would have sent if he had consented to design and make the cake.

Conversely, it is begging to be asked of the restauranteur: Which of God's laws or which U.S. law do people, of different political persuasion from yours, violate that makes them worthy of your discrimination?

Moreover, I believe a good case could be made that the restauranteur's refusal to serve constitutes a form of hate speech. Notwithstanding the judge's decision, if the owner has no legitimate legal ground for refusing service, then the basis for his refusal must be on purely moral grounds, e.g. he hates all Trump supporters. His act of refusing to serve, then, would be a form of hate speech. He simply acted out on his hate for Trump supporters.
In other words...when the Supreme Court upheld the right of the Christian baker to refuse service to the gay customers...it was upholding the validity of the bible's message regarding "evil"?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
In other words...when the Supreme Court upheld the right of the Christian baker to refuse service to the gay customers...it was upholding the validity of the bible's message regarding "evil"?
I didn't say that. I've explained a few of the reasons why the baker would refuse.

Permit me to turn your question around and pour it on your head: Do you think the baker refused service on the grounds of the SC ruling?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #81
fast4522

Quote:
You wanna know how I see it? These are public figures...and public figures should come equipped with a fair amount of thick skin. If they can dish it out...then they should be able to occasionally TAKE it, as well. This isn't "hate"; at the most, it's built up aggravation that occasionally spills out a little more widely than it should. SO WHAT? Tom lashes out against ALL the liberals here...and I haven't yet heard ONE righty accusing him of "hating".

When you accept a job in the public arena, and make it your business to address the public in any way that you see fit...then you are fair game, IMO. And it doesn't matter if your name is "Donald Trump", "Barack Obama", "Bill and Hillary Clinton"...or "Sarah Sanders". This isn't a "church"...it's an online chat-room...for heaven's sake. Aren't we allowed to have a little fun?
First of all my comment to you was not about Sarah Sanders having a few meals, it was more about a point in time we obviously are not currently. We are pitted against one another because of ideology and because it enables others to profit from our confusion. Forget Tom, your a liberal because you were born and bred to be one. The same can be said about Tom born and bred to be catholic, like till the day he dies right? Some things are not meant for change when you really understand the underpinnings. You say Barack Obama and I say Donald Trump, you say he was the best and I say by any measure he did not love this country. The truth is that he was a globalist and because of that it precluded doing for our nation but instead did for the world. One can say Obama's friends lost big money after Trump was elected, and conversely Trumps friends made big money shortly after he was elected. Check it out Soros/Icahn just weeks after Presidential election.

You want to have a little fun I say go for it, you think deeper here we will be around.

Last edited by fast4522; 06-24-2018 at 09:37 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #82
davew

Quote:
I didn't say that. I've explained a few of the reasons why the baker would refuse.

Permit me to turn your question around and pour it on your head: Do you think the baker refused service on the grounds of the SC ruling?
The artist just refused to adorn a wedding cake for them and was willing to supply other things.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #83
thaskalos

Quote:

Whatever the reason was that led the baker to refuse service to the gay customers...it was still "bad business", IMO. Going into business is a very risky endeavor...and the risk multiplies further when you bring religious or political proclivities into your operation. I don't care if it's a Greek refusing a Turk, an Arab refusing a Jew, a Christian refusing a gay...or a liberal refusing Sarah Sanders; even if the refusing businessman has a "moral" leg to stand on...he is still committing a grave business error, which can easily cost him his business life.

If a person feels that his religious or political affiliations influence his business judgement, then he should perhaps avoid going into business to begin with...because running a business is hard enough in today's economic climate. The venture certainly doesn't need any further complications.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #84
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
First of all my comment to you was not about Sarah Sanders having a few meals, it was more about a point in time we obviously are not currently. We are pitted against one another because of ideology and because it enables others to profit from our confusion. Forget Tom, your a liberal because you were born and bred to be one. The same can be said about Tom born and bred to be catholic, like till the day he dies right? Some things are not meant for change when you really understand the underpinnings. You say Barack Obama and I say Donald Trump, you say he was the best and I say by any measure he did not love this country. The truth is that he was a globalist and because of that it precluded doing for our nation but instead did for the world. One can say Obama's friends lost big money after Trump was elected, and conversely Trumps friends made big money shortly after he was elected. Check it out Soros/Icahn just weeks after Presidential election.

You want to have a little fun I say go for it, you think deeper here we will be around.
If we are indeed pitted against one another because "others profit by our confusion"...then, why should we continue doing it? We KNOW that we are being used for the benefit of "others"...but we still persist in our "confusion"? Why don't we just wise up...and tell those "others" to go FVCK THEMSELVES?
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #85
fast4522

Quote:
If we are indeed pitted against one another because "others profit by our confusion"...then, why should we continue doing it? We KNOW that we are being used for the benefit of "others"...but we still persist in our "confusion"? Why don't we just wise up...and tell those "others" to go FVCK THEMSELVES?
Gus, you do what you have to.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #86
delayjf

Whack-a-doddle Maxine Waters is calling for Dems to harass any and all Trump Administrators in a similar manner. I think Rush is right, somebody's going to get killed.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #87
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I think Rush is right, somebody's going to get killed.
Nothing like a voice of reason......El Rushbo

How is that likely to happen anyway?
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #88
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Some crackpot will run with his gun and shoot a group of Republicans.

I would take El Rushbo over Maximum drama queen Waters anytime for voice of reason.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 12:33 AM   #89
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Ask Steve Scalise
Old 06-25-2018, 12:55 AM   #90
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Ask Steve Scalise
Scalise had it coming. Just ask h4c. He'll tell you.