Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #736
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
That is 100% BS - COUMO made the call to put infected patients in nursing homes. TRUMP gave COUMO everything he asked for and COUMO failed use it effectively. Nursing home filled with sick people, entire ships not used at all.

If Trump had been the cause, why was ONLY NY hit like it was?

Trumps comments had NO effect on NY - NONE.

Trump affects weak feebel minds like YOURS!
Wrong! You are ranting now. Not a good look for a baby chimp.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #737
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Infection rates and, WORSE hospitalizations, way up in NINE states since the relaxation of distancing and masking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ations-rising/

quote: In Texas, North and South Carolina, California, Oregon, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah and Arizona, there are an increasing number of patients under supervised care since the holiday weekend because of coronavirus infections. The spikes generally began in the past couple weeks and in most states are trending higher.

As of Tuesday, Arizona reported 1,243 current hospitalizations, a 49 percent increase since Memorial Day, when there were 833 hospitalizations.
Arizona never had strict relaxing of social distancing. It was suggested, not enforced, that you stayed home. The same people who could work from home are still doing so. The one thing that has changed is restaraunts being open, but I went into one for some takeout and there were a few people there, thats it.

Arizona is not a hub for international travel, thus we are getting hit with this later than other states. Same for states like New Mexico, Utah, Oregon....I bet those states are up just like us. Natural progression.

If anything we locked down way to fng soon.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #738
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Arizona never had strict relaxing of social distancing. It was suggested, not enforced, that you stayed home. The same people who could work from home are still doing so. The one thing that has changed is restaraunts being open, but I went into one for some takeout and there were a few people there, thats it.

Arizona is not a hub for international travel, thus we are getting hit with this later than other states. Same for states like New Mexico, Utah, Oregon....I bet those states are up just like us. Natural progression.

If anything we locked down way to fng soon.
What hasn't changed is people who are at high risk of severe consequences elsewhere are the same people at risk in AZ. There is not many healthy people under 60 who are taking up ICU space and being put on ventilators. The media would have us believe that the entire population is at risk of extinction.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #739
davew

Quote:
Hard to find that at all impressive when they were the WORST hot spot in the country due directly to incompetence by the state.

What a stupid comment!
Elmsworth hospital mixed CV patients with those negative waiting for test results. Family members not allowed to visit and be patient advocates. Hundreds more died there just because of killer Cuomo executive order making hospitals not liable.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2020, 05:52 PM   #740
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Just wait until the numbers come in where all the riots happened!
Stupid worthless democant's!
those reckless people will get what the epidemiologists suggested
Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #741
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
What hasn't changed is people who are at high risk of severe consequences elsewhere are the same people at risk in AZ. There is not many healthy people under 60 who are taking up ICU space and being put on ventilators. The media would have us believe that the entire population is at risk of extinction.
Well I certainly agree. I am just saying that tying the changes in Arizona to lifting of the lockdown is a complete false premise, and I state that as someone living here.

In fact there are 4.7 million people in Maricopa County, there have been 568 deaths, or :

0.0001208 chance of dying so far. Now roughly half have been over 65.

So if you divide that in two, so far your chance of dying is 0.0000604.

I think the older and more health issues you have the more diligent you should be. Shutting down the rest of the state, NOPE.

I would say though people definitely have been less diligent the past few weeks. Today I went to the store, 80% had masks on. A week again it was maybe 20%. I think people have got the message the past week.

Last edited by GMB@BP; 06-12-2020 at 05:57 PM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2020, 12:10 AM   #742
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Poor baby. Your own crock is dependent on short term trends and assumptions . We are dealing with a very contagious disease that spreads like wild fire. And it is getting hold, and spreading where it was not before. A few sparks and all your 7 day moving averages go up in smoke.
Wow...try harder dude...
Old 06-13-2020, 03:47 AM   #743
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wow...try harder dude...
Here is a long term trend.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountries-cases

Daily Cases (worldwide)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg world cases.JPG (84.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-13-2020, 03:51 AM   #744
hcap

Worldwide deaths. Long term trend.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg worldwide deaths.JPG (64.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-13-2020, 04:23 AM   #745
hcap

So, the previous hot spots within the U.S. have gotten better thru lock downs and other mitigation measures, we see the beginning of a shift to previously unaffected regions and states. We do not know if these 14 or so new states showing increases in cases and hospitalizations will become new hot spots.

For instance, Arizona's, new cases rose from roughly 200 infections a day in late May to more than 1,400 infections a day this week may be one. Containing the contagion is an ongoing concern.

Additionally, our neighbor's internationally steadily increasing cases, may impact us.

Which is why I posted an update on worldwide infections.

Last edited by hcap; 06-13-2020 at 04:29 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2020, 04:37 AM   #746
davew

hcap.

when testing goes up 3 x's as many and time for results drops more than 3 x's what would you expect happen to the number of positives?

I am still waiting for your chart/graph showing maximum carrying capacity of Earth and USA for humans.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2020, 04:45 AM   #747
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
hcap.

when testing goes up 3 x's as many and time for results drops more than 3 x's what would you expect happen to the number of positives?

I am still waiting for your chart/graph showing maximum carrying capacity of Earth and USA for humans.
Not the case in Arizona, nor the other countries affected. Do you know what is going on in Brazil , Mexico Africa and Russia? We are in the 2nd or third inning of a 9 inning game, both nationally and internationally. You can not happy talk your way out.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ses-and-deaths

Arizona

https://azbigmedia.com/business/covi...rease-of-1654/
Old 06-13-2020, 05:01 AM   #748
hcap

Here is Orange County Ca. hospitalizations. Has NOTHING TO DO WITH TESTING.We are dealing with a wildfire. Put out one outbreak, stop paying attention, and what we though were dying embers, re-appear.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:07 AM   #749
tucker6

I and many others anecdotally have stopped giving two shits about the virus, especially since govt seemed unconcerned about prevention when the protests occurred. Joe Public noticed the hypocrisy Harry. Whoops

Last edited by tucker6; 06-13-2020 at 06:09 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #750
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I and many others anecdotally have stopped giving two shits about the virus, especially since govt seemed unconcerned about prevention when the protests occurred. Joe Public noticed the hypocrisy Harry. Whoops
Say what? Which government.

I presented a reasonable proposition that a serious infectious disease with an exponential RO number can be best dealt with by judging the threat potential using long term epidemiological models. And being aware that as in previous similar pandemics, it is international in nature.

Why is that hyperbole?

1)- Hope for the best,
2)-Be prepared for the worst.

It appears you and the "govt", are only on board with #1

Last edited by hcap; 06-13-2020 at 10:47 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply