Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2022, 02:52 PM   #16
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Great analogy.

Funny, unemployment went up? How do you explain that away
I will say this, in Arizona I am seeing much higher candidate response from our web based ads. It is not close to where it was but it was miserable up until about the last two months.

Perhaps the easy money is running dry.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 09-02-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Yes that is me. Here is what I am seeing in So Cal/LA area

CNC Operator, no programming: $26 minimum

CNC Programmers: $30 to $45

Remember, companies pay anywhere from 45%-55% on top of those pay rates stated to use our services.

Companies that hire on their own will pay around 20% above those pay rates.

I work with the leading Laser Punch Press manufacturer and these impressive machines cost anywhere from 1 million to 3.5 million when complete. CNC machining is one of the departments, they pay a 52% markup on top of the pay rate but tend to be on the lower end of these pay rates.

Thanks for the info, the stagnation isn't as bad as I thought, if I put my wage in an inflation calculator it comes out at $56 and change an hour. I am assuming jobs in the high end of your wage ranges aren't that plentiful. The last time I was in touch with a worker from that area was a guy working at ITT Canon in Santa Ana. Probably about a half dozen years ago, top labor grade for a production machinist was $30. He was a good friend and was going to move east when he retired at 58, he died of a heat attack 90 days before he was going to retire and move. His son was my first employee.

I never laid a hand on a $1 million dollar machine, the machines would probably cost $500,000 today at most for what I used to program.

The last job I had before becoming self employed used staffing services,
the owner did not have the best business morals but made great money.
He made cash payments to purchasing agents and used the staffing service as protection from getting in trouble for hiring illegals. You knew who the people that worked for the agency were because they didn't get a

paycheck from the company.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 05:36 PM   #18
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
315,000 new jobs from fast food restaurants bringing their dining rooms back to full operating hours. .
Not even close to accurate. Here’s how the new jobs break down, with average hourly salaries.

Goods producing 45,000. $32.52
Mining and logging 7,000. $36.74
Construction. 16,000. $34.77
Manufacturing. 22,000. $30.95
Durable goods. 19,000. $32.51
Non Durable Goods. 3,000. $28.32.
Wholesale Trade. 15,100. $35.20
Retail trade. 44,000. $23.04
Transportation and Warehousing. 4,800. $28.10
Utilities. 600. $47.16
Information. 7,000. $46.95
Financial Activities. 17,000. $41.59
Professional and Business Services. 68,000. $38.94
Education and health. 68,000. $32.04.
Leisure and Hospitality-I believe this is where you will find your fast food jobs-31,000. $20.30 (three times minimum wage.)

The data above comes from BLS.gov Tables B-2 and B-3.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #19
mostpost

Quote:
This is the same logic as pulling the plug on a 4000 gallon above ground pool then filling it back up and stating you gained 4000 gallons
That’s actually a really bad analogy, because when you refill that pool, that is four thousand gallons of new water in that pool; just like those are new jobs in the economy. It doesn’t matter that there was water in the pool before, just like it doesn’t matter that there were people doing those jobs before. Once that water is gone, it’s gone. Once those jobs are gone, they are gone.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:49 PM   #20
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
That’s actually a really bad analogy, because when you refill that pool, that is four thousand gallons of new water in that pool; just like those are new jobs in the economy. It doesn’t matter that there was water in the pool before, just like it doesn’t matter that there were people doing those jobs before. Once that water is gone, it’s gone. Once those jobs are gone, they are gone.
People in the Workforce...in all walks of life...are feeling the contraction of the Economy. If those People are in the Market for anything like a Car or Housing (to include Renting)...they feel it worse. What Planet do you live on to not realize this???

That's not Politics. That's REALITY.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Not even close to accurate. Here’s how the new jobs break down, with average hourly salaries.

Goods producing 45,000. $32.52
Mining and logging 7,000. $36.74
Construction. 16,000. $34.77
Manufacturing. 22,000. $30.95
Durable goods. 19,000. $32.51
Non Durable Goods. 3,000. $28.32.
Wholesale Trade. 15,100. $35.20
Retail trade. 44,000. $23.04
Transportation and Warehousing. 4,800. $28.10
Utilities. 600. $47.16
Information. 7,000. $46.95
Financial Activities. 17,000. $41.59
Professional and Business Services. 68,000. $38.94
Education and health. 68,000. $32.04.
Leisure and Hospitality-I believe this is where you will find your fast food jobs-31,000. $20.30 (three times minimum wage.)

The data above comes from BLS.gov Tables B-2 and B-3.

You take added jobs and then incorrectly assume they are added at the average wage for the industry. That is wrong, and who knows how they get the average anyway, where is that explained?

I tore apart a similar list you posted months ago. Let Cuffdaddy do it this time, and he even works in the staffing industry. So he is the local expert on the subject.

I will only do one, transportation and warehousing. Warehouse workers have to at least number close to drivers, whether they be long haul truckers, taxi drivers, guys with food and beverage routes, etc.

As for warehouse, who is bigger than Amazon? They start at $15, they went to $18 for starters and dropped back down to $15 where an ex-employee of mine works.

He is a supervisor, he has gotten two promotions, he makes $45k a year and puts in 50-60 hour weeks. Where is the $28.10 an hour?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 09-02-2022 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:15 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
People in the Workforce...in all walks of life...are feeling the contraction of the Economy. If those People are in the Market for anything like a Car or Housing (to include Renting)...they feel it worse. What Planet do you live on to not realize this???

He is the product of being a career mailman, and apartment dweller. They don't get exposed to much. He also believes everything a government agency or politician tells him, as long as they are run by democrats or are democrats.
He even parrots all of Lori Lighfoot's excuses for the homicide rate in Chicago,
what the hell does that tell you? He also claims genius level intelligence while

constantly posting misinformation, .
Old 09-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #23
Elkchester Road

Quote:
He is the product of being a career mailman, and apartment dweller. They don't get exposed to much. He also believes everything a government agency or politician tells him, as long as they are run by democrats or are democrats.
He even parrots all of Lori Lighfoot's excuses for the homicide rate in Chicago,
what the hell does that tell you? He also claims genius level intelligence while

constantly posting misinformation, .
Yes. He is "enlightened".
Old 09-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #24
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
As usual, you missed the important part about purposely draining the pool then taking credit for filling it back up.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #25
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post

This exactly^^ They can spout all the numbers and graphs they want but reality is just that.

Not sure why I even respond, it is useless.
Old 09-02-2022, 07:18 PM   #26
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
You're welcome.

You are a pro Machinist, you would have zero problem programming these Laser behemoths. They cut thru thick steel like butter and with extreme precision. Japanese company makes them.
Old 09-02-2022, 07:40 PM   #27
Zydeco

Quote:
Great analogy.

Funny, unemployment went up? How do you explain that away
Exactly, job growth was expected to be 500,000. It was 315,000 as Mosty said, and unemployment went up. Please reconcile the numbers Mosty.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 08:50 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
This exactly^^ They can spout all the numbers and graphs they want but reality is just that.

I appreciate your input.

I’m seeing the same, applicants are coming back slowly but surely.

We are in the 11-15 an hour range. I am one or 2 spots from being fully staffed and that’s the first time in 2 years
Old 09-02-2022, 09:22 PM   #29
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
I appreciate your input.

I’m seeing the same, applicants are coming back slowly but surely.

We are in the 11-15 an hour range. I am one or 2 spots from being fully staffed and that’s the first time in 2 years
That is good news, when candidates begin to become more plentiful in that pay range it is a positive barometer.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #30
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Cliffy's numbers are a joke. The numbers hired could be accurate but they aren't at the wage listed. Average construction worker $34.77 an hour. I doubt things have changed since I fled Southern California a dozen years ago. In the Riverside area a lot of contractors had a bi-lingual foreman that would drive by Home Depot and pick up illegals daily. Some of them actually had an area for them at the back of the parking lot.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: