Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-01-2024, 07:21 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

[QUOTE=thaskalos;2936806][QUOTE]

Old 04-01-2024, 07:23 PM   #62
thaskalos

[quote=Tom;2936814][QUOTE=thaskalos;2936806]
Quote:

Yup...that's me
Old 04-01-2024, 07:28 PM   #63
tucker6

[quote=thaskalos;2936816][quote=Tom;2936814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Yup...that's me
Who knew there was a Greek mafia?
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2024, 07:42 PM   #64
thaskalos

[quote=tucker6;2936819][quote=thaskalos;2936816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Who knew there was a Greek mafia?
Not me. All the Greeks I know are either in the restaurant or the grocery business.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:25 PM   #65
classhandicapper

1. Easter is the most important holiday in the Christian religion

2. There are about 246 million Christians in the US (and growing due to immigration of Latin Americans).

2. Coloring Easter eggs, bunnies, chocolate Easter eggs etc... are closely associated with Easter but that's not what Easter is about.

3. Preventing Christians from celebrating Easter with the religious symbols of their own holiday on those eggs or at the Whitehouse is offensive. We are not celebrating secular bunny day or colored egg day. We are celebrating that Christ is risen from his death on the cross.

4. It doesn't matter who made the rules. Either way It was obviously just another left wing Christian hating group or organization.

5. No one compelled Biden to pick this particular Easter day to go out of his way to celebrate a transgender awareness day. It could have been done before or after this one. The same goes for all the other left wing politicians that went out of their way to do the same way or make tasteless jokes about Easter.

Someone that was sensitive to both the religion of 246 million people but also concerned about the rights of a minority group like transgenders would have found a way to celebrate both the RIGHT way.

But we know why that didn't happen.

The left hates Christians because of their beliefs on abortion, sexuality, marriage, birth control, the promotion of transgenderism to children in schools, having out of wedlock children etc... In fact, the left has essentially come to stand for the opposite of all those Christian beliefs by not just protecting people's rights from Christians trying to impose their will on everyone else, but by actively promoting all sorts of ideas and behaviors that run counter to the teachings of Christianity no matter how much damage they do to society. That's the reality.

If you are not a religious person so be it. You have a right to be an atheist or disagree with Christians on any number of issues.

However, if you happen to be a religious Christian, you'd have to have brain damage to vote for someone that hates you for your beliefs. The evidence of that hate is everywhere, not just in this Easter controversy.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-01-2024 at 08:29 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2024, 08:35 PM   #66
tucker6

[quote=thaskalos;2936821][quote=tucker6;2936819]
Quote:

Not me. All the Greeks I know are either in the restaurant or the grocery business.
I'm okay with the diner Greeks. The worst are the grocery store greeks.

Have a good week Gus.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2024, 08:38 PM   #67
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I have almost 30,000 posts here, most of them of a lengthy variety...and you are calling me a "driveby shooter"? Other posters fit that label, and not me...but you lack the balls to call them out.
yeah, i lack balls...lol

If I actually lacked balls, I would have never talked to you on the phone like I've done multiple times over the many years we've been on here together
Old 04-01-2024, 08:38 PM   #68
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

If you are not a religious person so be it. You have a right to be an atheist or disagree with Christians on any number of issues.

However, if you happen to be a religious Christian, you'd have to have brain damage to vote for someone that hates you for your beliefs. The evidence of that hate is everywhere, not just in this Easter controvers.
I Agree. Especially when you can vote for someone who is Christian enough to create and sell his very own bible.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:40 PM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I Agree. Especially when you can vote for someone who is Christian enough to create and sell his very own bible.
as if the people on off-topic are voting for Trump because he's associated himself with Lee Greenwood and a certain for-sale Bible...

That's me...LMAO
Old 04-01-2024, 08:41 PM   #70
thaskalos

[quote=tucker6;2936836][quote=thaskalos;2936821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

I'm okay with the diner Greeks. The worst are the grocery store greeks.

Have a good week Gus.
I agree with you. The only worthwhile Greek that I have ever met in the grocery business, was me.

You have a good week too, Tucker.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:44 PM   #71
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
yeah, i lack balls...lol

If I actually lacked balls, I would have never talked to you on the phone like I've done multiple times over the many years we've been on here together
Our phone conversations have been pleasant...NO? And here you are busting my balls...by mentioning me in a thread that I wasn't even participating in.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:49 PM   #72
classhandicapper

Quote:
The difference between Trump and the leftist democrats is that Trump may not be a "good Christian", but he doesn't hate them like the leftists do.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:57 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The difference between Trump and the leftist democrats is that Trump may not be a "good Christian", but he doesn't hate them like the leftists do.
Trump isn't a "good Christian"...but that doesn't stop him from relying on the bible at every opportunity in order to secure the extra votes that he needs. But you have no problem with this type of hypocrisy...while I do.

And to reply to something that PA-Mike erroneously stated earlier in this thread...I won't be voting for either Trump or Biden in the next election. I can't be forced to eat garbage just because that's all that the menu has to offer.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:38 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Our phone conversations have been pleasant...NO? And here you are busting my balls...by mentioning me in a thread that I wasn't even participating in.
I was being extremely passive-aggressive, obviously...I realize this now.

Shouldn't have done that...my apologies
Old 04-01-2024, 09:52 PM   #75
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I was being extremely passive-aggressive, obviously...I realize this now.

Shouldn't have done that...my apologies
No harm done. If we talk on the phone again...I have no doubt that our conversation will be very cordial.