Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Pacingguy

NJAW

Has anyone got an answer from those wonderful people at NJAW in the event the Meadowlands is shut down? Being Freehold is a partner, I assume it survives. That being said, it would be nice to hear from someone about that. But then customer service has never been a big plus of theirs. Oh, excuse me, what customer service?
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Spiderman

I was wondering the same. It must be profitable. Perhaps we can catch a break if the state sells it and the law changes that NJ residents can opt for their choice of ADW. That is the best scenario for me.

It could be sold to TVG, Twinspires, xpressbet or taken as part of the sale package for Monmouth. Freehold inhibits rewards and their presence in a deal complicates matters.

Everything is on hold until new ownership is established for both Meadowlands and Monmouth. NJBETS will continue to operate while negotiations are ongoing.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Canarsie

Just an opinion don't have facts on this. If the Meadowlands closes (me thinks not) Bailey would get 100% of NJBets since he would be the sole operator.

I think the law would be hard to change right away with all the bickering going on.

It would be great for either Xpressbet or Twinspires to get in so there would be free programs if you bet at that track. TVG wouldn't stand a chance in NJ if there was a competitive market because they are the only ones who charge wagering and video fees along with inferior PP's.

Now you are giving me food for thought to pull money out of my account just in case something unthinkable happens.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Spiderman

Money is safe, backed by the great state of NJ.

Does anyone know if the track takes the dime GP P6? You can't bet it online.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Kelso
Veteran

Isn't 4NJBets owned jointly by NJSEA and PennWood Racing? If so, I don't see how its future is in any way impacted by the operation or closure of either MED or MTH.

NJSEA will continue to exist even if both tracks are sold off. Why wouldn't it continue to co-own, and profit from, the ADW?
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso
Isn't 4NJBets owned jointly by NJSEA and PennWood Racing? If so, I don't see how its future is in any way impacted by the operation or closure of either MED or MTH.

NJSEA will continue to exist even if both tracks are sold off. Why wouldn't it continue to co-own, and profit from, the ADW?
You are correct. That isn't going to stop me from reducing my balance in there if there's even a 1% chance of the money being held up for some strange reason. I'm only a 20 minute drive to deposit more cash if needed.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/racing/acctwagering.html
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Pacingguy

Fat Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I was wondering the same. It must be profitable. Perhaps we can catch a break if the state sells it and the law changes that NJ residents can opt for their choice of ADW. That is the best scenario for me.

It could be sold to TVG, Twinspires, xpressbet or taken as part of the sale package for Monmouth. Freehold inhibits rewards and their presence in a deal complicates matters.

Everything is on hold until new ownership is established for both Meadowlands and Monmouth. NJBETS will continue to operate while negotiations are ongoing.
Wishful thinking, if anything NJBETS is thinking about expanding nationally.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
ALL CIRCUITS GO

njaw account data

i used to be able to do an account lookup and see 2 years of history. now when i do a lookup, i can only access last 3 months. according to a customer service rep, data was moved off the servers to accomodate wagering on the kentucky derby, and the data was suppossed to be moved back already. makes no sense to me..
ALL CIRCUITS GO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL CIRCUITS GO
i used to be able to do an account lookup and see 2 years of history. now when i do a lookup, i can only access last 3 months. according to a customer service rep, data was moved off the servers to accomodate wagering on the kentucky derby, and the data was suppossed to be moved back already. makes no sense to me..
I don't have all the details, but I was told that on June 15 they will restore all Account history and you can still download the monthly statements. I don't know how they have everything set up but my guess is their database is not using a very powerful server and does not have a lot of space. Offloading those records does create more space which may help performance.

I am first in line to criticize them, but they had no problems on Kentucky Derby day. So I have to give them credit for acting proactively.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: