Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #2656
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I "debate" with public opinion every time I play the ponies. And I always come out on top.

There's something to be said for being your own person. Try it sometime. You might surprise yourself. Just sayin'...
You want people to side against you when you play the ponies...

You don't when you want to win elections.

Thanks for making the point.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #2657
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Did it ever occur to you that Trump and a lot of Republicans might not actually be in favor of overturning Roe v Wade?
I know this... its fodder for people like Boxcar and Catholic voters.

Pick his sister than... the bench wasn't short... replace Kavanaugh with a Pro-Choice Conservative Woman?!?!?

Watch democrat heads explode.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #2658
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Pretty sure I was talking about Tom in that instance.
RIF.
Try a night class or two.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #2659
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Bart O'Kavanagh's Priorities:

1. Beer.
2. Lifting Weights.
3. Women.
12. 4th Amendment

This was meant as a joke... hopefully it gets laughs and doesn't trigger to many people.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-08-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #2660
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
YOU TAKE BACK THE INITIATIVE.

Every ****ing one of those was Republicans reacting to a problem they weren't prepared for. The building was a blazing inferno and instead of calling the fire department and getting out in front of it they went and got buckets.

I just listed the timeline. That's what happened. A constant shifting of positions instead of being like, "you know... lets just investigate this and then ram the guy through" or "you know... this chump's not worth this effort bring in Barrett... let's see what those #metoo folks say about a woman... one that ACTUALLY is for overturning Roe v. Wade... they can deal with that shit... have fun."

My actual schooling and training is how to work in a political space. If that whole thing really was a "democratic trap" as you all propose why the hell was the GOP so bad at dealing with it? If it truly was the Democrats should be laughing their asses off, at least their political advisors/campaign advisors... they have soundbytes for days and it cost them NOTHING.

Republicans fell right down the "we don't care about women" trap.
I think the Republicans played it as well as they could have.

They didn't immediately back down and replace Kav. They let the process play itself out in the end. They had the FBI investigation that everyone was calling for.

Yes, you can deal with all the "well it still wasn't enough" crap...that's just political whining in the end.

The bottom line facts remains...Ford's accusation was presented. She was invited to testify before the judiciary panel. The FBI was allowed to investigate the allegations. And in the end the vote was taken after all was said and done.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #2661
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Because he, to quote boxcar, "Tells it like it is" which is basically code for blames other people... especially brown ones.
You sure have a lot of opinions that are laughable.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #2662
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #2663
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #2664
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
And he hired all of them before any of that crap started. This wasn't an after the fact PR move.
Hmmm.
Doesn't seem to fit the narrative of the left.
Could they be........WRONG?
Old 10-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #2665
elysiantraveller

Quote:

They didn't immediately back down and replace Kav. They let the process play itself out in the end. They had the FBI investigation that everyone was calling for.

Yes, you can deal with all the "well it still wasn't enough" crap...that's just political whining in the end.

The bottom line facts remains...Ford's accusation was presented. She was invited to testify before the judiciary panel. The FBI was allowed to investigate the allegations. And in the end the vote was taken after all was said and done.
Yes when they exhausted all other possible options the Republicans finally... kinda... did the right thing.

That's a botch. The word I used.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-08-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #2666
boxcar

Quote:
You want people to side against you when you play the ponies...
You don't when you want to win elections.

Yeah, actually I do because the "public political opinion" almost always consist of low-info airheads. If you don't believe me, look at the outcome of the last presidential election where all the "smart" people (including the lamestream media) said Hillary had it in the bag. This is what the losers at the races and the public opinion losers have in common -- both groups always think they have it nailed down.

Quote:
Thanks for making the point.
Au contraire! I thank you for playing.

Last edited by boxcar; 10-08-2018 at 01:25 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #2667
baconswitchfarm

Quote:

It was handled masterfully. If Jeb or Mitt were president, they would have curled up in a corner and withdrawn him the first day without any evidence.They attack with these smears because they know the Republicans will fold. The democrats have always had this in their arsenal. Well the bad luck for them is, the new man in charge is already down on the low road waiting for them.

The other good news for Kavanaugh was that the Arizona corpse couldn't dig himself up and come try to destroy the proceedings.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #2668
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Shirley U. Jest. Of course, it follows. But because you're not a real adult and can't keep up, let's see if I can get all this distilled down to your sandbox level of comprehension. Please read the following carefully:

Justices are nominated by the president and then confirmed by the U.S. Senate. A nomination to the Court is considered to be official when the Senate receives a signed nomination letter from the president naming the nominee, which is then entered in the Senate's record. There have been 37 unsuccessful nominations to the Supreme Court of the United States. Of these, 11 nominees were rejected in Senate roll-call votes, 11 were withdrawn by the president, and 15 lapsed at the end of a session of Congress. Six of these unsuccessful nominees were subsequently nominated and confirmed to other seats on the Court.[2] Additionally, although confirmed, seven nominees either declined office or (in one instance) died before assuming office. (emphasis mine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsucc..._United_States

Did you catch the bolded part, Birley? There were 15 times in the past when the senate majority simply allowed its session's clock to run out! This means there were no votes taken.

But the article gets even more specific and reveals that there were several nominations on which the Senate took NO ACTION just prior to a presidential election. Be sure to view the list that is in living technicolor. And these acts (deliberate decisions to take "no action") are constitutional! So, here we have historic evidence that aligns very nicely with my brilliant exegesis of the "advise and consent" clause of the Constitution. Senate history and the Law of Land harmonize nicely, thank you. And Shirely, you can appreciate this kind of consistency, right?

So, all this gum flappin', hand waving and flailing over Garland is much to do over nothing! What happened a couple of years ago is not unprecedented. Not at all. The U.S Senate has been "slimy and despicable" (to borrow your terms) several times in the past. (Heck, even a very wise Hebrew king said once upon a time, "There ain't nothin' new under the sun.")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...f_a_presidency

Do all of us conservatives a favor, will ya, Birley? Don't play with us adults. You're not qualified. You're not equipped. You're far too gullible. You keep bringing knives to these discussions, while we conservatives are packing iron locked and loaded and ready for bear. At least if you stay in your own element and out of our court, none of us adults will really notice the extent of disrepair to your attic elevator.

And don't forget the 12-step recovery program.
Blah Blah Blah ...
Wake me up when you say something interesting.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #2669
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Blah Blah Blah ...
Wake me up when you say something interesting.
You truly are a dull, uninteresting and repetitive one-trick pony, Mr. Blahs.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #2670
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

"Au contraire moose breath."

I speak French,

read French, understand French and think in French.

This all goes back to Voltaire, who was in my opinion one of our Founding Fathers.

Last edited by Buckeye; 10-08-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: