Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #646
Clocker

The "Parkland Three" (Camera Hogg and his friends) are credited with record gun sales in March.

Quote:
Well, if there’s one thing the Parkland Three—Cameron Kasky, Emma Gonzalez, David Hogg—March for Our Lives, and the anti-gun Left can take credit for, it’s the record number of firearms sales that occurred in March. In fact, it’s an all-time high for the month of March; over 2.7 million guns were sold.

I think for now, the gun industry should give these kids a gift basket for giving the firearms industry a shot to the arm. The first vestiges of this were already circling after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February. A gun show in Tampa, Florida saw record attendance,with 7,000 people lining up after CNN hosted that kangaroo court-style town hall event where the most liberal of Floridians decided to take their swipes at the GOP, the NRA, conservatives, and gun owners.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...s-sal-n2467379
Old 04-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #647
mrhorseplayer

yes calibers are important cause the ar-15 comes in several different calibers.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #648
upthecreek

This won't be mentioned on CNN

Old 04-05-2018, 11:29 PM   #649
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The other side is starting to get some traction

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DFF556C9-7CDC-45F0-B44D-A36C541D293A.jpeg (377.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #650
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman helped prevent a potential school shooting in Port Huron, Michigan based on a message a 14 year old boy left on Edelman'a Instagram page.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._school_threat

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
Old 04-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #651
upthecreek

Old 04-06-2018, 09:13 AM   #652
chadk66

had a very interesting discussion with my anti gun aunt the other day. she was insisting I explain to her why I felt it necessary to own AR's. It was really easy to explain this and left her rather speechless. We all know this so I won't bore you with the details. But I also told her something that left her angry, confused, mortified, puzzled, or who knows what else. I told her if I was locked up in a class room with an active shooter I would rather he was shooting an AR rather than a shotgun or a large caliber handgun. When I explained to her you had at least an outside chance at surviving after being shot with an AR while waiting for the situation to subside vs being shot with a shotgun or large caliber handgun. Of course she figured I was full of crap until I explained it to her. I basically told her these people are going to commit these shootings with or without an AR so you should be glad they're choosing the AR over the other two.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #653
upthecreek

Good point

Old 04-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #654
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
had a very interesting discussion with my anti gun aunt the other day. she was insisting I explain to her why I felt it necessary to own AR's. It was really easy to explain this and left her rather speechless. We all know this so I won't bore you with the details. But I also told her something that left her angry, confused, mortified, puzzled, or who knows what else. I told her if I was locked up in a class room with an active shooter I would rather he was shooting an AR rather than a shotgun or a large caliber handgun. When I explained to her you had at least an outside chance at surviving after being shot with an AR while waiting for the situation to subside vs being shot with a shotgun or large caliber handgun. Of course she figured I was full of crap until I explained it to her. I basically told her these people are going to commit these shootings with or without an AR so you should be glad they're choosing the AR over the other two.
That’s why I hope they keep focusing on AR type weapons. A high quality semi auto shotgun will do much more damage and is a much more appropriate weapon if you’re a school shooter. These idiot kids buy the gun they think looks meanest and in reality they are buying a weapon that’s ill suited for their task.

The different types of ammo available for the shotgun make it very versatile too
Old 04-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #655
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
That’s why I hope they keep focusing on AR type weapons. A high quality semi auto shotgun will do much more damage and is a much more appropriate weapon if you’re a school shooter. These idiot kids buy the gun they think looks meanest and in reality they are buying a weapon that’s ill suited for their task.

The different types of ammo available for the shotgun make it very versatile too
I could not imagine getting shot with #4 buckshot or bigger. If AR's were pink we wouldn't even be talking about them.

Here is a little story about Buckshot in a sawed off shotgun. I grew up in northwest ND. We hunted all fall and throughout the winter. In winter it was for fox and coyotes. My dad and his buddies hit the country on snowmobile most weekends. He had a cheep sawed off single shot 12 ga. shotgun on a sling he used running around on the snowmobile looking for yotes. When he kicked one up he would run up beside it with the sled and whip the shotgun out and shoot it with #4 buckshot.

Well in 1976 we built a new house. Moved in around thanksgiving. Well mom decided she had to have christmas in the new house. After supper My two cousins and I escaped to the basement to get away from all the people. We still had lots of boxes sitting down there that hadn't been opened from the move. On the opposite end of the basement there were some old cabinets that we were going to use to make a little workshop down there. I went down there and jumped up on the cabinets and was siting there talking to my cousins. The one cousin was rummaging around by the boxes and damned if he didn't pick up the shotgun I was talking about. (gun cabinet was full lol). Anyway he had never been around guns. He picked it up and was kind of waving it around. I was ten years old he was probably 12 or 13. I had been hunting already for a few years so this made me kind of nervous that he was doing this so I jumped off to go down there and take it away from him. Soon as my feet his the floor the gun went off. All I was was him getting plastered up against the concrete wall and wood raining down on my head lol. And the sound of about a dozen adults running down the stairs Once the reprimands ended I was looking at the floor joists right above my head. 2x10 floor joists and he had taken a half moon shaped piece out of the first joist, blew a hole the size of a soft ball through the middle of the second one and all the BB's were stuck in the third one. You would have zero chance of survival being hit with that load at 30'.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #656
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Anyway he had never been around guns. He picked it up and was kind of waving it around. I was ten years old he was probably 12 or 13. I had been hunting already for a few years so this made me kind of nervous that he was doing this so I jumped off to go down there and take it away from him. Soon as my feet his the floor the gun went off. All I was was him getting plastered up against the concrete wall and wood raining down on my head lol. And the sound of about a dozen adults running down the stairs Once the reprimands ended I was looking at the floor joists right above my head. 2x10 floor joists and he had taken a half moon shaped piece out of the first joist, blew a hole the size of a soft ball through the middle of the second one and all the BB's were stuck in the third one. You would have zero chance of survival being hit with that load at 30'.
Glad no one was hurt. I first shot a .22 rifle when I was 7, grew up around cops. All kids were taught at a very young age not to handle a gun without adult supervision. If you even stumble across a gun while out and about exploring the land you were not to touch it and go get a trusted adult.

That kid would have been punished pretty severely for that if he had grown up among my family and friends.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #657
Clocker

A U.S. judge in Boston has rejected challenges to a state law banning "assault weapons". The judge ruled that "The AR-15 and its analogs, along with large capacity magazines, are simply not weapons within the original meaning of the individual constitutional right to ‘bear arms’".

Quote:
“Yet the AR-15’s present-day popularity is not constitutionally material,” Young wrote. “This is because the words of our Constitution are not mutable. They mean the same today as they did 227 years ago when the Second Amendment was adopted.”
By that reasoning, revolvers are not protected, let alone semi-automatic hand guns.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HD2CW

Last edited by Clocker; 04-07-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #658
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Another idiot on the bench.
By this dolt's reasoning. freedom of speech does not extend to videos, social media, anything electronic...........

We need to put limits on ANY judge's term with mandatory annual mental examinations.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #659
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Another idiot on the bench.
By this dolt's reasoning. freedom of speech does not extend to videos, social media, anything electronic...........

We need to put limits on ANY judge's term with mandatory annual mental examinations.
This guy was appointed by Reagan. Maybe an early indication of Reagan's later mental decline.

His ruling is in direct opposition to the SCOTUS ruling in "D.C. vs Heller", which said that the 2nd Amendment applies to weapons in common use for lawful purposes.

SCOTUS has not accepted any gun control cases for review in some time. Maybe this one will stir them up.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #660
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
A U.S. judge in Boston has rejected challenges to a state law banning "assault weapons". The judge ruled that "The AR-15 and its analogs, along with large capacity magazines, are simply not weapons within the original meaning of the individual constitutional right to ‘bear arms’".

By that reasoning, revolvers are not protected, let alone semi-automatic hand guns.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HD2CW
I have some 2nd Amendment protected muskets I'm willing to let go for a reasonable price.Used by Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys when they captured Fort Ticonderoga!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 04-07-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Closed Thread