Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #31
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
They're probably not going 23 and 46 to start off the Belmont Stakes, so it should be fine.

Put Classic Empire on the flank of the leader or somewhere close. If the half goes in 48-49-ish, he should be good for the entire trip and inherit the lead as the others get tired.
With CE in his 3rd race in 5 weeks after a hard race last time, you'd better be getting 5-1 or more. And you won't be.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #32
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
With CE in his 3rd race in 5 weeks after a hard race last time, you'd better be getting 5-1 or more. And you won't be.
Try 4th race in 8 weeks.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #33
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
From a betting perspective, of course he's awful. Besides his obvious talent, he's the "bad boy" which fans love.

But I still think he's going to win. I might rethink this and come up with a longshot.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #34
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

The upcoming Belmont Stakes has a "Drosselmeyer" type of feel as the winner. It will be interesting to see which of the entries fits this mold......
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #35
jay68802

I will probably give Looking at Lee a good look in this race.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #36
Longshot

As of today the Belmont possibles according to Bris.

Classic Empire............Mark Casse
Conquest Mo Money..Miguel Hernandez..Will train at Fair Hill
Epicharis.............K. Hagiwara (2nd in UAE Derby 77 days ago)
Gormley.............John Sherreffs
Irap..................Doug O'Neill
J Boys Echo...........Dale Roman
Lookin At Lee........Steve Asmussen
Meantime...........Brian Lynch
Multiplier...........Brendan Walsh
Patch..............Todd Pletcher
Senior Investment......Kenneth McPeek
Tapwrit........Todd Pletcher
Twisted Tom.......Chad Brown

Cloud Computing...Chad Brown (Probably will prepare for Saratoga meet)
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #37
letswastemoney

Senior Investment has a poor running style for the Belmont, unless the pace is really blazing. He had a perfect setup in the Preakness and couldn't touch the Top 2.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #38
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Senior Investment has a poor running style for the Belmont, unless the pace is really blazing. He had a perfect setup in the Preakness and couldn't touch the Top 2.
Couldn't disagree more....I posted the following in another thread, I'll post it here too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I will go on record stating the horse I believe who is improving and will benefit most from the 1-1/2 mile distance, the WINNER of the Belmont Stakes is------->Senior Investment
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 10:17 PM   #39
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
As of today the Belmont possibles according to Bris.

Classic Empire............Mark Casse
Conquest Mo Money..Miguel Hernandez..Will train at Fair Hill
Epicharis.............K. Hagiwara (2nd in UAE Derby 77 days ago)
Gormley.............John Sherreffs
Irap..................Doug O'Neill
J Boys Echo...........Dale Roman
Lookin At Lee........Steve Asmussen
Meantime...........Brian Lynch
Multiplier...........Brendan Walsh
Patch..............Todd Pletcher
Senior Investment......Kenneth McPeek
Tapwrit........Todd Pletcher
Twisted Tom.......Chad Brown

Cloud Computing...Chad Brown (Probably will prepare for Saratoga meet)
You have to admit it's pretty pathetic when the connections of both the Derby winner and Preakness winner aren't sporting enough to show up for the Belmont.

So, go Classic Empire. May you be rewarded for running in all three. And you too, Lookin at Lee.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
You have to admit it's pretty pathetic when the connections of both the Derby winner and Preakness winner aren't sporting enough to show up for the Belmont.

So, go Classic Empire. May you be rewarded for running in all three. And you too, Lookin at Lee.
I can't imagine anyone who follows the sport thought Always Dreaming would be running in the Belmont after not winning the Preakness. Frankly, for a horse who has been given lots of time between races, his performance in the Preakness kind of screams time off, no?

I can't really fault the connections of Cloud Computing for not going either if they decide to give him some time. He just won the Preakness in his 4th lifetime start. It's a long year. No need to squeeze the lemon dry in June like we often see with horses who contest the triple crown. I think they want the Travers and they have a VERY good shot at getting it with this horse.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 PM   #41
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I can't imagine anyone who follows the sport thought Always Dreaming would be running in the Belmont after not winning the Preakness. Frankly, for a horse who has been given lots of time between races, his performance in the Preakness kind of screams time off, no?

I can't really fault the connections of Cloud Computing for not going either if they decide to give him some time. He just won the Preakness in his 4th lifetime start. It's a long year. No need to squeeze the lemon dry in June like we often see with horses who contest the triple crown. I think they want the Travers and they have a VERY good shot at getting it with this horse.
I'm not surprised by AD skipping, but CC should be there. I think his colt can go 2 races in 8 weeks. If that squeezes the lemon dry, then it's a pretty scrawny lemon.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 AM   #42
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not surprised by AD skipping, but CC should be there. I think his colt can go 2 races in 8 weeks. If that squeezes the lemon dry, then it's a pretty scrawny lemon.
Make that 2 races in 9 weeks. I thought they'd said CC came interest the Preakness off 5 weeks, but it was 6 weeks.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #43
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Of course he probably CAN do it. But the question is why? His career began in February. Why come back in 3 weeks to run 12 furlongs if your long term goals don't fit it?

I love the Belmont but the Jim Dandy/Travers route seems like a much better idea to me for a horse who just won the Preakness in his 4th start than running back in the Belmont in 3 weeks.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #44
biggestal99

Quote:

well always dreaming did throw in a stinker. too much too soon. 3 races in 5 weeks is too much for some horses.

would be interested in horses that made a 3 races recently to see how they fared the rest of their career.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #45
sour grapes
Veteran

chad brown stated to the little guy on sunday that the goal is the travers and that cloud computing may not be suited to the 12 furlongs of the belmont.In addition hes from saratoga and said he would love to win that race with CC.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: