Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-03-2024, 03:07 PM   #1
xtb

timeformus.com gone

I know Timeform US has been owned by DRF for quite some time now but I enjoyed the look and feel of their own website, it was quite good. Now that it's gone, will it retain all the same functionality and data at drf.com? Big price hike too.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:27 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Site still works...and track finder / race finder still works, which I find useful

So the headline to this thread is kinda misleading...lol
Old 04-03-2024, 03:28 PM   #3
woodbinepmi

Too bad, enjoyed it. Back to Brisnet.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:18 PM   #4
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Site still works...and track finder / race finder still works, which I find useful

So the headline to this thread is kinda misleading...lol
There is no more data at timeformus.com so it's not much good. It looks to be in transition, fading away. Maybe Craig will chime in.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:20 PM   #5
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
Too bad, enjoyed it. Back to Brisnet.
It looks like there is still a timeformus product, I would just like to know if it will still be the same at drf.com.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:37 PM   #6
ZeroZeroStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
It looks like there is still a timeformus product, I would just like to know if it will still be the same at drf.com.
Yes it’s the same.much much much better they’ve free race of the day.
Pace Ratings feature added couple of weeks ago is great.Pace Projector is movable
Notes are now visible replays 10000000 x better

Price hike is warranted.
ZeroZeroStart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 06:43 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's been offered at DRF forever...sounds like they just don't want it being sold in two different places is all...guarantee it's the same product...why wouldn't it be?

but Craig can add more if he sees this
Old 04-03-2024, 08:07 PM   #8
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's been offered at DRF forever...sounds like they just don't want it being sold in two different places is all...guarantee it's the same product...why wouldn't it be?

but Craig can add more if he sees this
I thought just some of the TF ratings had been integrated into Formulator? Perhaps I'm wrong.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:40 PM   #9
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZeroStart View Post
Yes it’s the same.much much much better they’ve free race of the day.
Pace Ratings feature added couple of weeks ago is great.Pace Projector is movable
Notes are now visible replays 10000000 x better

Price hike is warranted.
I don't see the spotlight figure.

Used to be able to toggle between raw times, adjusted times, acrued/incremental times, and pace figures. Now only pace figures.

I don't see the Breeding Ratings.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:51 PM   #10
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Look at the race of the day and you can see the full Timeform PP's of the race there.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 5.49.08 PM.jpg (497.2 KB, 52 views)
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 08:54 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I don't see the spotlight figure.

Used to be able to toggle between raw times, adjusted times, acrued/incremental times, and pace figures. Now only pace figures.

I don't see the Breeding Ratings.
I don't think the old site is going away any time soon, but you can't purchase through the site any longer. You have to go through DRF. I think everything is still there but I'll investigate and report back.

I do know the Breeding Ratings are under revision. There is something there, the rating for today's surface/distance is after the actual parents. Click the to the right of it to open up the expanded window.

The spotlight rating is there for every horse. It is in the left pane where you navigate between horses next to the actual PPs, almost like a small program. Each horse, if not a first timer, has the spotlight rating.

To change all the toggles, click the 'customize' button on the top right. It brings up the same window that you see on the TimeformUS site---fractions or pace figures, weight on/off, accrued/incremental.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 09:11 PM   #12
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't think the old site is going away any time soon, but you can't purchase through the site any longer. You have to go through DRF. I think everything is still there but I'll investigate and report back.

I do know the Breeding Ratings are under revision. There is something there, the rating for today's surface/distance is after the actual parents. Click the to the right of it to open up the expanded window.

The spotlight rating is there for every horse. It is in the left pane where you navigate between horses next to the actual PPs, almost like a small program. Each horse, if not a first timer, has the spotlight rating.

To change all the toggles, click the 'customize' button on the top right. It brings up the same window that you see on the TimeformUS site---fractions or pace figures, weight on/off, accrued/incremental.
Thanks Craig, it does look like everything's there except the dam/sire/sibling ratings. It'll take some getting used to, the old site was a nicer presentation.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:53 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Thanks Craig, it does look like everything's there except the dam/sire/sibling ratings. It'll take some getting used to, the old site was a nicer presentation.
I hear you. I still use the old site because, like most, I'm a creature of habit and I like it. I'm going to make an effort to use the DRF version more so I can adjust and also be able to help people with issues more than I can now.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2024, 07:36 PM   #14
djm1959

Thumbs down

just like form2win just vanished no reason explained,,,
djm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 12:06 PM   #15
brocco

Price hike...?!

That's quite a price hike. The single cards are basically the same as a single DRF PP...and now all of the cards (a day pass) is $16.95 (I believe that's a $10 increase over the previous all-cards price).

Love Timeformus....but a big part of the attraction was how many cards you could get for a reasonable price.
brocco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply