Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
gabe

What do you do with a horse like this. TAMPA BAY DOWNS

What do we do with a horse like this? Workouts indicate talent is there. Two races in, nothing is shown. Great connections and a weak field. Anyone have a thought on this horse?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-02-2018 at 02:33 PM.
gabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
oughtoh

If your playing p3 or p4 I would use him. Dropping, streching out and will go to the front. Don't know how much speed is in the race.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

He would be a play for me...lot of good angles here...looks like the money run this time or next one...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Racetrack Playa
regular user

sorry wrong thread,

Gelded, Lasixed ,jky chg ,and for sale, I'm gonna toss him .... Oh my, 4 horse field and Goldophin Blue.. still tossin

Last edited by Racetrack Playa; 01-31-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
jay68802

First time Lasix, first time gelding, first time two turns, first time turf, and gets a new pilot. What I call the classic "shake up" horse. Like the breeding. Percentages of connections are higher than the ML %. Addition of Lasix could be explained by the last race. They tried to get to the front in last and that will not be a good idea here. If you are spreading in the race the %'s say to use. As a straight win, not for me. A saver bet, for sure. The fact that the win %'s of the connections are twice that of the ML say use, but lightly.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
linrom1
Veteran

Why they would think this horse could even run on turf? But they got lucky, race taken of turf.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2018, 02:38 PM   #7
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
First time Lasix, first time gelding, first time two turns, first time turf, and gets a new pilot. What I call the classic "shake up" horse. Like the breeding. Percentages of connections are higher than the ML %. Addition of Lasix could be explained by the last race. They tried to get to the front in last and that will not be a good idea here. If you are spreading in the race the %'s say to use. As a straight win, not for me. A saver bet, for sure. The fact that the win %'s of the connections are twice that of the ML say use, but lightly.
Now that I look at the scratches, they have to beat the 3 out of the gate. Wire to wire or nothing. The 3 has not gone that fast and has offered no resistance when passed by others. Add the fact that the 5 can get the lead, another first for the horse and he has a good shot, but you will not get the odds. Odds dictate the play. Small bet as the favorite, mid size at 5-2 - 3-1, if over that I would take at most a $25.00 risk.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

appears to be a 250k purchase who is being discarded. Has an 88 timeformUS early speed figure. However, has been running 9F turf with slow raw-timed paces. There's no guarantee that he'll be the early pace setter. Centeno will want forward.

The pace 'wildcard' is the No 'potential' in the 1, but he's cheap mdn claimer through and through, and Bennett knows the circuit and opted to step this one up in class a bit. He has a timeformUS87 early pace fig, but it figures to translate with more certainty. The is a contender.

does have a million angles going for him. If some 'limiting factors' happen to be offset, he'll win for fun. The scratches here, and the expected disregard of the mean that he'll probably be second choice in a field of four. Not a ton of wiggle room for value.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
jay68802

The 5 is the low double to the next race, 9-2 double odds with the 6 in the ninth. probably 2-1 or lower win odds. Playing a small Double 6 to the 5 for $10.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: