Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #16
trying2win

Greyhound Racing

Here's some more info for anyone interested in greyhound racing:

1. GREYHOUND RACING FREE, LIVE VIDEO LINKS

http://www.onlineracing.tv/

http://www.dairylandgreyhoundpark.c...acing/video.htm

http://www.hollywoodgreyhound.com/live_video.html

http://www.jaxkennel.com/liveracing.asp

http://www.pbkennelclub.com/liveracing.asp

http://www.tucdogtrak.com/

2. GREYHOUND RACING TOTEBOARD (For several tracks)

http://www.livegreyhoundodds.com/

3. GREYHOUND BETTING SITES (These are just a couple that I know of. There are possibly a lot more)

www.ctotb.com

www.racebook.com

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 07-04-2006 at 11:46 PM.
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #17
trying2win

More On Greyhound Racing

GREYHOUND RACING FREE PROGRAMS AND RESULTS are usually available at each Greyhound track's website. I believe some GREYHOUND FREE PROGRAMS AND RESULTS are only available at www.rosnet2000.com ....At this latter website, you have to sign up for a free membership first.

T2W
Old 07-05-2006, 04:08 AM   #18
traynor

greyhound racing

The format used by Rosnet2000 is standard, same for most tracks, and generally more dependable than www.greyhounds.com. Rosnet does not cover a number of tracks that are quite profitable for wagering. Several shareware, freeware, or very low-cost applications parse the text files from Rosnet to "automate" data entry. The http://www.paydog.com/ site is sanctioned by the Racing Commission of Oregon, and is relatively stable.
Good Luck
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #19
wes

HotTrackTips.com

This is a greyhound betting tips & analysis for about 20 tracks. Also a hottrack tips spreadsheet for viewing the text file download. Cost is $19.95 per month. The tip sheet prints out two or three races per sheet.

Posted for information only have no connection with HotTrackTips.com

wes
wes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #20
traynor

tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes
HotTrackTips.com
This is a greyhound betting tips & analysis for about 20 tracks. Also a hottrack tips spreadsheet for viewing the text file download. Cost is $19.95 per month. The tip sheet prints out two or three races per sheet.
Posted for information only have no connection with HotTrackTips.com
wes
The problem is essentially the same as for thoroughbred and harness "selections." They put together an algorithm that picks some chalk, then "automate" the app to churn out page after page of "selections" that generally replicate the program selections at the track. For $19.95, if you just want numbers to bet on, throw darts. You will probably get more winners at better prices. The same thing goes for the cheapo harness and thoroughbred "subscriptions" that give you "ratings" for every horse at every track every day--no human has looked at the data in weeks, or possibly months. And then only when the app breaks.

In this field, as in almost no other, the saying that "you get what you pay for" is true. That doesn't mean that pricey ratings are necessarily better--it means that unless a human analyst is doing something every day, all you get is computerized drivel. And any selections that involve actual analysis, rather than "data processing" cost a whole lot more than $19.95 a month.

The upside, of course, is that they are worth it.
Good Luck
Old 07-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #21
hjr1809

Load and Go Greyhounds

Has anyone ever used software from this website. http://www.geocities.com/pender_noriega/index.html
hjr1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #22
sq764
EIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyplayr
Does any one know of a greyhound handicapping software?
I would like to play the dogs in between thoroughbred races.
The one time I played greyhounds when we were in Connecticut last year, I used Quick dog.. Pretty easy to use and not a bad program overall.. And free trial was nice :-)

I ended up going to the live greyhound races up there.. Hit a little super and it was a good time/
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjr1809
Has anyone ever used software from this website. http://www.geocities.com/pender_noriega/index.html
$500 for the software....Don't think so!
Ponyplayr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #24
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq764
The one time I played greyhounds when we were in Connecticut last year, I used Quick dog.. Pretty easy to use and not a bad program overall.. And free trial was nice :-)

I ended up going to the live greyhound races up there.. Hit a little super and it was a good time/
I have been watching them race at the Palm Beach Kennel Club for about a year now and they are fun to watch.
With so many Thoroughbreds races having only 5-6 horses in them it's hardly worth the effort to handicap them. I thought I would add a few dog plays and see if I could boost my earnings. So far so good.
Still learning and trying out different software's..DogOne is the one I am playing with now but I intend to give the others mentioned on this thread a shot as well.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
traynor

greyhounds

The big issue is not the cost of the software, or even the ease of downloading race data. It is "What does it do?" In most cases, you can gain a considerable advantage with a pocket calculator; skip M, D, C, and B races, bet only A and AA, and average final time of the best two of the last four races. Period.

It won't give you plays in every race, but it will pick a substantial number of winners, often at decent prices at tracks where "class" is overbet (greyhounds going up in class are routinely dismissed as "outclassed" at the higher grade).

"Handicapping software" usually doesn't do much more--there are a number of class rating and speed rating formulas that are almost universally used, and all are based on the same basic arithmetic operations performed on the last half dozen or so races.

Shoreline Star is one of the most profitable greyhound tracks in the country, followed closely by Plainfield.
Good Luck at the Greyhounds
Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #26
Ponyplayr

I just downloaded Quick Dog..Looks OK. A few quick questions.

What is the Knife method? Morgan method? If you purchase the software do you get a manual?
TIA
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #27
incoming

manual is located here quickreckoning.com/qdoug.htm
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #28
lefthandlow

dog racing

Plainflied is CLOSED been so for years!!!

i used penders 1st program stay away it was written

in gwbasic i think in 1992 it was on a 5inch disk.NG stay away

i was a dog player but the pools are now so small you have to bet a quinella or tri or super.Lincoln pays the owners the best cuz they have slots but the pools are still a joke..LL
lefthandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #29
trying2win

Track takeouts on the greyhound races

How do the track takeouts on the greyhounds, compare with those on the thoroughbreds? Generally higher?... Generally the same...or Generally lower?

Thanks,

T2W
Old 07-14-2006, 03:18 AM   #30
traynor

plainfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandlow
Plainflied is CLOSED been so for years!!!

i used penders 1st program stay away it was written

in gwbasic i think in 1992 it was on a 5inch disk.NG stay away

i was a dog player but the pools are now so small you have to bet a quinella or tri or super.Lincoln pays the owners the best cuz they have slots but the pools are still a joke..LL
I just checked Gordon's Pico site, and he still lists Plainfield as a file option. Has it really been closed that long? I thought it was being simulcast to Phoenix fairly recently, but I could be wrong. Lincoln is OK, but really small mutuel pools. Pender Noriega is still selling the same application?