Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-02-2020, 02:08 AM   #166
dlivery

Earth Space Nine

Bidens eye's are creapy
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #167
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Well, there you go. The Demos have a legal rout to accomplish a remove-Joe mission, if they are so inclined.
Not really. Biden needs another 585 delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot. The delegates he has so far are legally obligated to vote for him on the first ballot. By my count in the remaining primaries and caucuses 1599 delegates are up for grabs. If he can get 37% of those delegates then the nomination is his and there is nothing the democratic party can do about it.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #168
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
At no point do I hear him say "I didn't do anything to her."
Bullshit!

Interviewer: "She says in 1993 Mr. Vice President that you pinned here against the wall and reached under her clothing and penetrated her with your fingers. Would you please go on the record with the American people. Did you sexually assault Tara Reade?"

Biden: "No. It is not true. I'm saying unequovically it never, never happened. And it didn't. It never happened."
Old 05-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #169
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Not really. Biden needs another 585 delegates to get the nomination on the first ballot. The delegates he has so far are legally obligated to vote for him on the first ballot. By my count in the remaining primaries and caucuses 1599 delegates are up for grabs. If he can get 37% of those delegates then the nomination is his and there is nothing the democratic party can do about it.
Please read the article that Fast posted:

The smoke-filled room that could oust Joe Biden

Quote:
So if they wanted to replace Biden (whether with Cuomo, the veep nominee, or some arrangement of both) Democratic leadership could wait until after the nomination to do so. Then, as they did with Democratic vice presidential nominee Thomas Eagleton in 1972, they could ask Biden to step aside, citing his health.
Quote:
Such a switch could be made any time between the convention nomination and Election Day.
MargieRose is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #170
xtb

Quote:
Bullshit!

Interviewer: "She says in 1993 Mr. Vice President that you pinned here against the wall and reached under her clothing and penetrated her with your fingers. Would you please go on the record with the American people. Did you sexually assault Tara Reade?"

Biden: "No. It is not true. I'm saying unequovically it never, never happened. And it didn't. It never happened."
Maybe Badfinger Joe means he only used one.

Last edited by xtb; 05-02-2020 at 01:19 PM.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #171
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Please read the article that Fast posted:

The smoke-filled room that could oust Joe Biden
I read it before I posted.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #172
Greyfox

Quote:
Bullshit!

If you don't see a significant difference between saying "I didn't do anything to her" and "It never happened.." I can't help you.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #173
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
If you don't see a significant difference between saying "I didn't do anything to her" and "It never happened.." I can't help you.
You had said previously:

At no point do I hear him say "I didn't do anything to her."

End of quote.

The matter at hand was the alleged sexual assault. He said: "it never happened." You can believe him or not believe him. But to try to claim the statement "I didn't do anything to her" is/would have been a stronger denial to the allegation (implicit in your desire for such a response) than "it never happened" is to negate the meaning of words.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 03:43 PM   #174
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Tara Reade has backed out of her planned Fox News interview? Of course, this proves nothing, if true - she could be overwhelmed by nervousness. But she's also now saying she never filed a formal complaint?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #175
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
"Kids say the darndest things!"
-----------Joe Biden

Attached Images
File Type: jpg biden1.jpg (10.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Tom; 05-02-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 04:03 PM   #176
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Tara Reade has backed out of her planned Fox News interview? Of course, this proves nothing, if true - she could be overwhelmed by nervousness. But she's also now saying she never filed a formal complaint?
It's ok. Tara Reade can be lying...or maybe she's not. Nobody on either side will ever be satisfied with what transpires anyway.

So does it really matter in terms of the election? Not really.

Besides, Joe is as big a danger to his campaign as any third party could ever hope to be...
Old 05-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #177
MargieRose

Quote:
I read it before I posted.
"...there is nothing the democratic party can do about it."
I suggest that you re-read the article, because you are .
MargieRose is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 09:09 PM   #178
RunForTheRoses

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #179
davew

Quote:
Bullshit!

maybe he did pin her against the wall and reached under her clothing and penetrated her with his fingers but did not sexually assault her.

it depends on your definition of 'did' and 'sexually assault'
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #180
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
The matter at hand was the alleged sexual assault. He said: "it never happened." You can believe him or not believe him. But to try to claim the statement "I didn't do anything to her" is/would have been a stronger denial to the allegation (implicit in your desire for such a response) than "it never happened" is to negate the meaning of words.
Your point is well taken, but I still believe that a denial of not doing anything is stronger.

Having said that, I have little sympathy for people like Tara Reade who bring up their complaints 27 years after an alleged assault happened.
Why our society and the MSM has pushed the idea that "the woman must be believed" in all situations, fresh or ancient, reflects our passion for dirt and destruction. If she didn't have the guts to follow through on her complaint in 1993 what is giving her the motivation to do so now? Yeah, she might feel better for doing so and getting it off her chest. But why carry crap like that around for 27 years, if she's telling the truth. Alternatively, the human mind and memory system can be very creative. False Memory Syndrome and Memory Distortions are just as probable as anything she's saying now. I feel sorry for both her and Joe in this instance.

Last edited by Greyfox; 05-02-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply