Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-10-2023, 09:41 PM   #31
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Maybe you should answer first. Boxcar will probably take a while to answer...because he will have to first consult his much-treasured evangelical online websites.
Nah. I don't want to interfere with Boxcar's reply....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2023, 09:53 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Nah. I don't want to interfere with Boxcar's reply....
It isn't "Boxcar's reply"...how many times do I have to tell you that? Whenever Boxcar wants to answer a question, he first goes to those moronic evangelical websites which supply nonsensical replies to every question that an "unbeliever" might ask.

Do you really think that Boxcar can think on his feet? He doesn't get his knowledge from the "Holy Spirit"...that's a con. Thank God for his websites.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-10-2023 at 09:56 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2023, 10:10 PM   #33
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Romans, Psalms

Romans 3:10-12 "as it is written, none is righteous no, not one, no one understands, no one seeks for GOD, all have turned aside, together they have become worthless, no one does good, not even one."

Psalms 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me."
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2023, 10:13 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
Romans 3:10-12 "as it is written, none is righteous no, not one, no one understands, no one seeks for GOD, all have turned aside, together they have become worthless, no one does good, not even one."

Psalms 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me."
Thank you. We needed that!
Old 08-10-2023, 11:24 PM   #35
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Anytime we have a problem, no matter it be temporal or spiritual, we must know what the problem is, define it, before we attempt to find a solution.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:48 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Maybe you should answer first. Boxcar will probably take a while to answer...because he will have to first consult his much-treasured evangelical online websites.
See what I mean? Boxcar is still busy with his evangelical websites.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:52 PM   #37
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

The solution to the problem of Romans, Psalms is Psalms 34
Old 08-11-2023, 01:39 AM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
See what I mean? Boxcar is still busy with his evangelical websites.
No man...he's probably busy working on this handicapping program he's still putting together to beat you in the contest you'll never have with him.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:38 AM   #39
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No man...he's probably busy working on this handicapping program he's still putting together to beat you in the contest you'll never have with him.
Not even the "Holy Spirit" will be enough help for Boxcar if he ever decides to go up against me in a handicapping contest.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-11-2023 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:17 PM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
It isn't "Boxcar's reply"...how many times do I have to tell you that? Whenever Boxcar wants to answer a question, he first goes to those moronic evangelical websites which supply nonsensical replies to every question that an "unbeliever" might ask.

Do you really think that Boxcar can think on his feet? He doesn't get his knowledge from the "Holy Spirit"...that's a con. Thank God for his websites.

Is this just a guess or do you know for sure? Boxcar reminds me of my grandmother. She had scripture to recite for all occasions and this was pre internet. Some people have a knack for remembering things and special skills that others don't. Even if is something you would never be able to do, doesn't mean someone else can't do it. I personally have a weird memory for numbers. I can remember addresses and phone numbers from 50 years ago, I have an old address book to check my memory. Unfortunately I cannot profit off my special skills I cannot remember randomly generated numbers any better than anyone else,they have to have meant something.

Boxcar also seems to have the same opinion of sex outside of marriage as my grandma. Everybody does it, was not an acceptable defense. It could be there is a connection between those firmly against sex outside of marriage that have a mind like a steel trap when it comes to scripture. Not sure if she was an outcast at the time but she would be now, she was right wing school teacher.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2023, 08:59 AM   #41
boxcar

Quote:
Hold on a second here, I am a little confused. Yes...theoretically we are all descendants of Adam, but we are much more than that. Scripture also makes it abundantly clear that we are the "forgiven" descendants of Noah, whose family was rescued from the flood that drowned everybody else. Only Noah's family survived the flood...remember? So, since we are more connected to Noah than we are to Adam...why should I accept your interpretation that we all have an "evil nature"? If we all share Adam's "evil nature", as you claim...then why didn't God drown our ancestor Noah too, so he wouldn't have to deal any further with us?
Huh? "'Forgiven' descendants of Noah"? Got chapter and verse on that?

To your second question: God didn't drown Noah and his family because he saved them by his grace. God, from the very beginning has always preserved a remnant of the faithful for himself, e.g. Eve, Abel, Enoch, etc. It's not that none of these OT saints didn't have a sin nature like Adam, but each of them had genuine faith and were, therefore, justified (declared righteous) by God. At the same time, scripture says that there is not one [inherently] righteous person in his world (Rom 3:10) -- that not even the most pious of saints are free from sin (Eccl 7:20; Job 14:4; 15:14, 16; Isa 48:8, etc, etc.)

Having said that...the day is coming when the Judge of heaven and earth will judge us all and finally banish the wicked from his presence and the presence of all his saints at the New Creation, wherein only the righteous will dwell.
Old 08-12-2023, 09:02 AM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Is this just a guess or do you know for sure? Boxcar reminds me of my grandmother. She had scripture to recite for all occasions and this was pre internet. Some people have a knack for remembering things and special skills that others don't. Even if is something you would never be able to do, doesn't mean someone else can't do it. I personally have a weird memory for numbers. I can remember addresses and phone numbers from 50 years ago, I have an old address book to check my memory. Unfortunately I cannot profit off my special skills I cannot remember randomly generated numbers any better than anyone else,they have to have meant something.

Boxcar also seems to have the same opinion of sex outside of marriage as my grandma. Everybody does it, was not an acceptable defense. It could be there is a connection between those firmly against sex outside of marriage that have a mind like a steel trap when it comes to scripture. Not sure if she was an outcast at the time but she would be now, she was right wing school teacher.
Yeah...that sin is called fornication. But in this day and age...everyone does it, so how wrong can it be. The "scientific consensus" says it just can't be.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:29 AM   #43
summersquall

As current social mores mandate the "have a take, don't suck" approach in these pedantic days I offer a link to a Virginia area blog which ruminates on the shooting. "Was he raised by wolves?" https://www.baconsrebellion.com/wp/d...se-even-worse/

~ Lily Tomlin
summersquall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2023, 01:09 AM   #44
MargieRose

Tucker Carlson Is Changing

This is for you, thaskalos.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2023, 02:37 AM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
This is for you, thaskalos.
https://youtu.be/0MKgsXTRU-4
Margie, I missed the "monumental statements" that the young man in the video kept referring to. "Although we have free will, we are not totally in charge...but we are being acted upon by a world that we can't see", Tucker Carlson says...and the young man calls this a "monumental" revelation, although this is something that has been taught and repeated through the ages. "Invisible hands are pulling us this way and that", Plato said 2,500 years ago...and this was widely understood then, just as it's widely understood now. In my almost 62 years of living...I have not met a single person who feels that he/she is "totally in charge" of his/her journey upon this earth. This may surprise you, but Christians aren't the only ones who acknowledge the presence of a "world that we can't see".

I do wish that the young man made his video a little longer in order to allow Tucker Carlson to expand upon some of the "unbelievable drama" that he encountered in the bible. Because the Carlson fragments that this video presents create more questions than they provide answers.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-13-2023 at 02:40 AM.