Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #91
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Keep your mind on whats important-9 races today -somewhere,anywhere. Or if you're a multi-track player 18,or 27, or even 36. And guess what- theres 9 more tommorrow. So buck up and get back to what really matters! Girls come and go-they always will. Follow that advice and you can end up like me-single at 53!
Illini,

You are the guy!

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #92
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
Would you care to elaborate a bit about this test? Some of us have had a much harder time picking winning relationships than we have had picking winning horses.
Funny... that you would put it that way. In my humble experience, I would say that on both counts, one might do much better to only pick his nose (never when amongst polite society), and simply let the relationships and winning horses happen.

Not such a bad habit at the track, at least there, you can get the results within 2 minutes. But, picking a winning relationship, meaning that you would choose a woman and commit yourself to "making it work", can often lead a perfectly good man to a lifetime spent on his knees. Since about half of people (men and women) subscribe to this philosophy, while the other half (men and women) subscribe to taking advantage of those that subscribe to the "choose/commit/make it work" philosophy.

While the Denahan laundry test can be used by members of either sex, it is most useful to men that are aware of the endless manipulations that women can be capable of. The Denahan laundry test is a harmless yet helpful exercise in really getting to know a woman. Her basic character, and her real outlook/attitude towards men.

If a man has decided that he would like to let a relationship go beyond the dating stage, the Denahan laundry test is a good idea, because this stage is the best place to take either a big step back, or an immediate turn to the south, if it is needed. The Denahan laundry test is quite reliable in determining a best course of action at this crucial point. But...

never tell a woman that you are laundry testing her. If a woman has any idea that she is being laundry tested, results will be forever... inconclusive. Never use the laundry test as an opening line or ice-breaker. Never approach a woman at a bar or social setting with "I'd like to laundry test you", or "you really put the starch in my collar, how 'bout we do some laundry in the morning?"

Remember, this is only for a woman that you are thinking of sharing your remote control with. The type of woman that you are starting to feel the kind of love for that you would eat whatever she cooks, and enjoy it. When you are thinking that you would be willing to make love to this woman with only your face, for the rest of your life... then, it is time to carefully slide in a laundry test.

During casual conversation with your prospect, you tell her that you feel that the relationship has progressed, and is progressing such that you feel it would be good to get together to do some everyday things together. Invite her over next Saturday for brunch, and tell her to bring her clothes with her for a rousing session, of wash. The two of you could do a few loads while preparing a fabulous brunch.

If she brings her laundry, plus everything she needs to do her laundry, you have a candidate that can move immediately to the time test.

If she brings her laundry, and assumes/expects that you will have the woolite, and particular liquid fabric softener that she prefers.... or worse... expects you to make a woolite run.... employ exit/extraction strategy with all due haste.

If she flunks the laundry test, yet did have the presence of mind to bring some really exciting cheese, delay exit/extraction long enough to get your fill, and still make the Daily Double.

Remember, women are like horse races, the next one is only 20 minutes away.

jdl

Last edited by jonnielu; 01-22-2010 at 10:03 PM.
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #93
Greyfox

Greyfox's Laundry Simulation Test: An Alternative.

Luv the idea.
Except I wouldn't put that effort into it. I'd put on a cheap shirt.
I'd spill wine on my shirt and say "Geez...I have to go wash this out."
If she reacts saying "No..I can get that out..."
I'd rip my shirt off...and we'd start conversing from there.
Neither of you would have to bother doing laundry tonight.

If she shows no interest in cleaning the stain.....
you don't have to come clean with her either.....
No reason to tell any "dirty laundry" or discuss any dirty laundry you might have tomorrow.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #94
miesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu
Funny... that you would put it that way. In my humble experience, I would say that on both counts, one might do much better to only pick his nose (never when amongst polite society), and simply let the relationships and winning horses happen.

Not such a bad habit at the track, at least there, you can get the results within 2 minutes. But, picking a winning relationship, meaning that you would choose a woman and commit yourself to "making it work", can often lead a perfectly good man to a lifetime spent on his knees. Since about half of people (men and women) subscribe to this philosophy, while the other half (men and women) subscribe to taking advantage of those that subscribe to the "choose/commit/make it work" philosophy.

While the Denahan laundry test can be used by members of either sex, it is most useful to men that are aware of the endless manipulations that women can be capable of. The Denahan laundry test is a harmless yet helpful exercise in really getting to know a woman. Her basic character, and her real outlook/attitude towards men.

If a man has decided that he would like to let a relationship go beyond the dating stage, the Denahan laundry test is a good idea, because this stage is the best place to take either a big step back, or an immediate turn to the south, if it is needed. The Denahan laundry test is quite reliable in determining a best course of action at this crucial point. But...

never tell a woman that you are laundry testing her. If a woman has any idea that she is being laundry tested, results will be forever... inconclusive. Never use the laundry test as an opening line or ice-breaker. Never approach a woman at a bar or social setting with "I'd like to laundry test you", or "you really put the starch in my collar, how 'bout we do some laundry in the morning?"

Remember, this is only for a woman that you are thinking of sharing your remote control with. The type of woman that you are starting to feel the kind of love for that you would eat whatever she cooks, and enjoy it. When you are thinking that you would be willing to make love to this woman with only your face, for the rest of your life... then, it is time to carefully slide in a laundry test.

During casual conversation with your prospect, you tell her that you feel that the relationship has progressed, and is progressing such that you feel it would be good to get together to do some everyday things together. Invite her over next Saturday for brunch, and tell her to bring her clothes with her for a rousing session, of wash. The two of you could do a few loads while preparing a fabulous brunch.

If she brings her laundry, plus everything she needs to do her laundry, you have a candidate that can move immediately to the time test.

If she brings her laundry, and assumes/expects that you will have the woolite, and particular liquid fabric softener that she prefers.... or worse... expects you to make a woolite run.... employ exit/extraction strategy with all due haste.

If she flunks the laundry test, yet did have the presence of mind to bring some really exciting cheese, delay exit/extraction long enough to get your fill, and still make the Daily Double.

Remember, women are like horse races, the next one is only 20 minutes away.

jdl
What if she has no interest in doing laundry as a joint activity or having someone else messing around in the kictchen when she is cooking?
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #95
BlueShoe

Interesting theory, must consider it for a future test. I can see it now; "I found my true love over a box of Tide", or "When she poured in the bleach we both knew that we were meant for each other", and so on. Ah Love.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #96
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
What if she has no interest in doing laundry as a joint activity or having someone else messing around in the kictchen when she is cooking?
An obvious lesbian with a chip on her shoulder, and certainly not one that you would want to share command of the remote with. Possible running/drinking-buddy material, but the wise man would make sure to never find her shoes in his closet, because this one would have stuff in the medicine cabinet too.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #97
miesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu
An obvious lesbian with a chip on her shoulder, and certainly not one that you would want to share command of the remote with. Possible running/drinking-buddy material, but the wise man would make sure to never find her shoes in his closet, because this one would have stuff in the medicine cabinet too.

jdl
Now that is an enlightened, modern response
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply