Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
tommytomaso

Question dbMaxCapper

I purchased a copy of dbMaxCapper V3.0 from ADK coders last October. Does anyone know if they are still in business? I tried to contact them via their address (adkcoders1@nycap.rr.com) listed in the help section of the program but it is not a valid address. I never got to use the program because I took a break from handicapping the horses for awhile, now I'm back but can not run the program without a unlock key. I sure hate to waste $150 on a program that I can not use.

Best,
Tommy
tommytomaso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
ratpack

There new email adkcoders1@suddenlink.net
Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't understand....what happend to your unlock key?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
tommytomaso

Thank you for the information.
best,
tommy
Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
tommytomaso

When I received the program I never used it and never sent in for a unlock code.
best,
tommy
Old 06-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
InFront
Veteran

Latest Version

I purchased dbMaxcapper about a year ago and between several emails and some phone conversations over this past year have worked with Bob the developer on improving his product by adding many new features. So make sure you use and get the latest version before building your database so you can use the new features especially the new dbfields that been added. The version I have reads Version 3.0 012. Also the help guide within the program itself has been updated explaining all the new features that been added so far.

Forgot to mention when opening up dbMaxcapper the title bar will still read Version 3.0 but when you go into About this is were it should read 3.0 012.

Last edited by InFront; 06-06-2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Forgot To Mention
InFront is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomaso
When I received the program I never used it and never sent in for a unlock code.
best,
tommy
I don't understand...you purchased the program from the company, but then had to contact the company for an unlock code?

Usually, when you purchase a program from a company, they send it to you already unlocked, or at the very least, they INCLUDE the code....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I've run into this befero, PA. I bought a program, installed it, the had to call/email to get the code to activate it based on the serial number.
Great idea, until I got a new computer and the phone number no longer worked!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #9
tommytomaso

Even a fully paid copy of the program comes with an expiration date, after that date has been reached you have to contact ADKcoders for a key code. I had put the program on the shelf and forgot all about it until the other day when I came across in again. The program had expired on 12/15/06 so I could not access it any longer. Thanks to your forum users I was able to contact the vendor and they have since sent me a workable code. Thanks too all that responded with the help tips.

Best,

Tommy
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
Lefty

That's why I no longer use the prgm. I accidently deleted the prgm or tried to move it or something i forget , went to my disk, sent got a new unlock code and couldn't get it to work. After many e-mails back and forth, no go. A royal pain in the ass for something already bght and pd for.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #11
ratpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I don't understand...you purchased the program from the company, but then had to contact the company for an unlock code?

Usually, when you purchase a program from a company, they send it to you already unlocked, or at the very least, they INCLUDE the code....
I guess its the poor mans way of protecting his software.

I know Computrak does the same sort of thing. Everytime my computer changes in certain ways Comutrack will stop working and Rube will have to send me a new code to get it to work again.

My Maxcapper has the same problem but the one unlock key Bob sent me works all the time if I have to reinstall the program
Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
InFront
Veteran

Free Support and Updates

I been with dbMaxcapper for a year now and from what I know it's a one time purchase which includes updates, fixes and support and no expiration date once registered. Not like other programs where they may be a monthly or yearly charge for any of this. Maybe someday if the developer adds many more features and releases another major new version he may have to charge for all this work which I would have no problem in paying. But the way it stands now he offers this product with support as a one time purchase.
InFront is offline   Reply With Quote Reply