Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 01-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
big frank

HIDDEN SCROLL

WOW------------Mott 1ster was giant today................I know , speed track , wet track , i don't care what happens the rest of the card................This horse is the real deal................You don't see a Mott horse work like that coming in to it's first race........And lasix 1st out....................I bet a few bucks on him because of that.........But never saw that big an effort coming...........Can't wait to see where and when he goes next.............
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
f2tornado

That might have been the best 3 year old finish I've seen this year and it was a maiden. The raw clock was superb. The horse is a double Buckpasser-x. If he's on the Pool 2 menu then I'll take a swing at what should be long odds.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
PowerUpPaynter

anyone got a link to a replay?
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
anyone got a link to a replay?
https://youtu.be/fcQ-C0bNCzw?list=PL...XSJAg75R&t=451
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 11:53 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

119 TimeformUS Speed Figure.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 12:32 AM   #6
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Wow!!!! Thanks buddy!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 01:16 AM   #7
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

This is a bandwagon I can get on.

Hard Spun was "my horse" for the Derby Trail. Ran his absolute heart out. His Derby 2nd is still one of my all time favorites.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 05:22 AM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Runs with his head down too

Just like dear old dad
Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
PowerUpPaynter

104 beyer
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #10
big frank

Those are some pretty big figs which i think are legit..........He ran much faster than solid older horses ran at a mile later on the card......The 47 breeze from the gate back in August at churchill jumped off the page for me...Mott doesn't work them like that............He then didn't work all fall ,,,, he worked in late august and came back in early december........So there must have been some issues............but he worked nearly 3 straight bullets at payson coming in to yesterday.......I also love his pedigree,,,,,,,,,,,, Hard Spun and Empire Maker were two of my faves...........this horse has star written all over him
Old 01-27-2019, 09:20 AM   #11
big frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Impressive Cj
Old 01-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #12
GMB@BP

I guess I am wondering if this horse was so talented why didnt the barn or the rest of the world know he was some kind of freak? I guess if it wasnt an off track I would be less suspect of the figures, I am sure he is good, just not 100% sold. At 1/9 might be worth a shot against next out.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #13
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I guess I am wondering if this horse was so talented why didnt the barn or the rest of the world know he was some kind of freak? I guess if it wasnt an off track I would be less suspect of the figures, I am sure he is good, just not 100% sold. At 1/9 might be worth a shot against next out.
We're on the exacta same frequency GMB, let's watch the next one on a dry fast track....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

on the triple crown radar

Bias-aided for sure.

Looked good visually. The fractions and figs stand up impressively. Great connections. Well bred.

I'm not rushing out to bet him at a short price, but I'm definitely rooting for him.

Hope we see him back working soon, maybe a prep or the Holy Bull? next?
Old 01-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #15
f2tornado

As for the price at the windows, keep in mind it was a full field with a number of well bred horses with winning connections. I stated in the Smarty Jones thread beforehand that this maiden race probably had better horses. It looked like an early prep on paper. I have certainly seen my share of maidens look impeccable only to later fail the class test but his guy hit the wire seemingly geared down a tenth faster than City of Light hit the mile pole. The comparisons to first start of Justify are perfectly reasonable. Scroll perhaps gets a training advantage having made his first start three weeks before Justify did. This gives him more options to pick up Derby points. I'd like to see this one target the Fountain of Youth then the Florida Derby as did Orb with the same rider in 2013.

The only knocks I have on him if they're even knocks at all are (1) he is a Northern Dancer and you need to go back to Big Brown to find one of those wearing Roses and (2) Apollo may be broken but the thought still lurks.

Given the buzz, I'm confident the horse will be featured in the Pool 2 future wager but I fear the odds will be a bit underwhelming for the risk. That said, they won't get any better should he flash again next out.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: