Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-14-2022, 04:52 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Appreciate the sentiment Inner Dirt.

We were told the CHP will downplay seriousness as we had been in contact about her and my father being missing so family doesn't panic and rush to get to hospital, not sure how true that is

It was a long time ago, but my dad and step mom were CHP, and after that I knew plenty of police. They seem to prefer to be the bearer of bad news in person. What you say is absolutely true and I doubt that has changed. No need to compound the tragedy with someone distraught driving a car. Also hospitals have chaplains and mental health workers to help with people grieving.

As someone who has injured themselves more than my fair share,
one skull fracture, and two spinal cord injuries that broke vertebrae, you can feel ok after the initial trauma, but the swelling gets you and it is what happens a couple hours to a day later that really matter.

After getting mugged and a skull fracture I drove 120 miles from Hollywood Park to Hemet Ca, then went in a mini coma and was out for almost 72 hours.

My girlfriend who I lived with was spending a long weekend at her sister's and found me laying in bed. I was confused as hell I thought it was late Friday night, not Monday afternoon.

Auto wreck pushed spinal cord injury #2 over the edge. Double lower back fracture that was fixed by wearing an outside the body corset and metal fame when I was much younger. A not my fault almost head on totaled
my 1972 Chevelle restored by me in 1998. Ambulance driver looked at my car, I managed to crawl out the passenger side window, car was reduced to 1/2 width, and said I needed to be checked out at the hospital and told me to get on the gurney. I refused and said we will see how I feel in the morning. By the next morning the legs were like noodles and it was painful to stand up. I definitely regretted tiling the house I was rehabbing as I pretty much had to crawl everywhere, sitting or standing hurt like hell.

I had to have a double fusion of the lower spine, if anyone wants to call BS
I still have all the nuts and bolts they used as I had them removed. The only one here who ever called me a liar when I shared a personal experience was Cliffy and he either forgot or won't own it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 05:19 PM   #17
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
It was a long time ago, but my dad and step mom were CHP, and after that I knew plenty of police. They seem to prefer to be the bearer of bad news in person. What you say is absolutely true and I doubt that has changed. No need to compound the tragedy with someone distraught driving a car. Also hospitals have chaplains and mental health workers to help with people grieving.

As someone who has injured themselves more than my fair share,
one skull fracture, and two spinal cord injuries that broke vertebrae, you can feel ok after the initial trauma, but the swelling gets you and it is what happens a couple hours to a day later that really matter.

After getting mugged and a skull fracture I drove 120 miles from Hollywood Park to Hemet Ca, then went in a mini coma and was out for almost 72 hours.

My girlfriend who I lived with was spending a long weekend at her sister's and found me laying in bed. I was confused as hell I thought it was late Friday night, not Monday afternoon.

Auto wreck pushed spinal cord injury #2 over the edge. Double lower back fracture that was fixed by wearing an outside the body corset and metal fame when I was much younger. A not my fault almost head on totaled
my 1972 Chevelle restored by me in 1998. Ambulance driver looked at my car, I managed to crawl out the passenger side window, car was reduced to 1/2 width, and said I needed to be checked out at the hospital and told me to get on the gurney. I refused and said we will see how I feel in the morning. By the next morning the legs were like noodles and it was painful to stand up. I definitely regretted tiling the house I was rehabbing as I pretty much had to crawl everywhere, sitting or standing hurt like hell.

I had to have a double fusion of the lower spine, if anyone wants to call BS
I still have all the nuts and bolts they used as I had them removed. The only one here who ever called me a liar when I shared a personal experience was Cliffy and he either forgot or won't own it.
That is lots of trauma to go thru and see why your battling now.

Love the Chevelle by the way, I had one lined up via Auto Trader back in the day but dad vetoed that purchase.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
That is lots of trauma to go thru and see why your battling now.

Love the Chevelle by the way, I had one lined up via Auto Trader back in the day but dad vetoed that purchase.

My battle is not being able to get help for the pain I suffer from and the muscle spasms, due to all the gutter trash that have abused pain meds and muscle relaxers. There are people like me that need that stuff to lead a normal life, but it is no longer available to me. For what has happened to me, I am very lucky to walk upright, I wish I could turn back the clock where doctors would prescribe meds to help, but they won't. What I have shared isn't all of it.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:21 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My battle is not being able to get help for the pain I suffer from and the muscle spasms, due to all the gutter trash that have abused pain meds and muscle relaxers. There are people like me that need that stuff to lead a normal life, but it is no longer available to me.
Why? It's not like they've outlawed the stuff. It's WAY MORE regulated these days, of course.

But I know someone who gets what I assume you're talking about (Oxy, etc) for nerve damage in their leg from a pain management clinic.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why? It's not like they've outlawed the stuff. It's WAY MORE regulated these days, of course.

But I know someone who gets what I assume you're talking about (Oxy, etc) for nerve damage in their leg from a pain management clinic.

They are lucky, that is rare. When I bring it up I get talked down to, in spite of them knowing how screwed up I am. The previous doctor I had lost his license for prescribing pain meds. I think it is a state thing, the lady who manages the local country store drives out of state to Pennsylvania to get pain meds. My neighbor had a knee replaced and needs another, they make him go to the doctor every week to get 10 5mg OXY. Maybe it is my attitude as I have tried everything but acupuncture, physical therapy is like physical torture to me.
Old 08-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, my friend has to go every month and pee in a cup to make sure they are taking the meds...and not selling them, I suppose is the rationale. (also I think they test to make sure patient isn't supplementing with illegal narcotics...)

It's insane what they've done to legitimate people who need legitimate pain relief, I agree with that.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Yeah, my friend has to go every month and pee in a cup to make sure they are taking the meds...and not selling them, I suppose is the rationale. (also I think they test to make sure patient isn't supplementing with illegal narcotics...)

It's insane what they've done to legitimate people who need legitimate pain relief, I agree with that.

The first GP doctor I had when I moved here lost his license because of his employee, his nurse. It was basically a 3 person operation, a doctor, nurse, and a lady running the office. A couple times he believed her "I lost my meds"
excuse as she was a long term employee. It was probably some sloppy record keeping, but the doc wasn't doing it. She turned around and sued him for the cost of going to rehab for addiction. You can pretty much still get pain meds for short term here, but long term you get a big fat screw you. The doctor who went out of business was never replaced and that eventually took down the next door pharmacy. Now I get to drive 30-40 miles for a doctor and meds instead of 6, thanks to a person who abused pain meds and blamed others.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:16 AM   #23
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
The first GP doctor I had when I moved here lost his license because of his employee, his nurse. It was basically a 3 person operation, a doctor, nurse, and a lady running the office. A couple times he believed her "I lost my meds"
excuse as she was a long term employee. It was probably some sloppy record keeping, but the doc wasn't doing it. She turned around and sued him for the cost of going to rehab for addiction. You can pretty much still get pain meds for short term here, but long term you get a big fat screw you. The doctor who went out of business was never replaced and that eventually took down the next door pharmacy. Now I get to drive 30-40 miles for a doctor and meds instead of 6, thanks to a person who abused pain meds and blamed others.
What about medical marijuana? My wife has chronic pain issues, but won't even consider that. You'd certainly qualify in our state(Pa) for some mj.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:39 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
What about medical marijuana? My wife has chronic pain issues, but won't even consider that. You'd certainly qualify in our state(Pa) for some mj.

Been there, done that, I smoked, did edibles, and tried CBD oil. I tried the pot when I lived back in Cali, I have a long term friend who got a medical card, he is just a pot head, but wanted to go legal. Pot may have given a little relief, but like using alcohol, I would have to consume enough to be non functional.
My issue is my pain comes from actual pain, referred pain, and muscle spasms
from spinal cord injuries. I also have two bad shoulders from power lifting and too many heavy bag work outs. The muscle spasms sometimes come out of nowhere or can happen if I move the wrong way putting on socks.

I was highly functional before they slowly pulled the pain meds and muscle relaxers. Often when typing I have an ice bag behind me, I also use pain cream and patches, they only give very minor relief.

Another thing that sucks, because of idiots falling asleep and burning themselves, heating pads don't get hot enough to really work anymore.
I would put them on my thighs when I sat as all the cramping can leave my legs still and sore.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #25
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I think what is done for pain is controlled by state regulations and the desecration of the doctor. With everyone sue happy and the "opioid crisis"
too many doctors have went overboard out of fear. My neighbor doesn't have to pee in a cup as both he and his wife smoke marijuana.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #26
Cuffdaddy

Quote:

Another thing that sucks, because of idiots falling asleep and burning themselves, heating pads don't get hot enough to really work anymore.
I would put them on my thighs when I sat as all the cramping can leave my legs still and sore.
Try this one, I can only stand the heat of level one and it is imperative that moisture is mixed in as that is key to the heat penetrating deep into the tissue. Heating pads bought at CVS with a towel that you soak in water pale in comparison to this medical grade device

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 08-15-2022 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #27
Cuffdaddy

[QUOTE=Cuffdaddy;2824294]

Cant get a picture to upload, phone is crap

THERMOTECH
Medical Grade Heating Pad

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 08-15-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: