Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #541
FantasticDan
gelding

Awwww

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #542
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Big stinking deal, that list shows items that are made almost exclusively in foreign countries and imported in to the US. Go to the average store and look through the clothes and linens and see how little you find made in USA. I bet you could spend hours in the average department store and not turn up one single item.
Uh, yeah. But how many of the CEO's of those companies have run for POTUS. And have "Made in America" a subject of his campaign promises.That's the difference.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 07-24-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #543
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Maybe Al Franken could put on his Stuart Smalley hat, go see Donny and give him some positive affirmations.

"Mr. President, you're good enough, you're smart enough and doggone it, people like you!"

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #544
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
Uh, yeah. But how many of the CEO's of those companies have run for POTUS. And have "Made in America" a subject of his campaign promises.That's the difference.
Obtuse much? And during his entire campaign he has said it's a problem. He pointed it out himself, about his own companies. Why do u think he screams about fair trade etc?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #545
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
And during his entire campaign he has said it's a problem. He pointed it out himself, about his own companies.
Do as I say,not as I do. That is liberal hypocrisy, I thought.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 07-24-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:35 PM   #546
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Do as I say,not as I do. That is liberal hypocrisy, I thought.
He has stated that the only way to be profitable is to manufacture overseas. He made a point that he wants to change that. Repubs obviously understood that
Old 07-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #547
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Repubs obviously understood that
Give some credit for his election to more than just "Repubs". The electorate with all views gave him the victory. And having a weak opponent sure helped.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 07-24-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #548
Clocker

Quote:
He has stated that the only way to be profitable is to manufacture overseas. He made a point that he wants to change that.
He can't change it. American manufacturing output has been growing over time, while the number of manufacturing jobs has steadily decreased, and will continue to do so. And the reason is technology.

Adidas, the German shoe manufacturer, announced a year or so back that it was phasing out its shoe manufacturing in China and building big new factories in the US and Germany. A big reason for that was to cut the cost of Chinese labor. Virtually all manufacturing work in those new factories will be done by robots. If the cost of Chinese labor is high enough to act on, what lengths will a company here go to to avoid the costs of American labor?

Trump shirts and ties won't be made here until that can be done by robots.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #549
Clocker

Quote:
Give some credit for his election to more than just "Repubs". The electorate with all views gave him the victory. And having a weak opponent sure helped.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #550
Clocker

More on manufacturing job loss.

Quote:

“America has lost nearly one-third of its manufacturing jobs since NAFTA and 50,000 factories since China joined the World Trade Organization,” says Mr Trump’s official site, citing research from 2007 by the Economic Policy Institute.

According to this narrative, the US’s trade policies, growing trade deficits with Mexico and Canada, and China’s “unfair subsidy behaviour” are to blame for the US’s “deindustrialisation” and its disappearing middle class.

The US did indeed lose about 5.6m manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010. But according to a study by the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University, 85 per cent of these jobs losses are actually attributable to technological change — largely automation — rather than international trade.
https://www.ft.com/content/dec677c0-...5-95d1533d9a62
Old 07-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #551
woodtoo

President inspires 40,000 during speech to National Boy Scout Jamboree in
West Virginia. Future voters. (nonsnowflakes)
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #552
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
President inspires 40,000 during speech to National Boy Scout Jamboree in
West Virginia. Future voters. (nonsnowflakes)
Yes future Trumptards...

PS I am a registered Republican who never voted for a Clinton but when given the option of Elephant Shit or Donkey Shit I passed.

Last edited by jms62; 07-25-2017 at 11:06 AM.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #553
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
President inspires 40,000 during speech to National Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia. Future voters. (nonsnowflakes)
Yeah that's what he did. INSPIRED

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ut-speech.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #554
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Inspired them to be like him?

Trump tells a long, meandering story about the real-estate developer William Levitt and alludes to “interesting” activities he engaged in on his yacht.
“[Levitt] he sold his company for a tremendous amount of money. At the time especially — this was a long time ago — [he] sold his company for a tremendous amount of money. And he went out and bought a big yacht, and he had a very interesting life. I won’t go on any more than that because you’re Boy Scouts, so I’m not going to tell you what he did.”

[Audience boos.]

“Should I tell you? Should I tell you?”

[Audience shouts, “Yes!”]

“Oh, you’re Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So — look at you. Who would think this is the Boy Scouts, right?”

“So, he had a very, very interesting life, and the company that bought his company was a big conglomerate …” [Trump explains that years later Levitt bought his company back.]

“He so badly wanted it, he got bored with this life of yachts and sailing and all of the things he did in the south of France and other places. You won’t get bored, right? You know, truthfully, you’re workers. You’ll get bored, too. Believe me. Of course, having a few good years like that isn’t so bad.”

8. Trump recalls meeting Levitt at a hot New York party.
“In the end he failed, and he failed badly. Lost all of his money. He went personally bankrupt, and he was now much older. And I saw him at a cocktail party, and it was very sad because the hottest people in New York were at this party. It was the party of Steve Ross who was one of the great people — he came up and discovered — really founded — Time Warner and he was a great guy.”

“He had a lot of successful people at the party. And I was doing well so I got invited to the party. I was very young, and I go in — but I’m in the real-estate business — and I see 100 people, some of whom I recognize and they’re big in the entertainment business …”

The Boy Scouts... Yachts and cocktail parties.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 07-25-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #555
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:

The Boy Scouts... Yachts and cocktail parties.
You didn't know the Boy Scouts have a mixology merit badge?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply