Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
ArlJim78

Press starting to ask tough questions

Not everyone drank the Hopenchange kool-aid. This guy is on to the lobbyist hypocrisy from Dear Leader and says so quite bluntly;

"It is easy to project yourself as a clean politician after making your debut in South Side Chicago with buddies like Rahm Emanuel. US president Obama has appointed more than 17 lobbyists after talking big on anti-lobbyist Governance and rooting corruption out of the American Government."

"Take the example of the newest exposure of doubletalk from Obama! After calling for clean Governance, he appoints a Treasury Secretary who “forgot” to pay for his ‘business tax’ for years! Tom Daschle, a top lobbyist in Washington, who has amended his U.S. tax forms to pay back taxes with interest, is now Obama’s best choice for America’s chief health official."

So the question is, who printed this editorial? The Times, The Tribune, The Post? not hardly.

INDIA DAILY!
http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/20471.asp
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Just like the left accused the "neocons" or the "righties" or the "nazis" or whatever they called right-of-center-folks, of NEVER criticizing or calling out Bush on his failings, it appears the "lefties" or the "liberals" or the "raging drug addled hippies" are guilty of same.

Duplicity and hypocrisy rule the roost. I for one am guilty of this as well, but I vow to try and reform myself during the reign of Obama.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
LottaKash

That's it, another double-talkin "pretty face"......America "Change has come"....... .... I say, business as usual, as the Globalists and Kingmakers now have their new man, someone to continue and change the course of this nation heading to where ?.......None would dare call it conspiracy, would they. ?........

best,
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
ddog

the daschle thing along with geithener and the other dude he appointed to be 2nd honcho at dod (i think) all STINK like the rotted heaps they are.

although the daschle deal is endemic-epidemic in the country on the part of the small business owners , that's no excuse for gvt appointments , much less former senators to have the same issue.

What in the name of H*ll ever happened to setting an example for those you wish to lead, even if a vast amount of those are just as dirty as the leader?

Must your tax liabilities be smoked out before you feel you need to pay them?
Is there any doubt that he would not have payed TO THIS DAY, if he didn't see a bigger gravy train coming?

Also, what's with all the CLOSED DOOR hearings for these clowns in the senate, I thought we were going to get transparency in gvt now!
What's so bad past the tax deal that they need secret hearings still for daschle?
he isn't up for a nat. sec. posting.

THis bunch , just like the last several have been on the take so long they can't tell the difference any more.

Last edited by ddog; 02-02-2009 at 04:49 PM.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why are "the people" so afraid to vote most of these clowns out?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
ddog

you know , i would throw these bums into the dumpster if i could catch one of them.

even the daschle tax deal is not being looked at in the proper light imo.

The question I want to ask him is this :

Were you dead broke and couldn't afford to outright hire your own driver/car?
Why did you feel that you should get one for free?

Of course, these senators will vote him on up, they are mostly as clueless as daschle.

vote em out , i would run em out if I could figure out a way to do it and stay out jail.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Why are "the people" so afraid to vote most of these clowns out?
"the people" get their news from the daily show, if at all...never seen more uninformed voters in my life...i remember, as a kid, watching my dad go thru the sample ballot we'd get and discuss each person with my mother..good and bad...they made informed decisions...people cared years ago..now, its who can put out the effective ads...
prime example...jaywalking from the tonite show..losers on there should be banned from voting..

of course, lets not forget acorn...25 precints in wisc with more votes than people registered...shameful...left or right, its shameful
Old 02-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It was pretty well documented that the "people" as a whole were AGAINST the first TARP bailout bill...yet, it was passed and put into law...only to see most of the clowns who voted for it get reelected.Does this make any sense?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
Richie

My wife and I ask the same questions, who elects these clowns, we live in connecticut, the lib state. If Dodd gets elected again, I swear I quit.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector
"the people" get their news from the daily show, if at all...never seen more uninformed voters in my life...
Just curious, if "the people" were informed, do you think they would have voted any different for president??
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
Just curious, if "the people" were informed, do you think they would have voted any different for president??
Yes. I think that if the people were more informed, neither would have been on the ballot.

Ez
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

After listening to the independent candidate's debate, it was clear to me that the three best choices for the office did not include McCain or Obama.
I heard for more sense and good ideas from those three than anything either of them.

Our election process is a sham.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
ddog

as long as these two parties control everything , right down to the local districts, then you essentially have a sham process.
there is no way around it.

You only have one choice. Once you factor out the contrived issues they use to seperate the "electorate" then you are left with very little difference among them.

One must pass the money test before you have even a chance and we know where the money is now don't we.

It's all a food fight over which set of hangers-on of either of the two "sides" get to "protect the people" from the other side.

Translation for those not up on pol-speak "protect the people" = direct the pork to our monied backers the other 75% be damned.

As to tough questions , ask yourself this after you watch Harry markopolous in front of the committee today. (he was th guy blowing the whistle for years on BM).
As he rips them and the useless and throughly corrupt regulatory structures in this country a "new one", why are not people like this in and/or running the agencies tasked with oversight?

There are thousands of guys like him in all walks of life out in the country, why do they not get called on to run these things down?

Could it be that they might not be "on the team" or in the favoured groups that control the pols?

Could it be that the pols running the gvt , either side, have a vested interest in keeping the money where it's at right now, after all it got them elected, so they would look to kill a messenger like this rather than help him stop the fraud?

Could it be that those who scream about the gvt/prez , either side being "unfairly taken to task" have their head so far in the sand that they can't even see there is a problem with that view?

you decide.

Last edited by ddog; 02-04-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Political parties are road blocks to good clean government. No man can serve two masters. Guess who always loses out?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Political parties are road blocks to good clean government. No man can serve two masters. Guess who always loses out?
agree! why do we have to have the two party system?? there has to be a way out of it