Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #46
KirisClown

[YT="Rebel"]0LTwutyXzZ0[/YT]
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I just checked with Rand McNally....you can't get to Louisville from Hot Springs. At least this year.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #48
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Thank you for that! What a thriller!
BlueChip@DRF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #49
letswastemoney

It's time to toss the Remsen horses from consideration in the Kentucky Derby. What a disappointment each of them has been!
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #50
Tread

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
It's time to toss the Remsen horses from consideration in the Kentucky Derby. What a disappointment each of them has been!
Not really a fair comment because Delhomme is clearly suffering from some sort of issue in that race, as he quit after 4f and is eased coming home. And don't forget, Normandy Invasion was only a length behind Oxbow in the Risen Star and was going by him just after the wire.
Tread is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #51
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread
Not really a fair comment because Delhomme is clearly suffering from some sort of issue in that race, as he quit after 4f and is eased coming home. And don't forget, Normandy Invasion was only a length behind Oxbow in the Risen Star and was going by him just after the wire.
Toss the Remsen, toss the Rebel, toss the Risen Star. They were all poor races.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The winner looked very green to me

If he improves later in the year ?

The fall could be his time.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #53
theguarantee

Quote:

If everyone thinks like this - and I think they will - NI might just be a nice price in the Wood...
theguarantee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #54
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
Toss the Remsen, toss the Rebel, toss the Risen Star. They were all poor races.
Sure looks that way right now.......
Old 03-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
letswastemoney

Quote:
At some point, the record of the horses in the Remsen has to count for something, and the top 3 are 0 for 3 so far.

Normandy Invasion would be good for 3rd or 4th place in the Derby. I don't think I will use him on top.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #56
Robert Fischer
clean money

notes

Oxbow 4 wide early, moderate pace 4 lengths behind the duel into the 1st turn. Made up ground with the pack and made 1st run, tackling Super Ninety Nine, led late and hung in the final yards from his efforts.

Super Ninety Nine bid from the outside for the 1st turn with Title Contender, and was carried out a path. Went a good clip for a quarter, then a reasonable pace. Was jumped by Oxbow prior to the turn, and was jostled while beaten in the stretch.

Will Take Charge saved ground between horses into the 1st turn. Ranged up with pack along the outside to an ideal stalking position. Steady drive and finished with good energy.

Both Lukas horses galloped out well.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #57
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Congrats to TVGFan and others who had the

I was big on Oxbow and he's still my horse for the Derby.
Stalked a good clip today (while wide again on the first turn) and ran by the speed to take over the race...got a little late. I think if his move is timed right he can get there at CD.
He reminds me of Real Quiet for some reason - just grinds along.

As for my other horse, Carve, well...he got away awkwardly from the rail and then fell way back. Too much too soon for him - just wasn't ready for this kind yet.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 03-17-2013 at 12:29 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #58
theguarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Congrats to TVGFan and others who had the

I was big on Oxbow and he's still my horse for the Derby.
Stalked a good clip today (while wide again on the first turn) and ran by the speed to take over the race...got a little late. I think if his move is timed right he can get there at CD.
He reminds me of Real Quiet for some reason - just grinds along.

As for my other horse, Carve, well...he got away awkwardly from the rail and then fell way back. Too much too soon for him - just wasn't ready for this kind yet.
I grew quite fond of Oxbow while capping this morning but must admit a tinge of satisfaction watching him get nipped as all of my plays were pretty much singling him and Don't Tell Sophia. With that said - I thought he ran a great race today in the fact that he probably covered more ground than Will Take Charge - and also did the dirty work putting away Super Ninety Nine (who I actually thought was using a lot of energy early and was going to be done but seemed to suddenly be loaded when the hit the turn)...but I really didn't think his move was timed poorly at all, I thought it was perfect...besides losing some ground his trip was pretty good, well-timed move, nice run, just barely not good enough.
I'm a fan too I just can't quite figure out how he's beating Will Take Charge if going even longer?
Just my viewpoint of the race...
theguarantee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #59
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
At some point, the record of the horses in the Remsen has to count for something, and the top 3 are 0 for 3 so far.

Normandy Invasion would be good for 3rd or 4th place in the Derby. I don't think I will use him on top.

He might not even make it into the gate.
BlueChip@DRF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #60
SandyW

If anything can be learned from today's Rebel is never under estimate a hall of fame trainer and the skill and ability to get these young horses ready for a big dance.

D.Wayne Lukas has won the Eclipse Award for Outstanding Trainer four times.

As a trainer he has won 4 Kentucky Derbies, 5 Preakness Stakes, 4 Belmont Stakes along with 19 Breeder Cup Races including the 2012 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.

The horses that he has trained have won over 4455 races and that does not include the 739 quarter horse winners that he has trained.

And just in case anybody has forgotten, he is the only trainer in history to have sweep the triple crown in the same year (1995) with two different horses with Thunder Gulch winning the first two and Timber Country winning The Belmont.

Still a great trainer at the ripe old age of 77 and makes the rest of us old timers feel young again.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply