Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #46
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBetter
U need the program to be successful.
True.....if relying solely on a program, one would "need" such a program to be successful.

Along the same line...if one were to attempt to pass a spelling class...one would "need" spell check.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #47
dirty moose

Long time no speak everyone. My copy has long been sold and I've gone back to playing poker.

I tried 3 different way of handicapping in my 2 year journey. Paper, RDSS and finally Black Magic. I did well with all 3 when I wasn't tilting my self. Which means 80% of the time I was tilted out of my mind. Don't ask me why, I don't have the answer.

I know that when I play poker, I have close to zero tilt. I guess It's cause I've been playing poker for over 10 years now.

Out of the 3 forms of cappin', I did the best with Black Magic. That's all I'll say, I'm not here to sell you on it. And if I didn't blow my bankroll on a weekly basis, I'd still be playing and making money on the side.

All programs can present information to you, but in the end it still up to you to determine what you'll do with that information.

One last thing about Pizzolla. He's very honest. He will tell you right off the bat his software isn't for the faint of heart. He will also tell you the most important thing is to be properly bankrolled. Second most important will be your mental game. I was bad at both.

If you guys have more questions, fire away. I'll answer as many as I can.

Matt
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 02:20 AM   #48
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
True.....if relying solely on a program, one would "need" such a program to be successful.

Along the same line...if one were to attempt to pass a spelling class...one would "need" spell check.

Quite possibly, the funniest post of the year.....and no one "got it", or cared, or even saw it.

AMERICA: YEAR 2015 a sad commentary indeed--a joke unrequited

*no offense ultimate "better"...you deserve better
my heartfelt apologies for a bitter and broken nation
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #49
Appy

Thanks for that enlightening post Moose.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #50
acorn54

moose, thanks i couldn't have said it any better.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #51
dlisenberg

Black magic for sale

I have PM'd some of you about buying BM. I decided the safest way to list it on ebay for the protection of buyer and seller.

Here is the link. Auction ends today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221972766436...84.m1555.l2649

I am selling this for my father. I still use Black Magic daily.
dlisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #52
Thor

I recently purchased a used license from a board member.

I made my decision to purchase BLAM after spending over a year researching different programs. I do not have a "pace" background and tried RDSS and it did not "speak' to me. I know many people that use the program successfully, but it did not work for me.

Why do you buy anything? You expect to get some benefit/value, I am looking for a program that provides another way of analyzing the race, provide me with a structure and expand my abilities. I spent several months watching the dvd's, watching races, learning how to expand my point of view.

MP does states that you need patience, a strong mind, so I have made less bets, and it is funny, I can sense when I am going to win and other times have an odd feeling that I am making a weaker bet, but just can't help myself!

What I can say is that I am satisfied with the purchase, wish I had more uninterrupted time to use the program more and will most likely purchase the new offering that MP releases. I have learned a new methodology.

The new program will incorporate BLAM so you might see me offering my license and hopefully that person will learn and expand their ability as mine has grown.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2021, 08:08 AM   #53
Pfranktdn9

Post Black magic software

Does anyone have the Black Magic Software for sale? I'm very interested in purchasing the software if anyone has it for sale. Please contact me if you do.
Pfranktdn9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply