Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
winbets

Cool

I LOVE Mountaineer.
winbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
winbets

The so called "smart crowd" here in Vegas all seem to bet Southern Cal tracks. More power to them. It is a rare occasion when I would bet anything at Hollwood !!
winbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
Pell Mell
Veteran

Tracks have always carded races for the better horses on Sat. I always took Sat. off because of the type of handicapping I use. I like races for cheap horses because I'm an angle player.

If your into numbers your much better off on Sat. because better horses run to their numbers more often than the cheapies.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #19
Good4Now

Welcome BUD,

Hope you come often and join in the mayhem!

From the above posts you should see this is quite a game where finding your way of doing things can take some time and one size DOES NOT FIT-ALL.

Keep records and review them. Select a type of race by distance, surface and class level and come to understand why, in different fields, different running lines from the past performances will show you why one horse is better than the rest TODAY.

AND never be in a hurry to put down your money. Somewhere in this great Country of ours you can bet on a horserace every day of the year BUT Christmas!
Good4Now is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #20
Greyfox

Sage Advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Now
1. one size DOES NOT FIT-ALL.
2. Keep records and review them.
3. Never be in a hurry to put down your money.
Good4Now, pardon my editing. Very sage advice.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #21
ratpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Pup
I would think that the crowd is "smarter" during the week. So weekends SHOULD be better??????
I know when I was using All in One V6 that program had the ability to automatically keep track of which days of the week did better.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 AM   #22
Bill Olmsted

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbets
I LOVE Mountaineer.
MNR is one of my favorites too! I love the linesmaker...this guy will make a horse modest talent a 1/1 ml fav with no compunction whatsoever. I'll have what he's drinking!
Bill Olmsted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #23
BlueShoe

Days

For this player; Big Tracks + Big Days = Big trouble.My worst days of the entire year usually occur on days that feature numerous graded stakes races with good horses coming from several different tracks.Breeders Cup day,Derby day,Sunshine Millions Day,etc. are often days that I would like to forget about.Have actually found a solution to this;stay home.Have stayed put the last two BC and Derby days and viewed the spectacle on the tube without wagering a single deuce.Give me a card of mostly mid level claiming events for older colts and geldings and I am in my element.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #24
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Olmsted
MNR is one of my favorites too! I love the linesmaker...this guy will make a horse modest talent a 1/1 ml fav with no compunction whatsoever. I'll have what he's drinking!
Bill, I don’t play Mnr, but I do get a kick out of the MLO maker’s upper range in odds. (2+ years)

MLO >=30-1

[9 / 1854 ~ 0.5% ~ $0.20 cents.]
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply