Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #31
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
I want revenge's worst races were on synthetic. That was the whole point on going to NY. that's a horse that would just have to prove me wrong
You're exaggerating a bit and I know why he went to NY. I agree he's better on dirt, but he has handled synth before. The point was this is a totally different situation than the east coast horses going to Santa Anita to run in the Breeders Cup.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You're exaggerating a bit and I know why he went to NY. I agree he's better on dirt, but he has handled synth before. The point was this is a totally different situation than the east coast horses going to Santa Anita to run in the Breeders Cup.
ok
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #33
buffaloxp

ROCKET MAN AND BETTER THAN EVER the best two
buffaloxp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #34
GaryG
Unreconstructed

In the World Cup I really like GOLDEN SWORD. Betting him to win and place and a exacta box.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #35
JBmadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
In the World Cup I really like GOLDEN SWORD. Betting him to win and place and a exacta box.
just made a very similar wager: ex , / , but I bet the to win. worried Moore will be over bet but with huge field I still think I will get > 5-1.

should be a great early morning of racing!
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #36
precocity
Veteran

cant wait for tomorrow morning man didnt even bet the rebel stakes or last week just to unload on Dubai...didnt that brazilian horse win the cup last year at huge odds???? what about that japanese mare running? she has made a bankroll for her owners at the track...6mill...
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #37
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
Beware the wise guy pick. This horse was absolutely destroyed when he faced this level of competition and didn't even do well at the group 3 level. He had one huge race on this surface, but the rest of his career has not been strong.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by precocity
cant wait for tomorrow morning man didnt even bet the rebel stakes or last week just to unload on Dubai...didnt that brazilian horse win the cup last year at huge odds???? what about that japanese mare running? she has made a bankroll for her owners at the track...6mill...
Buena Vista! I really like her.

I'm going to get my hair done and am bringing Dubai pp's to work on while there. Bet that's a first for my beautician lol.

I've read a bit about the tapeta surface. It's not as synthetic-y as ours here in the States? Thoughts anyone?
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #39
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Beware the wise guy pick. This horse was absolutely destroyed when he faced this level of competition and didn't even do well at the group 3 level. He had one huge race on this surface, but the rest of his career has not been strong.
I think the whole point of liking him is believing that the Golden Sword at this year's Carnival is vastly different from the one we saw in 2010.

He is going to have to step up but his win last time out was awfully good and if he moves forward off it he'll be dangerous.

I'm betting Buena Vista.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
I think the whole point of liking him is believing that the Golden Sword at this year's Carnival is vastly different from the one we saw in 2010.

He is going to have to step up but his win last time out was awfully good and if he moves forward off it he'll be dangerous.

I'm betting Buena Vista.
Buena Vista should be tough as she is a wonderful runner, but I think Victoire Pisa has caught up with her. As great as Golden Sword did look in that race though, it was only an allowance. Twice Over was rated even better in his prep on the track in a Group level race (119 vs 106). Much easier to look good against weaker competition. He's making an enormous jump up in class in this race. With others who have banged heads and succeeded at a world class level getting prices that you won't come close to getting the rest of the year, I think they will be much the better overall value than Golden Sword. There's always a wise guy horse and this time it's him. These horses almost never win.

Last edited by OTM Al; 03-25-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
olddaddy

Since advance wagering is going on, shouldn't current pools and odds be shown ?
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #42
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
HELP.... can someone please tell me where to watch the Dubia card on TV...I can't find that info any place...I don't wanna miss it.

Thanks!!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #43
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Since advance wagering is going on, shouldn't current pools and odds be shown ?
Don't fixate on the American pool numbers. You want to look at good betting numbers, go to attheraces.com and see what action is being taken on the runners by the books. There will be a little bias toward Brit runners but no where near as big a skew as the American pools have to US runners.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #44
olddaddy

The card is being shown on both Tvg and Hrtv.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #45
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
The card is being shown on both Tvg and Hrtv.
Thank you...I finally did find it on the Tv scheduel for both TVG & HRTV...because of the time difference, I was in a panic that I'd screw it up...I think I'll opt for watching it on HRTV...better picture quality and I prefer it over TVG...now I'll set the Tv to record.

Thanks again.

I hope the races are more exciting than last year, with the synthetic in place...we all noticed that every race last year was a field of horses all bunched up until the stretch...made for boring races until the stretch run.

yet...I can't wait

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply