Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #16
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Software doesn't need to be specifically designed for longshots for it to be successful in playing longshots.
Excellent point. And to give "just the facts", the recently completed Gold Coast Tournament had more long shots than any other I can remember. The winner for the 2nd straight year used the HTR program.

And using it doesn't guarantee you success, since about 40 other users had the same program and did not cash.

There is no "instant success" in this game. You need to get the best tools and learn how to use them to have a chance.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #17
ratpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonicaslim
Are there software programs available for longshots only? (or at least claiming to be for longshots ony) If so, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Slim
There was one floting arounding a few years ago called MASS FEAR, I dont know if it is still around.

My advise is to stay away unless you get it for free and feel like messing around.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
dutchboy
Veteran

As a frequent "sucker" for software pitches I always wonder why someone who had a legit and profitable program would sell a copy of it. The prices they seem to sell the software for should be a tip. Best guess is the most expensive commercial software being sold may be $500.00 Most appear to be less than 200. If someone really had found the secret I doubt if they would share it for any price.
dutchboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
If someone really had found the secret I doubt if they would share it for any price.
Very true, but that doesn't automatically relegate the software that IS commercially available to the dustbin.

Most of the software you see isn't a black box, so there is little fear from the vendor that the prices will be "shot to shit"

Why is this so hard to fathom? Software like HTR, HSH, HandicappingOS, etc. etc. is designed as a TOOL to help you handicap the way YOU are COMFORTABLE handicapping. It's not designed to simply open a race and tell you exactly who to bet.

I think everyone's fantasy is to come across a software program that does nothing but spit out winning pick after winning pick....THAT's something you will NEVER see sold....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-01-2007 at 04:27 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #20
Mike at A+
Software Developer

A+ Basic Edition

I wrote a program earlier this year called A+ Basic Edition. There are no downloads required and no configurations. It's uncanny at picking longshots but sometimes overlooks obvious chalk horses that win easily. A good trade off as far as I'm concerned. I've been posting results daily for the following categories: $10+ TOP WINNERS, COLD EXACTAS, COLD TRIFECTAS, COLD SUPERFECTAS, COLD DOUBLES (AND OTHER MULTI-RACE BETS), BOX EXACTAS (2 unit bet), BOX TRIFECTAS (6 unit bet), BOX SUPERFECTAS (24 unit bet), KEY TRIFECTAS (2 unit bet) AND KEY SUPERFECTAS (6 unit bet). I use my own power ratings, my own derived speed figures and variants that are sensitive to both distance and surface. Also figuring big in the algorithm are jockey ratings, trainer ratings and the all important "jockey for trainer" ratings. There are several differences between this product and our "signature product", A+ Thoroughbred Race Handicapper (version 8.0). Among them are that Basic does not look at races over 120 days old, does not use any vendor files, has no setups and none of the "bells and whistles" you'd get in our main product and uses its own very compact data files which automatically download and run the track/date you choose with one click. Basic sells for $39 and comes with 30 days of usage. BUT .....

Since the owners of this website would probably discourage any sales pitches here, between now and the end of August, 2007, I'll send the program on CD free of charge (no S&H either) to the first 25 people who email me at mike@aplusthorobred.com with "PA Basic" in the subject line and your snail mail address in the body of the email. I'll need your real name and a valid email address in order to burn the CD. What's in it for me? Hey, maybe you'll recommend it to someone who is not very computer savvy and would like a very simple handicapping program.

Once you start the program, you get a "greet screen" that lists days remaining on your subscription, some "general news" that everyone can see like recent results and an area where we can insert a personal message that only a specific user can see. You can see some info on the program and some screen shots at A+ Basic Edition.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #21
Lefty

Dutchboy, reread post 16, and you'll know why programmers sell winning software.
Also I have software that i wish i did only have $500 involved.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #22
dutchboy
Veteran

I wonder if it is possible to reread something that was never read. Might be an idea for a Twilight Zone program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Dutchboy, reread post 16, and you'll know why programmers sell winning software.
Also I have software that i wish i did only have $500 involved.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #23
Lefty

Dutchboy, then read it for the first time. I assumed since you jumped in, you had read the preceding posts. Read it and you will know. Not the first time the concept that softare is just a tool has been posted either. Guess you missed em all.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #24
Mike at A+
Software Developer

THIS OFFER IS NOW WITHDRAWN!

EVERYONE WHO HAS REQUESTED THIS PROGRAM AS OF 1:25 P.M. EASTERN TIME THURSDAY, AUGUST 16, 2007 SHOULD RECEIVE IT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE!
AS IT TURNS OUT, WE WILL BE SENDING OUT 31 CD'S.
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PROGRAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at A+
I wrote a program earlier this year called A+ Basic Edition. There are no downloads required and no configurations. It's uncanny at picking longshots but sometimes overlooks obvious chalk horses that win easily. A good trade off as far as I'm concerned. I've been posting results daily for the following categories: $10+ TOP WINNERS, COLD EXACTAS, COLD TRIFECTAS, COLD SUPERFECTAS, COLD DOUBLES (AND OTHER MULTI-RACE BETS), BOX EXACTAS (2 unit bet), BOX TRIFECTAS (6 unit bet), BOX SUPERFECTAS (24 unit bet), KEY TRIFECTAS (2 unit bet) AND KEY SUPERFECTAS (6 unit bet). I use my own power ratings, my own derived speed figures and variants that are sensitive to both distance and surface. Also figuring big in the algorithm are jockey ratings, trainer ratings and the all important "jockey for trainer" ratings. There are several differences between this product and our "signature product", A+ Thoroughbred Race Handicapper (version 8.0). Among them are that Basic does not look at races over 120 days old, does not use any vendor files, has no setups and none of the "bells and whistles" you'd get in our main product and uses its own very compact data files which automatically download and run the track/date you choose with one click. Basic sells for $39 and comes with 30 days of usage. BUT .....

Since the owners of this website would probably discourage any sales pitches here, between now and the end of August, 2007, I'll send the program on CD free of charge (no S&H either) to the first 25 people who email me at mike@aplusthorobred.com with "PA Basic" in the subject line and your snail mail address in the body of the email. I'll need your real name and a valid email address in order to burn the CD. What's in it for me? Hey, maybe you'll recommend it to someone who is not very computer savvy and would like a very simple handicapping program.

Once you start the program, you get a "greet screen" that lists days remaining on your subscription, some "general news" that everyone can see like recent results and an area where we can insert a personal message that only a specific user can see. You can see some info on the program and some screen shots at A+ Basic Edition.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #25
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Thank You All

Well, I just finished burning and packaging the last CD. They will all go out in tomorrow's mail. When I started, I realized that I was low on CD labels so I sent them out "au natural" with just "A+ Basic 1.0" hand written on each CD. Each package includes a CD in a case, some brief printed installation instructions and directions on how to use the program and two bumper stickers which I would greatly appreciate if you can display on your vehicles. A little free advertising never hurts. Thanks again to all for the overwhelming response. Now it's time to check some results to see how Basic is doing today.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #26
dutchboy
Veteran

"softare" in your post should be spelled software. I miss very little as you imply in your simplistic reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Dutchboy, then read it for the first time. I assumed since you jumped in, you had read the preceding posts. Read it and you will know. Not the first time the concept that softare is just a tool has been posted either. Guess you missed em all.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #27
Lefty

It's a TYPO, mr dense.. And you said you never saw it or was your twilight zone reply just a crude attempt to be a smartass? When i'm trying to help someone, I'm not appreciative of smartass answers.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #28
timtam

Mike:

I saw one of your bumperstickers on Hamilton Blvd on my way to work.

I was too late for the offer though. Had to take my Mom to Bethlehem,Pa.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #29
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
As a frequent "sucker" for software pitches I always wonder why someone who had a legit and profitable program would sell a copy of it. The prices they seem to sell the software for should be a tip. Best guess is the most expensive commercial software being sold may be $500.00 Most appear to be less than 200. If someone really had found the secret I doubt if they would share it for any price.
There's a lot of good software out there. They price ranges from $20.00 to $800.00. I don't believe there's any secret to this game. You're pre- conceived notion that none of the software out there works is due to your own lack of experience and knowledge of the game.
I notice you very fast to critique my good friend Lefty's spelling.
I take offense to that and lots of others will feel the same way. Excercise your inferior personality traits some place else. If you are feeling inadequate, go see your shrink.

Last edited by Partsnut; 08-20-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #30
midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
There's more expensive software than $500. Three that come to mind are HSH ($595), Powerline ($600), and Stealth ($795). The first two are fairly well respected by several here. The third one is junk, in my opinion.
  Reply With Quote Reply