Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-25-2022, 10:53 PM   #1
molson721

Assinoba downs race 3 7/25 screwjob?

Even if you don't play this track, I hope you can see a replay of this race 3 on 7/25. Did the 2 or 6 win this race? I will never bet a penny on this track again or am I wrong and the 6 won the race that did not involve any objections or inquiries by the stewards but somehow MYSTERIOUSLY the powers that be at this cheap track wanted the 6 to be the winner? PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU THINK WON THIS RACE.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 10:56 PM   #2
iamt

iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 11:36 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Looked at the replay click by click, the won.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2022, 11:40 PM   #4
Cuffdaddy

The camera is not directly on the finish line, it is slightly behind the finish line which always makes it appear the inside has the advantage.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 12:25 AM   #5
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
I've been playing ASD since about 2007 and close finishes on their track video have always been deceiving.

Their video camera isn't located right on the mirror. It's off to one side far enough that you really can't tell from watching their track video.

A handful of tracks, NYRA, and Hawthorne come to mind, employ a separate ground level slow motion instant replay camera mounted close enough to a 90° angle to the finish that you can tell about 99% of the time.

Other tracks, Keeneland comes to mind, also employ ground level slow motion instant replay cameras. But theirs are set up far enough off to one side of the finish that you can't tell after watching a slow motion replay. Defeats the entire purpose.

Some of the international tracks, Hong Kong, Australia, Royal Ascot etc. come to mind, have been getting it right for as long as I can remember. The camera they use for track video is mounted close enough to a 90° angle to the finish that you can tell at least 99% of the time.

-jp

Old 07-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #6
notoutofpounds

https://www.asdowns.com/wp-content/u...Race-3-Win.png

Here is their photo.
notoutofpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #7
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
The camera is not directly on the finish line, it is slightly behind the finish line which always makes it appear the inside has the advantage.

Thanks to all for taking the time to take a look at the replay. I only started playing the track last summer and this is the first photo finish I thought was a real screw job. Thanks for pointing out the camera angle making it seem like the inside had the advantage.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:51 PM   #8
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
Thanks to all for taking the time to take a look at the replay. I only started playing the track last summer and this is the first photo finish I thought was a real screw job. Thanks for pointing out the camera angle making it seem like the inside had the advantage.
When I said behind the finish line, better wording would be the camera is positioned "prior to" the finish line. Same idea but less confusing but seems you figured it out. Good luck

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 07-26-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #9
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
When I said behind the finish line, better wording would be the camera is positioned "prior to" the finish line. Same idea but less confusing but seems you figured it out. Good luck

The camera angle was similar to what I dealt with when I did play the greyhounds decades ago but rarely encountered it with horses. I knew what you meant and I thank you for pointing this out to me so I know what I am dealing with on photo finishes going forward if I play this track again. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: