Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:46 PM   #5656
oughtoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Selling anything on the internet isn't all fun n games, no matter how nice you try to be. This clown inquired about Platinum--then sent me emails telling me how great Quickhorse and Bet Mix are. Evidently he wanted to discuss these programs with me.

Here was my response (verbatim):

"I sell a program that competes with Quickhorse & Betmix--I've never had anyone sending testimonials on competing programs. What are you expecting from me? Why would you think I would want to discuss them? If Quickhorse is still giving out free Bris or Equibase PP's...he will soon be shut down (check the software area of PaceAdvantage). I thought he was already closed down.
I was a Betmix user for appx 6 months, 3 or 4 years ago. I liked the program, just never made a dime with it.

Thanks, but I don't care to discuss other programs.

Good luck,

-Greg"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
His reply I just received:

"I approached you just as I had many others that offer similar handicappjng products and none of them ever had the poor attitude like yourself.
They all were glad to offer their tips & opinions as to both what they had to offer & were interested in what the rest of the world was doing.

I explained what I have been doing for some time and needed some more input before purchasing your software since it required buying a lot of data if I wished to experiment from the beginning. Thats why I inquired about some of your more desireable tracks & some tips in advance to avoid buying data for nothing. I was ready to jump in with both feet & buy 2 or 3 or your programs as they looked interesting.

Since you are such an arrogant asshole, I can take on the same attitude.
So, point blank, **** you and your software!
No need to reply as I know your getting my emails and we don't need each other anyway..."

Nice guy, huh?
You can do without people like this. For someone that would say that to someone that gives so much of himself on this forum, giving picks and helping people is ridiculous. You are so helpful to people about your products. There are a lot of people on here that appreciate you.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:29 PM   #5657
sharkey11

ill second that
Old 11-01-2019, 12:23 AM   #5658
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Thanks guys....

Here's the BREEDER'S CUP consensus from BEST-5, for your perusal:

Old 11-01-2019, 07:32 AM   #5659
Vinnie

Greg is a "total class act" that would literally give you the shirt off his back to help you out if he was able.

Have a great weekend, keep on trucking and continue to do what you do Nor Cal.....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 11-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #5660
Spinner

Quote:
Selling anything on the internet isn't all fun n games, no matter how nice you try to be. This clown inquired about Platinum--then sent me emails telling me how great Quickhorse and Bet Mix are. Evidently he wanted to discuss these programs with me.

Here was my response (verbatim):

"I sell a program that competes with Quickhorse & Betmix--I've never had anyone sending testimonials on competing programs. What are you expecting from me? Why would you think I would want to discuss them? If Quickhorse is still giving out free Bris or Equibase PP's...he will soon be shut down (check the software area of PaceAdvantage). I thought he was already closed down.
I was a Betmix user for appx 6 months, 3 or 4 years ago. I liked the program, just never made a dime with it.

Thanks, but I don't care to discuss other programs.

Good luck,

-Greg"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
His reply I just received:

"I approached you just as I had many others that offer similar handicappjng products and none of them ever had the poor attitude like yourself.
They all were glad to offer their tips & opinions as to both what they had to offer & were interested in what the rest of the world was doing.

I explained what I have been doing for some time and needed some more input before purchasing your software since it required buying a lot of data if I wished to experiment from the beginning. Thats why I inquired about some of your more desireable tracks & some tips in advance to avoid buying data for nothing. I was ready to jump in with both feet & buy 2 or 3 or your programs as they looked interesting.

Since you are such an arrogant asshole, I can take on the same attitude.
So, point blank, **** you and your software!
No need to reply as I know your getting my emails and we don't need each other anyway..."

Nice guy, huh?
What a Jack*ss. You have been very hrlpful to me and patient I might add LOL
Old 11-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #5661
Spinner

Any tracks near Orlando?

I am travelling to Orlando for vacation next week and wondered if there are any tracks within about 1 hour of Orlando.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #5662
Spinner

Quote:
Yeah, GOLIGHTLY looks good. As I was looking at the others--happened to notice SWEET DANCER @ 15-1. This is her 4th race in Oct...look at her last races. She went from a 10.8K purse at almost 60-1--finished 2nd, next bumped up to $19K, going off at 5/2. Did nothing, next in for 14K--nada again at 50-1. Back in 7 days today at her lowest purse again...the only question is if her connections can get the job done, and haven't overestimated this horse.

I'll risk a few dollars at what should be a good price (unless the stable drops a ton of money)

*BTW: Hope you all know - all you have to do is double-click on any horse to get his pp's.
Go Lightly won it but only paid 2/1 so I would not have bet him.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #5663
sharkey11

nothing live for thoros snaford kennel club has simlcast or daytona beach kennel club both have simlcasts an live dogs if you like them
Old 11-01-2019, 10:58 AM   #5664
Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
nothing live for thoros snaford kennel club has simlcast or daytona beach kennel club both have simlcasts an live dogs if you like them
Ok thanks Sharkey.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #5665
Spinner

Delta Downs Race 3

What do you guys think of this race. I am thinking #1 Our Bermuda or #9 Reluctant if the price is right. I have eliminated #5 Shae's Day as he hasn't run in 202 days.

Attached Images
File Type: png DED 11 01 Race 3.PNG (33.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #5666
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

DELTA 3RD

I would just pass this race, honestly. There are 6 of 9 maidens with 5 Quirin pts, or more. Pretty fast race shape. Even so, I don't see any dominant closers, so if you put a gun to my head I would have to go with the layoff horse SHAE'S DAY.

He's been working out regularly--also, his trainer knows what to do with horses coming off a layoff. Also of note is the raise in class. This doesn't appear to be a public workout--but a serious win try.

-NCG
Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #5667
Spinner

Quote:
I would just pass this race, honestly. There are 6 of 9 maidens with 5 Quirin pts, or more. Pretty fast race shape. Even so, I don't see any dominant closers, so if you put a gun to my head I would have to go with the layoff horse SHAE'S DAY.

He's been working out regularly--also, his trainer knows what to do with horses coming off a layoff. Also of note is the raise in class. This doesn't appear to be a public workout--but a serious win try.

-NCG
Man I wish I had your experience. Shea's Day won it by a big margin at 3/5
Old 11-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #5668
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

*The 7th race @ Turf Paradise is one tough race to figure. Any of 5 or 6 could win it--but I'll go with top power STAR SUNDAE @ 15-1 ML. His numbers are competitive...and top rider Gary Stevens is back for the re-ride for trainer Jeff Metz.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #5669
BarchCapper

Quote:

*The 7th race @ Turf Paradise is one tough race to figure. Any of 5 or 6 could win it--but I'll go with top power STAR SUNDAE @ 15-1 ML. His numbers are competitive...and top rider Gary Stevens is back for the re-ride for trainer Jeff Metz.

If Gary is coming back to ride this one I’m VERY interested, but I think it’s older brother Scott.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #5670
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Guess I was a little scatter-brained trying to figure this one out
Closed Thread