Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-29-2022, 10:10 PM   #1
Rollingpk3

Twinspires leaving NH

Doesn't impact me too much but i have some good friends who are frequent players and rely on the free brisnet data. Never a good thing for anyone.

email from TS below:

TwinSpires has elected to cease operation of its Advance Deposit Wagering Platform for Horse Racing in the state of New Hampshire.

TwinSpires will take wagers from New Hampshire residents on races conducted through November 5th, including the upcoming world championships on November 4th and 5th.

Wagering will be suspended on November 6th, and Players will have until November 21st to withdraw funds from their account.
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2022, 11:41 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Live Free or Die.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingpk3 View Post
Doesn't impact me too much but i have some good friends who are frequent players and rely on the free brisnet data. Never a good thing for anyone.

email from TS below:

TwinSpires has elected to cease operation of its Advance Deposit Wagering Platform for Horse Racing in the state of New Hampshire.

TwinSpires will take wagers from New Hampshire residents on races conducted through November 5th, including the upcoming world championships on November 4th and 5th.

Wagering will be suspended on November 6th, and Players will have until November 21st to withdraw funds from their account.
This action traces back to a mid-April 2022 investigation by the New Hampshire Lottery Commission contending that Twin Spires and CDI were illegally operating in the state. The New Hampshire Lottery Commission claimed that Twin Spires was an unregulated platform while CDI contested that claim under the interstate horse racing act.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 07:51 AM   #4
westernmassbob

So what is the difference using the TVG app since that is still available? What does NH Lottery think that all these horse players are just going to run out and buy scratch tickets now ? Even with sports betting they don’t seem to want to maximize opportunities. They have a tiny brick and mortar footprint in the state.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 10:01 AM   #5
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
So what is the difference using the TVG app since that is still available? What does NH Lottery think that all these horse players are just going to run out and buy scratch tickets now ? Even with sports betting they don’t seem to want to maximize opportunities. They have a tiny brick and mortar footprint in the state.
The New Hampshire Lottery Commission licenses all gambling operations in the state. TVG is licensed; Twin Spires was not. Do not conflate the term lottery with only scratch-off tickets as it applies to how New Hampshire's regulatory body is structured.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 10:53 AM   #6
BarchCapper

Always intrigued by these regulatory issues with ADWs and who can operate where. Here in Arkansas, I use our in-state TwinSpires shell (OaklawnAnywhere), TVG, NYRABets, and DRFBets. I am fairly certain I could also sign up for a TwinSpires account, and maybe a couple of others if I had any interest (which would likely be based on promos).

I've been interested in AmWager, but they are not legal in my state - for what reason, I don't know. (Not really interested in the tools - which can be used by anyone just by signing up - without the wagering capability.)

AmWager's website shows no restrictions for New Hampshire, yet doesn't list New Hampshire as one of the states where they are separately licensed. This TwinSpires issue makes it sound like AmWager WOULD need to be separately licensed. Hmm.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #7
lamboguy

what took them so long? i left New Hampshire 30 years ago!

New Hamshire got to be the most dumbest and backward state than the other 49 of them put together.

they gave Hinsdale a license to accept horse wagering, some real rotten apples from that place. and what do they do? they take down people with wagering accounts and fleece them out of their money. my story with Hinsdale was Sullivan called me a 2 weeks before they declared bankruptcy and offered me a 10% rebate on NYRA win bets as long as i come up there and deposit $20,000 in an account. i even said to Sullivan that you are out to get me, there is no way you can give me that much of a rebate and not lose money on it. so i didn't go for his story. he screwed the people out of their money and New Hampshire did nothing.

now they want to bust the balls of a great profitable company that never beat any gambler out of their cash. good for them for pulling out of that shit state.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #8
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

New Hamshire got to be the most dumbest and backward state than the other 49 of them put together.
"Hold my beer."
-Florida
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 03:20 AM   #9
proximity

Quote:

they gave Hinsdale a license to accept horse wagering, some real rotten apples from that place. and what do they do? they take down people with wagering accounts and fleece them out of their money. my story with Hinsdale was Sullivan called me a 2 weeks before they declared bankruptcy and offered me a 10% rebate on NYRA win bets as long as i come up there and deposit $20,000 in an account. i even said to Sullivan that you are out to get me, there is no way you can give me that much of a rebate and not lose money on it. so i didn't go for his story. he screwed the people out of their money and New Hampshire did nothing.

now they want to bust the balls of a great profitable company that never beat any gambler out of their cash. good for them for pulling out of that shit state.

mike gill "state of corruption nh" has also spent years saying this place is corrupt!!

proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 07:01 AM   #10
westernmassbob

Quote:

I remember this quite well and following the story of the bankruptcy. Bettors who had won money that was taxable were listed as “ creditors” can you believe that ? They had to settle on an amount and actually return some of their winnings! One guy won like 17k on a Belmont race , had to hire a lawyer (4K) and the settle on a percentage. I still find it the craziest story ever regarding gambling.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 08:20 AM   #11
proximity

iirc they owed beyer more than $20,000 and another player over $100,000?
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #12
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
iirc they owed beyer more than $20,000 and another player over $100,000?
he must have offered those guys the same deal as me. Sullivan wanted me to put up $20,000. he didn't get me for a quarter. he had called me 2 days before he filed. real nice fella huh!
Old 10-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #13
lamboguy

the real thing that irritates me now on this story is that they jerk Twinspires around, who happens to be GOOD PEOPLE. and they still deal with other lowlifes.

i like all the adw's today. for what they do, they are working on very slim margins.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:36 PM   #14
Rollingpk3

Looks like Keeneland Select betting site uses the Twinspires platforms and is staying available in the state so that is a good option. Same brisnet deals as Twinspires as well.
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #15
Gorrex

Basically ADW does not need a license in NH they have no laws or rules around it and have no operating tracks, which I believe (I'm not a lawyer by any means) then becomes covered under the IHA and multi-jurisdictional licenses.

However, CDI is entering the market for "charity gaming" and that sector in NH is attempting to legalize HHR machines. Thus they need to be a little more politically correct while going for that.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: