Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Harmonicaslim

Sprints-Only-Sprints

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the developer of the Sprints Only Sprints software? I only new him as Sam (never new last name). We used to correspond regulary, but I just get bounce backs for the e-mail address I have.

Thanks,

Slim
Harmonicaslim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonicaslim
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the developer of the Sprints Only Sprints software? I only new him as Sam (never new last name). We used to correspond regulary, but I just get bounce backs for the e-mail address I have.

Thanks,

Slim
I know it was merchandised by SMERT Software Inc. and I have tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with them. I have SOS, and another program they did, called WINNING MOVES. Let me know if you have any luck.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
HPFridays

Slim,

My last correspondence with Sam was April 2006 at mspinc@att.net, but that's likely the same address you're trying. SOS turned out to be a very good, inexpensive program that I still use regularly for sprints.
HPFridays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
hjr1809

Version 2 or 3?

For those of you that have SOS, what version are you using? I have version 2, I know Sam came out with version 3 which I have been unable to get my hands on.
hjr1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
HPFridays

Version 2 here.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
dartman51

Mine is version 2 also.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
Harmonicaslim

He did have a 3.0 available for awhile. I like it a lot and use it at CT for 4 and 1/2 furlongs regularly. It hasn't made me rich, but I have caught some nice winners that I otherwise wouldn't have and I'm at about 1.07 so far this year.

That's actually why I was trying to contact him, to tell him that it's still working fine (I was one of his unofficial testers). Another member of PA PMd me with another email address, but that didn't work either. He's a kind, helpful and honest guy. Hope he's okay.

Slim
Harmonicaslim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
cardinalsfan

Were you ever able to get hold of the developer of Sprints Only Sprints? Went to use mine today and my computer crashed. Looks like I have lost the program and can not find the original disk. Please let me know. Also, if anyone else can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
HPFridays

I emailed smertsoftware@verizon.net late in 2010 and was told S.O.S. was now marketed by MSP Inc. I had no luck in locating the MSP Inc company that Matt@Smertsoftware was referring to.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
John

The last time I talked with Sam. He told me he had given up horses and was writing a book on "Terroism"

I too tested his SOS with Maxspa.Our work end up in the minus

Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4022
I understand one person even stated that I died and my estate sold the SOS software of which I don’t have any original or backups thanks to our friend hurricane Sandy.
They did? I don't see any evidence of that, unless it was deleted and I just don't remember it...regardless, welcome aboard...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
They did? I don't see any evidence of that, unless it was deleted and I just don't remember it...regardless, welcome aboard...
I see where the mistaken claim of Sam's demise was posted in another thread last year. Anyway, glad to hear Sam is alive and well and now a member of this forum.

If anyone is wondering why his posts here were removed, Sam requested that they be removed himself, as he meant for his comments to be sent privately to two other forum members...no harm no foul...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
kingfin66
Bombardier

Hey, I remember this program. I actually purchased a copy of it years ago. The label says "Modern Sales and Publishing." I have version 2.0. I may have to reinstall it as I totally forgot what it is like! Glad to see its developer is alive and well.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply