Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's immigration ban on 7 countries?
Strongly Agree 81 67.50%
Somewhat Agree 16 13.33%
Somewhat disagree 6 5.00%
Strongly Disagree 17 14.17%
Voters: 120. This poll is closed

Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #151
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I am still waiting for some links where Democratic leaders are denouncing the way Muslims treat women and gays. Where are they? All I ever heard the great divider (Obama) do is stick up for them. As for those ripping me for mentioning my IQ, it was only done because I am sick of liberals questioning my intelligence just because I don't think like them. Also none of them ever rip on MP for saying how smart he is, another example of liberal hypocrisy.
You mean the same way George Bush stuck up for them? By going to the mosque? By urging Americans not to discriminate against Muslims purely because of their religion? However brilliant you think you are, having a generic position that we are not at war with every Muslim on the planet, but with that portion of Muslims who believe violence and killing against any non-Muslim is their duty, is not some endorsement of Muslim discrimination against women and gays.

There are literally hundreds of statements from leading Democrats on their opposition to violence or abuse against women and gays. Every one of those statements includes opposition to violence or abuse against women and gays as a result of something like Sharia law. That is sufficient to demonstrate a universal opposition to any kind or justification for violence against women and gays. I am absolutely confident that there is not a leading liberal who is in favor of or even neutral on Muslim violence against women and gays.

The Democrats have made a conscious effort to avoid criticism of religious beliefs. for better or worse. That doesn't mean there is agreement with the offensive parts of any religion's tenets. I gave you an example that in many respects ultra-conservative Judaism is as harsh toward women as Islam, yet nobody feels the need to put out statements against them. Satisfy yourself with the fact that we all hate violence against women and gays no matter what the justification being used and we would condemn it every single time no matter who did it.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #152
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
There are literally hundreds of statements from leading Democrats on their opposition to violence or abuse against women and gays.
No kidding, I am asking for an instance of once where a Democratic leader condemns the Muslim religion for Muslim practices regarding gays and women, you keep twisting things around. They don't do that, yet Democrats have all kinds of nasty names for conservatives who believe someone with a penis, even if it is dressed like a woman does not belong in the woman's restroom.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #153
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Donald Trump - pissing off prime ministers of close allies since January 20th
His latest and greatest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...es-man-9751002
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #154
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Was he released?
Better safe than sorry.
He'll get over it.

If not, who really gives a crap?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #155
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
No kidding, I am asking for an instance of once where a Democratic leader condemns the Muslim religion for Muslim practices regarding gays and women, you keep twisting things around. They don't do that, yet Democrats have all kinds of nasty names for conservatives who believe someone with a penis, even if it is dressed like a woman does not belong in the woman's restroom.
Yes, well even your hero Trump has agreed to protect LGBT rights.

“President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of LGBTQ rights, just as he was throughout the election,” it read, according to the Times. “The president is proud to have been the first ever GOP nominee to mention the LGBTQ community in his nomination acceptance speech, pledging then to protect the community from violence and oppression.”

The Democrats aren't going to condemn any religion. George Bush didn't either. For better or for worse, most politicians, and that includes many Republicans, believe it is strategically bad to indict whole classes of people, since at that point the concern is that you run the risk of alienating the peaceful Muslims. That has, in fact, happened.

I don't keep twisting things around. I'm trying to explain to you why the Democrats are against abuse by Muslims against women and gays, even though they don't specifically rail agains the Muslim religion.

When Obama was in Kenya he said. Who do you think he was talking about if not the Muslims that make up the majority of the population?

The president also called for an end to violence against women, forced marriages for girls who should be in school, sexual assault and female genital mutilation.

And by the way, Hillary Clinton's "women's rights are human rights" speech was specifically targeted at the Taliban and similar groups. Obama and Hillary regularly criticized the Taliban for their treatment of women. And guess what? The Taliban are Muslims.

Regardless of how smart you contend you are, the fact you don't get this seems like a mental block. It's pretty simple to understand, at least for those interested in understanding it.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #156
TJDave

Quote:
I'm trying to explain to you why the Democrats are against abuse by Muslims against women and gays, even though they don't specifically rail agains the Muslim religion.
Rare, but there are a few liberals who rail against Islam. Christopher Hitchens was one of the best known and his contemporary, Sam Harris, continues the tradition.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #157
MikeH

Quote:
I dare you to find a liberal who would not condemn Muslim men abusing women or gays.
I have YET to hear a liberal say this. When I bring it up, their response is: "You don't understand the Muslim religion. Muslims would never do this."

They will NOT answer the question. I watched one of the wacko-leftist-liberal actresses on the news Wednesday night, trying to incite a large group of people. Her insinuation was that all Muslims were great people who could never do the things that Trump, et al claim they could do. Total ignorance of the 25% - 50% of Muslims that believe in Sharia law. One only needs to look at what happened in Iran after the fall of the Shah (not that the Shah was any great leader himself...)... look at Afghanistan, the horrible atrocities done by ISIS... I could go on and on.

No, I don't hear the liberals seriously decrying what a big piece of Muslims stand for. They may give it "lip service," but their actions speak louder than words.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #158
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
I have YET to hear a liberal say this. When I bring it up, their response is: "You don't understand the Muslim religion. Muslims would never do this."

They will NOT answer the question. I watched one of the wacko-leftist-liberal actresses on the news Wednesday night, trying to incite a large group of people. Her insinuation was that all Muslims were great people who could never do the things that Trump, et al claim they could do. Total ignorance of the 25% - 50% of Muslims that believe in Sharia law. One only needs to look at what happened in Iran after the fall of the Shah (not that the Shah was any great leader himself...)... look at Afghanistan, the horrible atrocities done by ISIS... I could go on and on.

No, I don't hear the liberals seriously decrying what a big piece of Muslims stand for. They may give it "lip service," but their actions speak louder than words.

Ask the person the specific question. Are you against Muslim men abusing women or gays? I stand by what I said. Not a one of them would agree it is ok. Even the actresses whose comments you've taken out of context. Hell, I totally condemn discrimination by race, sex or religion or abuse of women, children or gays regarless of who commits it or what religious justification they might believe they have.
I'm not unique. Ask any of the "liberals" on this site if they would ever condone the abuse of women or gays based on religious custom.

I've often said that you can find anecdote and isolated instances of whackos on both sides that make off the wall claims about a variety of things. In this case we are talking about political leaders opining on abuse by Muslim men against women and gays. When people suggest you don't know Islam (I'd be shocked if there were more than a handful of non-Muslims here who understood the religion in depth. I certainly don't) what they are probably alluding to is that there are tens of thousands of Muslims living in the United States who are law abiding and abusing no one. In the same regard there is no denying there is a Taliban type at work in hard line Muslim countries who are, and there have been Democrats and Republicans who have condemned the Taliban. If you haven't heard that you haven't been paying attention.

If you want to argue that religious zealotry leads to all kinds of abusive treatment you'd be right. Evangelical Christians have committed atrocities because of their opposition to gays and abortions (Eric Rudolph the Olympic Bomber). I pointed out that ultra-conservative Hassidic sects have their own equivalent of Sharia Law, with a large number of similarities. Mormons require a 10% tithe from all members (similar to what Sharia requires). Catholic hierarchy is vehemently against homosexuality. I wouldn't want to live under Sharia law or Hassidic law for that matter. While I wouldn't defend Sharia Law, often when Muslims talk about compliance with it, they are including

- Hygiene and purification laws, including the manner of cleansing.

- Economic laws, including the annual almsgiving; the religious endowment; the prohibition on interest; as well as inheritance laws.

- Dietary laws

- Theological obligations, including the Hajj or pilgrimage

- Marital jurisprudence, including the marriage con-tract and divorce

- Criminal jurisprudence

- Military jurisprudence

- Dress code.

- Other topics include customs and behavior, slavery and the status of non-Muslims.

As you can see, many Judeo-Christian religious laws have similarities. The Jewish Kosher laws. Catholic marriage and divorce. The ultra-conservative Hassidic requirements for dress for both men and women, as well as jurisprudence. The Christian Bible talks about the cleanliness of women, and the Hassidic are very harsh about cleansing rituals once a month. Sharia prohibits the charging of interest. Don't ask me how their banking system works, but that is a part of the religion. We're against bad treatment of women, but dietary laws? Cleanliness requirements? Who cares if American Muslims follow that part of Sharia.

It seems all but impossible to suggest to some that there can be a separation between non-discrimination on the basis of religion and opposition to the less civilized parts of those religions, otherwise, as I said, you'd equally demand that the Hassidic Jews treat their women like us regular American men do.

I'm convinced that you are as radical in your hatred of Muslims as they are in their hatred of the "infidels." That makes arguing with you an excercise in irrationality. Many of you need to learn to tell the difference between political ranting - the right is just as bad when they get an audience, and if you don't believe that listen to Rush Limbaugh some time - and serious policy discourse. Actresses should be taken as either serious or representative at your own risk.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #159
Grits

A Washington state Federal Judge (Republican) has temporarily halted the travel ban nationwide. This should make for a rollicking weekend.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #160
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
A Washington state Federal Judge (Republican) has temporarily halted the travel ban nationwide. This should make for a rollicking weekend.
And claiming constitutional premise to do so.

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #161
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
A Washington state Federal Judge (Republican) has temporarily halted the travel ban nationwide.
Good. I have no opinion about the travel ban but I like that this f***s with Trump. I hope he has a stroke.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:57 PM   #162
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Good. I have no opinion about the travel ban but I like that this f***s with Trump. I hope he has a stroke.
Sounds like a normal Dem response.

He wants physical harm, if not even death, put on those that he opposes.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 PM   #163
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Sounds like a normal Dem response.

He wants physical harm, if not even death, put on those that he opposes.
I'm not a democrat.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #164
ebcorde
Veteran

mesage from Australia to Trump

lock up Ivanka and Melania cause we coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR30knJs4Xk
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2017, 10:10 PM   #165
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote: