Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #91
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave

Conversely, the elitist conservative believes that every low information vote should be bought.
If it is a free market transaction between consenting adults, what's the problem?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #92
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
If it is a free market transaction between consenting adults, what's the problem?
It was meant as a compliment.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #93
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
It was meant as a compliment.
I'm sure the Koch brothers are toasting your good health this evening.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #94
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025805067#post1

Some post election reaction at DU
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #95
fast4522

OMG

19. You possess an optimism I can only imagine.

Democrats deliver them every social program and benefit they require and their thanks amounts to emails of the POTUS in a watermelon patch.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #96
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025804529#post1

More on Joe Manchin,

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025803665#post2

Even more

Last edited by JustRalph; 11-12-2014 at 05:32 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #97
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Wow......what a bunch of mean, hate-filled folks. Glad they have a place to vent!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #98
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

This argument about a low voter turnout is pathetic. It is too absurd to even discuss.

America rejected the liberal BS resoundingly.
Those who did not vote were mad because the freebies stopped.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #99
Clocker

For some reason, Mary Landrieu thinks that a last minute Congressional approval of the Keystone Pipeline will help her win her run-off vote next month. It appears that after 6 years of stalling on the bill, Harry Reid is going to let it come to a vote.

It is not clear how this will help Landrieu, since her opponent is the sponsor of a similar bill in the House, which Boehner has said will be passed this week. Washington Post

Win-win? No. The White House indicates a probable veto of any such bill.

Quote:
While in Naypyitaw, Myanmar, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest explained to reporters that Obama had taken a “dim view” of Congress passing Keystone legislation.

"It’s fair to say that our dim view of these kinds of proposals has not changed,” he said.

"Evaluating those earlier proposals, we have indicated that the president’s senior advisers at the White House have recommended that he veto legislation like that and that has continued to be our position,” Earnest said.
Looks like dear Mary has outlived her usefulness to the administration.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #100
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
MANCHIN FOR PRESIDENT!!! Manchin is one of the few in Washington, that believes in doing his job. I have watched a lot of interviews with him and he seems like a really decent guy. He is one Democrat that I could vote for.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #101
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This argument about a low voter turnout is pathetic. It is too absurd to even discuss.

America rejected the liberal BS resoundingly.
Those who did not vote were mad because the freebies stopped.
Maybe the Libs need to get a new logo:

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #102
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
MANCHIN FOR PRESIDENT!!! Manchin is one of the few in Washington, that believes in doing his job. I have watched a lot of interviews with him and he seems like a really decent guy. He is one Democrat that I could vote for.
Joe Manchin not only voted against repealing Obama Care, he also voted against denying Obama Care rights to illegal invaders. Manchin also voted against repealing tax increases on catastrophic medical expenses. All votes deemed Democrat/liberal votes.

And, he is a big gun control advocate, despite once appearing in a lie-filled commercial showing him shooting a rifle while taking dead aim on a then-current Cap and Trade bill. A liberal lie, that commercial was.

But, he's no gun loving devotee of our basic Constitutional rights: during the gun control debate he also voted against an amendment that would have required a judicial ruling to determine if a veteran is dangerous before he is banned from buying guns. A very liberal vote.

As a conservative, I don't personally buy a single story about Manchin ... although I do believe he might vote with the GOP and later run as a Republican in his 2016 re-election bid. He is a typical, lying liberal who thinks people are too stupid to know any better.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #103
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Joe Manchin not only voted against repealing Obama Care, he also voted against denying Obama Care rights to illegal invaders. Manchin also voted against repealing tax increases on catastrophic medical expenses. All votes deemed Democrat/liberal votes.

And, he is a big gun control advocate, despite once appearing in a lie-filled commercial showing him shooting a rifle while taking dead aim on a then-current Cap and Trade bill. A liberal lie, that commercial was.

But, he's no gun loving devotee of our basic Constitutional rights: during the gun control debate he also voted against an amendment that would have required a judicial ruling to determine if a veteran is dangerous before he is banned from buying guns. A very liberal vote.

As a conservative, I don't personally buy a single story about Manchin ... although I do believe he might vote with the GOP and later run as a Republican in his 2016 re-election bid. He is a typical, lying liberal who thinks people are too stupid to know any better.
While I don't agree with everything he does, he is the 2nd most bi-partisan Senator. He has co-sponsored a number of bills with Republicans. He votes with the Republicans often enough to piss off the Democrats. Even when he is against a bill, he gives very logical reasons as to why he's against it. That doesn't mean that I agree with his reasons, but at least can present his case without arguing or shouting. I agree with him as much as I do some Republicans. Just because someone has a 'D' after their name, doesn't mean they are bad people, or can't have good ideas every once in a while. It's the ones that argue and shout, and 'THINK' they are always right(like some on this board), that I can't stomach.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #104
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
While I don't agree with everything he does, he is the 2nd most bi-partisan Senator. He has co-sponsored a number of bills with Republicans. He votes with the Republicans often enough to piss off the Democrats. Even when he is against a bill, he gives very logical reasons as to why he's against it. That doesn't mean that I agree with his reasons, but at least can present his case without arguing or shouting. I agree with him as much as I do some Republicans. Just because someone has a 'D' after their name, doesn't mean they are bad people, or can't have good ideas every once in a while. It's the ones that argue and shout, and 'THINK' they are always right(like some on this board), that I can't stomach.
I agree that just because a person has a 'D' after their name, it doesn't mean that they are bad people. I just haven't met many that are any good, that's all.

There are certain times in an elected official's career where their vote does truly matter, and it should be made regardless if a person is a 'D' or an 'R'.

Destroying individual sovereign rights bestowed on its citizens by the U.S, Constitution by Manchin's votes per Obama Care, Cap and Trade, and Gun Control, are votes that should never be forgotten by citizens and patriots alike.

Voting with the GOP on less important issues than the ones I mentioned doesn't cut muster with me, Dartman, to be honest.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #105
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
Maybe the Libs need to get a new logo:

A very interesting post of yours, what is problematic with that is they can't hold off hyperinflation forever. Everyone has a skew looking forward to the 2016 election, our problems will not go away and will be a much tougher challenge.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply