Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #931
Lateralus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEN C
Any comments or questions on the reports? This is concrete stuff for those who have been wondering what workable combinations are.
Len I just bought TIPS 6.0 and received it the other day. Dave put a note on the CD telling me to contact you about getting updates for it. I didn't get a reply so I'm guessing my e-mail might have ended up in your spam folder or something. I'd also LOVE to download these reports in addition to any software updates.

If you can private message me with the information that would be great - Dave can verify my purchase. Order was shipped to Doug R. c/o DelGallo in Las Vegas.

Thanks -- Doug
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #932
LEN C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus
Len I just bought TIPS 6.0 and received it the other day. Dave put a note on the CD telling me to contact you about getting updates for it. I didn't get a reply so I'm guessing my e-mail might have ended up in your spam folder or something. I'd also LOVE to download these reports in addition to any software updates.

If you can private message me with the information that would be great - Dave can verify my purchase. Order was shipped to Doug R. c/o DelGallo in Las Vegas.

Thanks -- Doug
Sorry if I've been out of service for awhile. On Sunday one of our dogs practically bit my finger off, and I was in surgery that night trying to get it saved. My wife was also bitten on the wrist, and had her surgery last night. We are both recovering, I'm typing with my right hand only, and everything in our lives has slowed dranatically.

It's going tp be slow with everything for awhile, and might have not seen yours. Have you successfully installed what you received, and what is the version at the top of the screen?

Also, you are welcome to the reports, free, anytime you wish them. Is anything unclearm or do you have any technical questions?

100,000 viewings. Wow.
LEN C is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #933
BeatTheChalk

Quote:
Sorry if I've been out of service for awhile. On Sunday one of our dogs practically bit my finger off, and I was in surgery that night trying to get it saved. My wife was also bitten on the wrist, and had her surgery last night. We are both recovering, I'm typing with my right hand only, and everything in our lives has slowed dranatically.

It's going tp be slow with everything for awhile, and might have not seen yours. Have you successfully installed what you received, and what is the version at the top of the screen?

Also, you are welcome to the reports, free, anytime you wish them. Is anything unclearm or do you have any technical questions?

100,000 viewings. Wow.
You mean the name POPS GOT THAT MANY VIEWS .....do I get a
commission on that ? Or just be happy in the knowledge that the
WOUND UP TIGHT "" TIP " is actually mine...but who the hell is counting
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #934
dartman51

For those that are interested. Today at AP, race 5 a MC $40,000. #5 LANCELOT'S LOVE 10-1 ML. Has a WSWP, 5/24, 5/18, 5/11, 5/5....TT/TJ, TJS, + Baird is HOT right now,also has a positive ROI in MC races, S/D S, BAKER+ and a TTT, all are TIPS I like. I will be playing this one to W/P, and Box in an Exacta with #4 CLASSIC CHANT, another horse with a lot to like.

Disclaimer: This is in NO WAY a suggestion for you to wager on this horse, it is just to explain what I look at, and how I will play it.

Any comments, please feel free to chime in. Let us know how YOU look at TIPS and what is working for you.

TS
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #935
Lateralus

Quote:

100,000 viewings. Wow.
Dang Len, VERY sorry to hear about the dog attack.

My version of TIPS off of the CD-ROM I received is 5.0. I definitely would like the reports if you want to private message me the link.

So far no technical questions. I'm in the process of moving so haven't had much time to play with it yet unfortunately. But really looking forward to it.
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #936
BIG HIT

Dartman 51 LEN C

DARTMAN 51 thank's for shareing.Len C please call the dog whisper ala cezar malan.Not only you but the dog could use some help.Both you have great day guys
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #937
Lefty

lateral, the link is posted on p 62 post 921 in this thread. Just in case you haven't heard from Len.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #938
fight

a bug in tips attention

len the tot does not add up tot pts re: 5\30 bel races 1-2 and many more.shit
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #939
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight
len the tot does not add up tot pts re: 5\30 bel races 1-2 and many more.shit
Fight,

Did you check to see if maybe your data file was corrupted? I have BEL opened, and races 1 and 2 are fine. I do have the 5 horse in the 2nd race with 0 points, because he has 0 TIPS. Other than that, they seem fine to me.

TS
Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #940
fight

example

ballythunder tot88 tip 68 sap20 trn 35 hor 15.5
Old 05-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #941
LEN C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus
Dang Len, VERY sorry to hear about the dog attack.

My version of TIPS off of the CD-ROM I received is 5.0. I definitely would like the reports if you want to private message me the link.

So far no technical questions. I'm in the process of moving so haven't had much time to play with it yet unfortunately. But really looking forward to it.
Let me know when you are moved and back in the hunt. Otherwise, you'll misplace what I send you and request it again.

The explicit instructions on how to get the reports are on this forum, which you can see by going back a few weeks. Let me know if anything is unclear, but I've been VERY happy applying them to my own handicapping. Lower prices, but a LOT more tickets cashed.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #942
dartman51

Quote:
I could be wrong about this, and maybe Len can give a better explanation. The TIP, already has the TRN and HOR scores figured in. The TOTAL will be the TIP + any extras, ie. SAP, PTW, and TOO. That's what it looks like to me. I went back and looked at some from last week, and they look the same as todays.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #943
fight

why

why then doesnt the tip matchup with the total trn +horse look at 1st bel today ballythunder.thanks dart iam cofused
Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #944
LEN C

The Dog Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HIT
DARTMAN 51 thank's for shareing.Len C please call the dog whisper ala cezar malan.Not only you but the dog could use some help.Both you have great day guys
One of my picks line subscribers also suggested him. Thanks much for your concern. Unfortunately, he seems to have become too popular. His web site seems to be dedicated to mostly selling Dog Whisperer merchandise. Multiple letters sent immediately got a canned response saying that Cesar unfortunately is too busy to answer e-mails, and then I get diected back to the merchandise page.

I'm sure this person has done great things, but I'd have to see him crawl into a small cage with both female dogs that were fighting, and spend some quality time with them in this enclosed space before I'd be conviced.

What we're going to do is find someone to take one of the females. Oe some organization that doesn't destroy the dogs.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #945
LEN C

Why the Tots aren't Jiving

Quote:
There is more that goes into the TOT than what you list above. It is true that the horse got that many horse, trainer, and sap points. But the program also adds Tote Board Tips, Significant Groupings, and Contender Screen Tips to the TOT.

Hope that explains it. I can see the confusion, but the earlier versions of the TIPS programs did not list the HOR and TRN totals. Folks reuqested these, and I complied. But since the totals for the other three categories of TIPS are often zero, I made the decision that adding yet three more columns to the report was not worth taking up the space.

On the other hand, it's great to see that so many people are using the program to such a detailed degree!