Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #76
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Having had my car totaled by a tailgater last year, I have zero tolerance.
If you get close to my rear end, I drop down to 15 mph and stay there.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #77
Grits

The word, anyways.

Cheapskates (by preference)
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #78
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

As long as we are talking "Correct use of English";

Substituting YOUR for the contraction YOU'RE and VS VS.

I see it all the time.

Someone types, "I think YOUR correct." Really? You Are? As in YOU'RE perhaps?

And I've seen the opposite.

"What's You're opinion?" Really? What is You Are Opinion? My opinion is your English needs a brush up because you're using YOUR and YOU'RE incorrectly.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #79
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Sorry, but this may be safe driving depending on their speed. The old rule that I learned long, long ago is that for every 10 mph speed the correct distance is one car length behind. Thus at 40 mph 4 car lengths behind is correct, at 60 mph, 6 lengths behind, etc. I detest tailgaters, and when one becomes overly aggressive I will usually take steps to annoy him even more. On my side, have never rear ended another vehicle, for the simple reason that I do not tailgate and keep a proper distance.
I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I have been driving for over 22 years. My average speed is 70 (in NYC). I am neither too aggressive nor dangerous. My simple defensive driving philosophy is this.... if I am passing everyone ALL the time, I will never be in an accident unless I hit someone from behind (and that will never happen quite frankly because I don't take chances). I have never ever been in an accident and I am completely smug about it. why? Because I am that damn good (while super efficient).

I tailgate sometimes.... when do I? When the jerkoff in front of me (in a fast lane, never the slower lane) is A) completely brain dead and doesn't understand the rules of the road B) is ignorant and doesn't understand the rules of the road C) purposely goes slow or doesn't pass cars while they are in the passing lane and you guessed it.... doesn't understand or RESPECT the rules of the road.

I've counted....i've driven over 330,000 miles. All of those miles were smooth (no choppy stop and starts, not weaving like a psycho etc.) Not one fender bender (stating this for legitimacy purposes) but you don't need 6 car spaces while you go 60. You need reflexes, a brain, RESPECT for the rules of the road and in the event that I am tailgating a jerk off in the left lane, I am still ready to completely stop if the jerk off decides to come to a complete stop in 2 seconds.

New Jersey was an awesome state for allowing their cops to pull people over for DRIVING TOO slow in the left lane and for not passing while occupying the left lane.

I hate people who say : (insert screechy stupid voice here) i'm going 55 in a 55. Why is this guy up my ass? ( as they mosey posey their way in the left lane)

Rant over
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #80
tucker6

People that write emails and cards and substitute "you" with a "u". I'm not on twitter folks. If I wanted to decipher your jargon, I'd get on twitter.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #81
OntheRail

People who eat items while in the store.

People who don't understand Yield means them... not everyone will give way for them.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #82
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail

People who don't understand Yield means them... not everyone will give way for them.
I saw this recently at the food bar, guy was digging his grubby hands in there and just sampling the stuff like he owned the place.

Totally gross.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #83
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
No doubt, i HATE the tailgaiter stuff, if someone is riding my ass, i slow down until they go around me, i'm not putting up with that nonsense.

Btw, how are you feeling these days from the accident, give us an update if you don't mind. ?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 02:30 AM   #84
Dahoss2002

Slow horses......Older women.... no money ......
http://youtu.be/vnvMcX95G20

Last edited by Dahoss2002; 06-22-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2014, 03:50 AM   #85
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I have plenty.
  • Restaurants that serve soft drinks that have gone flat, i.e., no fizz. Lately every single restaurant I've gone to has been guilty of it. Back in the day some restaurants would bring you a chilled, still sealed bottle and a chilled glass of ice. I think the problem is that they are trying to save money by not loading the machine with enough CO2.
  • Bills where the perf and the fold in the paper are about one millimeter apart. Minor thing but it drives me nuts.
  • Bills that advise "allow ten days for your payment to be posted" but which arrive in the mail with only seven days to go. Adding insult to injury the bill is dated the 5th of the month but arrives on the 18th, meaning the date is either a lie or the bill hung around their mail room for two weeks.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #86
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
New Jersey was an awesome state for allowing their cops to pull people over for DRIVING TOO slow in the left lane and for not passing while occupying the left lane.
Where the hell are these cops? They're not on 3, 95, or 287 doing that. I wish I could see that happen. They are usually pulling trucks over by Exit 11 on 95-S.

I spend 90% of the time in the left lane when I drive, except when there's heavy traffic, then I go into the right/exit-enter lane as it seems to have more movement when there's volume.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #87
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail

This happens quite often when I am entering 287-S from Exit 10.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #88
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
A few months ago I had the same thing happen to me on 95-S near exit 15. I was going 75-80 in the passing lane but there was some volume. I see a car tailgaiting me and I'm like no way am I pushing it with this many cars around. I couldn't even get into the middle lane to let him go by, but the tailgaiter was still insistent on giving me some sort of colonoscopy. I started to drift down to 70 and then ..... That same car tailgating me flashed on his hidden lights. I thought I was caught for speeding because then I when up to 85 to get into a gap two cars in front. But I got lucky as that car just zipped by me.

Last night I was doing 80 on 95-N and this motorcycle zipped right by me. It must have been doing at least 110.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #89
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
No doubt, i HATE the tailgaiter stuff, if someone is riding my ass, i slow down until they go around me, i'm not putting up with that nonsense.

Btw, how are you feeling these days from the accident, give us an update if you don't mind. ?
I'm fine. Nothing really but a bit sore the next few days.
The voices in my head are getting quieter, and the ringing goes away after an hour or so now. Colors ar coming back slowly - got reds and greens now.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #90
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
Where the hell are these cops? They're not on 3, 95, or 287 doing that. I wish I could see that happen. They are usually pulling trucks over by Exit 11 on 95-S.

I spend 90% of the time in the left lane when I drive, except when there's heavy traffic, then I go into the right/exit-enter lane as it seems to have more movement when there's volume.
Sadly those cops are probably too busy finding other violations instead of that classic rule which is ignored

I sadly spend most of my time zigging and zagging (safely and courteously) through the middle and right lanes (non passing lanes unfortunately) because those NASCAR (sarcastic) drivers in the passing (left) lane are too busy creating traffic.

Only once in a while do I purposely ride someone's ass in the left lane. I do it to slowly educate 1 idiot at a time that they shouldn't be in that lane and that they are being disrespectful to other drivers.

Sadly very rarely do they learn and move over. I've realized they do it on purpose. Probably because they are failures in other aspects of life and this is one way to overcompensate for those failures (by making others wait and get angry behind their stupid asses).

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-22-2014 at 10:43 AM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply