Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 AM   #976
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Liberals aren't dangerous when they are laying on the ground bleeding because they got in somebody's face! The rebellion is going to end on the ground!
I don't lie down for nonsense.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 06:16 AM   #977
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
I don't think twice about MS-13, and they're right in my backyard...Trump's been here a few times to talk about them.
I am beginning to think even thinking once may be the problem.

You are back fitting crime statistics of immigrants using Trump's version of CRIME RESULTS using unreliable sources, incorrectly, and conflating MS-13 with most refugees.
Quote:
There are roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US. And per the FBI's most recent statistics, the roughly 10,000 MS-13 members are a fraction of the estimated 1.4 million members of US gangs nationally.
Or by my calcs, MC-13 represents a whopping 091% of all immigrants!

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/polit...ons/index.html

And....

The role of MS-13 has of course been exaggerated ....

...Last fiscal year, Homeland Security Investigations, a division of ICE that conducts investigations and has a unit focused on gangs, arrested 429 members of MS-13, according to data provided to CNN. That year, ICE arrested 114,434 individuals in total. In FY15, 322 MS-13 members were arrested by HSI out of 125,211 total arrested by ICE. In the current fiscal year, which began last fall, 253 MS-13 members have been arrested.

So not only are MC_13 a home-grown gang deflating the wrong implication immigrants bring them here, the data also deflates the level of their threat.

Last edited by hcap; 06-26-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 AM   #978
hcap

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ds-apprehended

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday revealed footage from inside one of the facilities where children are being kept because of President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy on the border. This policy led to mass separations of parents and kids who were detained by the federal government.

"These images were shot surreptitiously by a woman who worked at the facility until last week," Maddow explained. "This footage was shot late last week. The worker who took these images and took the footage I'm about to show you has since quit her job at this facility."

Old 06-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #979
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday revealed footage from inside one of the facilities where children are being kept because of President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy on the border. This policy led to mass separations of parents and kids who were detained by the federal government.

"These images were shot surreptitiously by a woman who worked at the facility until last week," Maddow explained. "This footage was shot late last week. The worker who took these images and took the footage I'm about to show you has since quit her job at this facility."

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...20294257442816
Chill out, 'cap. The kiddies here have it much better than there. That's why they left there -- to come here to have it much better.

Here's my new slogan:

One day in America is better than a 1,000 Days in any S-HOLE Country.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #980
RunForTheRoses

Quote:

So these parental scum are to blame for putting their kids in danger.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 07:04 AM   #981
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I know what you would do if you were on this ship. Your every response here informs us of that. I absolutely know from the selfishness and callousness verging on inhumanity that your posts reveal that you would make damn sure your were on one of those lifeboats and most likely use any weapon to make certain no one else was.
Now, tell us what you would do if you were in the lifeboat with your family. Please, pontificate on how altruistic and self-sacrificing you would be with your own life and your entire family's.

Can't wait to hear this....
Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 AM   #982
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
BS

People can vote for whoever they want.
Hopefully, they have the good sense not to vote Republican.
No, it's not BS. This is precisely what Dems' one and only platform Identity Politics is all about. How can the Dems be the knights in shining armor and run to anyone's rescue if they don't first convince some group that they are victims of one kind of social injustice or another?
Old 06-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #983
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

See. Now you know why someone is willing to kill a Congressman and his kids. Who wouldn't be?

The hell that child is going through is certainly a crime punishable by DEATH for even the most tangentially involved...even people who don't get up and scream bloody murder over this should be put to death, wouldn't you agree?

What I saw right there exceeded even what we saw during the Nazi Death Camps of the 40s.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #984
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
See. Now you know why someone is willing to kill a Congressman and his kids. Who wouldn't be?
??

Non sequiturish to say the least.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #985
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
??

Non sequiturish to say the least.
Not really.

This is what your stupid MEGA (not MAGA)-overreaction to policies well in place before Trump ever got here, will eventually lead to:

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-mar...masts-children

Who could blame the guy, right? I mean, CHILDREN ARE CRYING!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-26-2018 at 09:33 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 09:33 AM   #986
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Your excellent analogy is stupid beyond belief. The United States is not a lifeboat. It is a country; the most powerful country on the face of the earth. Yet, there are men and women in this country-members of and supporters of the Trump administration-who are so frightened of children that they put them in cages.

What would I do in your contrived scenario? I would hope that I would jump out of the boat, into to water and put as many children as I safely could into the lifeboat. I know my father, and I am more certain of him than of myself.

He would do the same thing I would. Interesting that your ship has only one lifeboat.
Ahh...you did betray your stupidity. I didn't see this post. So, let me get on with it.

But you are right: The U.S. literally isn't a lifeboat -- but the point of a comparative analogy is to liken one thing to another. So, yes, I likened the U.S. to a lifeboat -- a very appropriate analogy on multiple levels. For example, I have to think that many of the people who were "drowning" in the sea of corruption, poverty, drugs and violence in their own "S-HOLE" country view this country as a lifesaver -- like a lifeboat, if you will. They want to leave their country in which they are drowning to flee to here to be saved (apparently their only lifeboat in the world).

Also, the power of the U.S., per se, is not the issue in this immigration problem. The U.S., like any other country, is finite and has finite resources. Apparently, you haven't gotten the memo that the entire world is on the brink of disaster due to overpopulation. Generally speaking, and according to globalists and environmentalists (forgive the redundancy), the problem of overpopulation is one of sustainability (you're familiar with this very popular leftist term, right?). The world at large can only sustain so many people. Well...if this is true of the planet, then it's also true of every nation on the planet. The U.S. therefore, could be likened to a lifeboat because like a lifeboat, we can sustain only so many people.

So...the fact is....the U.S. just can't take in an unlimited number of people from other countries. We cannot sustain endless numbers on multiple levels also. Not even in terms of raw population. Even Hcap admitted that some guy who came up with a "brilliant" 5-point social engineering scheme -- that his plan will only slow down population growth. It won't reduce it. So, Hcap is all in favor of implementing this brainiac's plan just to postpone the inevitable. But just as none us holds Open House to feed and shelter all the homeless in the area because we know our homes and our personal resources won't be able to sustain the load, likewise our nation cannot sustain an open, borderless immigration policy.

Given the points I have just laid out, anyone with an IQ larger than his or her belt size can see that my analogy is logically rock-solid.

But is there a right way in dealing with the lifeboat problem? Yes, there is! There is a right way because there is a biblical way. In fact, there are in this kind of situation biblical principles in play. I'm not going to elaborate on them here because this isn't the Religious thread. I'll only briefly list them. If you disagree with any of them, then make your argument in the Religious thread.

Ironically, and very much to the chagrin on bleeding heart liberals like yourself, Mr. Mosty, the over-arching biblical principle that would control and actually dictate proper course of action is LOVE. But you say..."Well, how can that be"? You will no doubt accuse me are co-opting a huge leftist talking point -- like some yo-yo in congress who kept mindlessly repeating, "Love the kids, Mr. President. Love the kids. Love the kids." The left thinks it has a mortal lock on love. And they do, in a sense. This is good news for the left. But the bad news...the really bad news for leftys is that their love is worldly, fleshly in nature -- it's not biblical love. It's not love as the bible defines it.

So, what would be the proper course of action if someone made it into a lifeboat with his entire family and people all around him and his family are drowning because the boat has a very finite capacity? The biblical and natural intuitive response is this overarching principle: Love Your Own. I call this the First Principle of Love. Love Your Own. In other words: Love Those with Whom You Are in a Personal Relationship. And this first principle is well supported in scripture. And this principle doesn't mean that we can't love others, as well, but we love our own first. Love has Priorities. Here are the biblical principles that support this First Law of Love, if you will.

1. God loves his own. His love for His adopted family, who he has brought into a saving relationship with Himself through Jesus, is conditioned on the perfect obedience of His Son, even the obedience unto death on the Cross. The evidence in the bible is beyond abundant: God loves and shows favor only to those WHO ARE IN a personal FAMILIAL relationship with Him.

This idea of family is central to properly understanding the true nature of God's love. God loves his family so much that he refuses to leave any family member in his blind, dark, sinful condition; rather, he sanctifies them with the Holy Spirit and his Word in order to conform them more and more to the image of His only Begotten Son.

2. God expects biological families to love like he does. Mothers and Fathers are to love their children. Likewise, children are expected to reciprocate that love back to their parents. (Alll this applies with equal force to adoptive families or foster families.)

3. Familial Love extends to God's extended family, i.e. all his covenant people -- to all those with whom he has brought into a personal covenant, spiritual relationship with himself. The Jews, under the Old Covenant, were enjoined, under the Law of Moses, to love their fellow Jews in a very special way, i.e. as covenant brothers and sisters.

Likewise, the NT enjoins Christians to love one another, as brothers and sisters in the Lord. And to be "in the Lord" means to be in the New Covenant relationship with God through Christ.

Christians, then, are to first and foremost love God, love their own biological family, love their Church family and lastly love their neighbor, i.e. anyone with whom they come into personal contact. These are the precise priorities of love. And there is not one single text in scripture that teaches that God loves each and every person in the world in a distributive sense or that God's people are obligated to love each and every person in the world in a distributive sense.

Therefore, given what we have learned, the only proper course of action to the lifeboat crisis is, that if I were were put into that situation, I would not think twice about saving my family. My moral obligation is first of all to obey God, and therefore, I must save my own family before thinking about saving anyone else. This does not mean I would be happy to see others die. It would only mean that I would have no other biblical recourse. And I truly believe that each and every honest person here would also intuitively know that this would be the only proper response to this kind of horrible situation: You Love Your Own First.

Whether Trump is consciously aware of it or not, his slogan "Make America Great Again" actually implies the First Principle of Love. He's viewing America and, therefore, Americans as his extended family. Trump is looking out for his OWN! He wants his "family" to prosper, to grow, to succeed, to flourish, to be all that they can be. His family is his top priority, and rightfully so! And this biblical mindset does not make him or his supporters isolationists. It simply orders his priorities. We can do good to our "neighbors" in the world, as long as it does not bring harm to our own family. But our neighbors on this planet should not be our top priority.

As Bill Clinton himself admitted many years ago, unlimited immigration would be very harmful to our society on different levels. It would be harmful to our resources, it would harm our economy, it would be disastrous to our culture, etc. There's nothing wrong with a sensible, rational policy to immigration. Trump wants a merit-based policy because he knows that would be best for his "family". He, thinks so highly of his "family" that he wants to make sure that high quality neighbors move in next store to us. He wants to attract the very best to come to our shores. And I think by "the very best" he means primarily -- best in character. He doesn't want criminal types. Or freeloaders. Or lazy people. Or people who don't want to assimilate into our culture -- into the American way of life. Since he knows that we're the best country on this planet, he doesn't want to attract anything less than the best. (And I'm sure his business sense is telling him this also.)

So, Mr. Mosty, if you disagree with the biblical principle of Love I have laid out, I invite you to come over to the Religious thread. I would welcome the opportunity to show you The Way.

Last edited by boxcar; 06-26-2018 at 09:41 AM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 09:36 AM   #987
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I laughed.

No, I really did laugh.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #988
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #989
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not really.

This is what your stupid MEGA (not MAGA)-overreaction to policies well in place before Trump ever got here, will eventually lead to:

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-mar...masts-children

Who could blame the guy, right? I mean, CHILDREN ARE CRYING!
Bullticky. No, we have already destroyed that argument.

The Trump administration’s decision to forcibly separate more than 2,000 children from parents requesting asylum or illegally crossing the nation’s southern border is morally reprehensible. It is nothing like the Obama administration’s decision in 2014 to place unaccompanied minors in closed housing units until they could be transferred to family in the United States while they awaited court proceedings.

And by the statement and interview by the Obama DHS Sec. Jeh Johnson:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=909
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #990
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Actually, what Trump SHOULD be doing is what he does best.

Build some luxury high-rise buildings along the southern border, and move immigrant families in immediately after they arrive.

"Hey, you got here! Good for you. Welcome to your new home, you heroes you."

Right guys?