Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
sealman

RPM's Angle Emporium software

Just curious if anybody has used this? I see the book has been in their catalogue for quite some time. The software sounds like it could be a simplifying tool to help focus on possible successful situations.
sealman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealman
Just curious if anybody has used this? I see the book has been in their catalogue for quite some time. The software sounds like it could be a simplifying tool to help focus on possible successful situations.
Dude.....DO NOT BUY THIS --it's junk.

This is when I found out what garbage these people are selling. I don't know if there ever was an actual book "Angle Emporium" or if it was just something slapped together by RPM. The software is supposed to use the best of these angles, you click on a race-- and the program shows which horses qualify.

Sounds good, right? That's what I thought too.

Now here's what you actually get:

They ran off on a copier, the pages of this ANGLE EMPORIUM , stapled these pages together...and that's your "book" that's included.

Admittedly a lot of these angles are pretty good, but it's mainly a collection of well-known angles.

Okay..I can live with that. The software is a whole 'nuther story. It has the same interface, same childish charts, ridiculous graphics, etc..as for all I know-- near every other software program RPM sells. Are they just too cheap, unambitious, or lazy to use a different interface?

Anyway..on to the "angles" that are supposed to bring untold riches to the user:
You click on a race--there are maybe 12 columns with some cryptic nonsensical heading--and an X appears when a horse qualifies for an angle.

If a horse is awarded three to six X's --it's a play.

Here's the part that really ticked me off--NONE OF THOSE COLUMNS IS EXPLAINED ANYWHERE. You have no idea what the "angles" are---nowhere does the manual tell you that.

Here's what I think--just my opinion after dealing with these guys (for the last time):

All their programmer did--was just add in the half-assed algorithms he's assembled from other programs, probably TIPS, among others--and just assign them to each column--with a gobble-de-goop title. I wouldn't say this if I thought there was any chance these people were honorable software developers.

Needless to say---the selections were not even close--mainly favorites--and not even GOOD favorites.

I deleted this off my computer long ago---but did keep the Angle Emporium copied-pages-stapled-together book. There is actually an angle in it--that historians have found reference to--from well over 100 years ago. Funny, I still use this angle today, and it's still a winner. It was originally called "THE GIFT HORSE".

I still refer to it from time to time.

I wish someone really would put a program together with a dozen different REAL angles...unfortunately, this isn't it.

Can't really tell you much more than that--any questions go ahead and PM

NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
sealman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Dude.....DO NOT BUY THIS --it's junk.

This is when I found out what garbage these people are selling. I don't know if there ever was an actual book "Angle Emporium" or if it was just something slapped together by RPM. The software is supposed to use the best of these angles, you click on a race-- and the program shows which horses qualify.

Sounds good, right? That's what I thought too.

Now here's what you actually get:

They ran off on a copier, the pages of this ANGLE EMPORIUM , stapled these pages together...and that's your "book" that's included.

Admittedly a lot of these angles are pretty good, but it's mainly a collection of well-known angles.

Okay..I can live with that. The software is a whole 'nuther story. It has the same interface, same childish charts, ridiculous graphics, etc..as for all I know-- near every other software program RPM sells. Are they just too cheap, unambitious, or lazy to use a different interface?

Anyway..on to the "angles" that are supposed to bring untold riches to the user:
You click on a race--there are maybe 12 columns with some cryptic nonsensical heading--and an X appears when a horse qualifies for an angle.

If a horse is awarded three to six X's --it's a play.

Here's the part that really ticked me off--NONE OF THOSE COLUMNS IS EXPLAINED ANYWHERE. You have no idea what the "angles" are---nowhere does the manual tell you that.

Here's what I think--just my opinion after dealing with these guys (for the last time):

All their programmer did--was just add in the half-assed algorithms he's assembled from other programs, probably TIPS, among others--and just assign them to each column--with a gobble-de-goop title. I wouldn't say this if I thought there was any chance these people were honorable software developers.

Needless to say---the selections were not even close--mainly favorites--and not even GOOD favorites.

I deleted this off my computer long ago---but did keep the Angle Emporium copied-pages-stapled-together book. There is actually an angle in it--that historians have found reference to--from well over 100 years ago. Funny, I still use this angle today, and it's still a winner. It was originally called "THE GIFT HORSE".

I still refer to it from time to time.

I wish someone really would put a program together with a dozen different REAL angles...unfortunately, this isn't it.

Can't really tell you much more than that--any questions go ahead and PM

NCG
Thanks. I figured it might be worth a look since I've seen it (the "best seller book" at least) in their catalogue for a number of years. Guess I'll use the $127 I just saved to take my wife out to dinner.
sealman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2016, 03:30 AM   #4
cardinalsfan

Agreed...

The software is garbage. If you are going to fool with this at all, buy the book by the same name. As a previous poster said, pretty basic stuff but at least useful on some level.
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 03:52 AM   #5
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

You get all of their best angles, meaning spot plays that hit 10-15% and have an ROI of 0.80 to 0.85

If 6 angles pick a horse .... it will hit 10-15% with an ROI of 0.80 to 0.85.

Like Simon and Garfunkel sang: "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose; Every way you look at it you lose."
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply