Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #991
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Wow, Thask, I made 2-3 posts to you elsewhere over the past months or so, in a friendly, complimentary manner on the then subject on hand, and you never, ever responded in kind to my posts.

That was OK by me because I figured you just didn't think much of me or my comments.

But now, I get a bunch of quoted comments from you toward me, negative in nature. Thanks!! I understand why. And I understand you too.
Sorry again Reckless, but everybody is correct in this convo except YOU....If the holiday season has you a little irritable, I understand, but other than that, you are out of line with everybody right now.....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #992
NJ Stinks

I had to go back and do a search to find out why I would ever say you live in a cave, Reckless. I found the offending thread and I can see why you didn't appreciate my choice of the word "cave".

Here's what I wrote: "Maybe I can shed a little light in that cave of yours."

My intention was to imply that anyone who cannot understand why people might vote Democratic must live in a cave. Namely because as I went on to say:

"Everyday citizens" rely on their Social Security checks and other vital entitlement programs like Medicare, and Medicaid, most Veterans' Administration programs, federal employee and military retirement plans, unemployment compensation, food stamps, and agricultural price support programs. (Got that list from Google).

Those entitlement programs are not free. Either we cut taxes for people who don't actually need the tax cuts or we pay for these entitlement programs that benefit people in need. Even a self-acknowledged sharp guy like yourself can grasp the idea that we can't cut taxes and afford to maintain funding for these entitlement programs.

I prefer to vote for those who will lend a helping hand to Americans who need one rather than vote to help the richest guy in town get richer while hoping that rich guy will bestow a raise on his minions.

Anyway, the point is I did not intend to offend you by literally stating you live in a cave. I'm sorry that I did.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #993
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Anyway, the point is I did not intend to offend you by literally stating you live in a cave. I'm sorry that I did.

"Living in a cave" is a standard English language metaphor for being out of touch. Lest you offend anyone in the future, I would suggest substituting "living under a rock".

Hope that helps.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #994
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
No, no...liberals are in NO position to lecture you...only YOU are in a position to lecture the liberals. The truth is that your post was SHAMEFUL...especially when YOU were the one who stated here, about a year ago...that the vitriol here comes strictly from the liberal side. There was NOTHING in NJStinks' interaction with you here which warranted your listing of your "philanthropic" gestures...and his presumed lack thereof. ....
Read post 992.

NJ Stinks, inadvertently, insulted reckless. reckless legitimately interpreted the comment,... in that cave of yours , as an insult that reckless is a caveman. After all, a fraction of the political spectrum believe anyone who supports the President is a knuckle dragging hominoid.

Shedding light in someone's cave is not akin to telling someone they are living under a rock. If someone is living under a rock, they are not up on current events. Telling someone they live in darkness and need someone to show them the path of illumination is akin to shedding light in someone's cave.

reckless responded reasonably by defending his lifestyle, however he was unreasonable with the shit pile commentary.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #995
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
"Living in a cave" is a standard English language metaphor for being out of touch. Lest you offend anyone in the future, I would suggest substituting "living under a rock".

Hope that helps.
Which is entirely different than let me shine some light in that cave of yours.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #996
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So I should just allow people to call others fascists and Nazis and liberal-know-nothings and whatever other names are thrown around here willy nilly and just let it all happen free-for-all style?
No.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #997
Clocker

Anyone that takes a reference to living in a cave literally has been living in a cave.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #998
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Anyone that takes a reference to living in a cave literally has been living in a cave.
Let me shine some light into your dark cave, Clocker. NJ did not say reckless lived in a cave or that he is living in a cave, reckless told him let me enlighten you. Are you enlightened now?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #999
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes...I didn't work out as a moderator. And you shut the off-topics down for a few days. Look at the Reckless post #964...and tell me how much good that did.

On second thought...never mind.
Didn't you tell me in the reply prior to this one that I should basically let people do as they please in off-topic (within legal limits I assume)?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #1000
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Read post 992.

NJ Stinks, inadvertently, insulted reckless. reckless legitimately interpreted the comment,... in that cave of yours , as an insult that reckless is a caveman.
What's wrong with being called a caveman? Were they not the last REAL MEN? Facing saber tooth tigers and wooly mammoths with nothing but clubs,stones and their bare hands, they didn't hide behind high powered rifles.No sir,mano a mano.Of course, most of them died for their efforts but that only makes them more admirable.And when they got back to the caves,the men who brought back the most pelts and meat were rewarded with their choice of the hottest cave chicks.Why do you think women love fur coats so much?It's hard wired into their DNA. Today some use caveman as an insult but it is only to cover up the shame they feel over their own inadequacy.

So don't take "caveman" as a slur but instead wear it as a badge of honor.Embrace your inner Fred Flintstone.Or as the case may be,your inner Barney Rubble.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #1001
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
What's wrong with being called a caveman? Were they not the last REAL MEN? Facing saber tooth tigers and wooly mammoths with nothing but clubs,stones and their bare hands, they didn't hide behind high powered rifles.No sir,mano a mano.Of course, most of them died for their efforts but that only makes them more admirable.And when they got back to the caves,the men who brought back the most pelts and meat were rewarded with their choice of the hottest cave chicks.Why do you think women love fur coats so much?It's hard wired into their DNA. Today some use caveman as an insult but it is only to cover up the shame they feel over their own inadequacy.

So don't take "caveman" as a slur but instead wear it as a badge of honor.Embrace your inner Fred Flintstone.Or as the case may be,your inner Barney Rubble.
My reference to cavemen related to intelligence.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #1002
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Didn't you tell me in the reply prior to this one that I should basically let people do as they please in off-topic (within legal limits I assume)?
I am real cool adjusting to what you want, I actually prefer that we do not tell you what we want. Some of us just need to practice a bit, but do not expect me to complain because I think that is unintelligent.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 09:38 PM   #1003
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Hope that helps.
But what if the rock is IN a cave???
Old 11-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #1004
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
But what if the rock is IN a cave???
Then you are double dog out of touch.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #1005
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post