Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #151
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Is there anything twinspires offers that Amwager.com or xpressbet don't offer?
I've liked Twinspires because of the free BRIS Ultimate PPs and their track selection. But this latest change to the web site is absurd. Didn't any of the User Interface weenies consider for a moment, just a moment now, that the Classic interface still looks like Winticket (after 11 years) and the Express/Pro interface still looks like Youbet (after nine years), even though those sites were acquired long ago?

Horseplayers are old, surly rat bastards, and don't much care for changes in which no new functionality appears.

What's unforgivable in my mind those is the recent spate of cookies issues (causing logouts, recalling wager problems, etc.) and the poor quality of the video signals. I'm moving to another state next week, and I'm hoping to get a chance to try an ADW other than the Big 3.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #152
Spicemaster

Mechanic

Don't know them all, but my personal top two are improved video and getting rid of Flash on New TwinSpires Beta...

Conditional wagering is in the queue to be updated on the New TwinSpires Beta. No timeline, but happy to hear it will be there someday.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #153
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
I'm moving to another state next week, and I'm hoping to get a chance to try an ADW other than the Big 3.
Who are the big three -- xpressbet, twinspires, and TVG?

Where does amwager rank?

If you can let us know who you choose and post some feedback that would be much appreciated!

An ADW rating service provided by HANA would be useful to horseplayers.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #154
Hapman

Man, I'm not even an old surly horseplayer I'm young, and I really do not like this new design.

I feel like they got some graphic/web designer to modernize the appearance in terms of aesthetic but forgot about function completely.
Hapman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #155
Zydeco

If you could minimize the big blue box on the right side and then have full screen it would be better. But that would be how it was before. lol
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #156
Spicemaster

Hapman

what function(s) are you missing Hapman? Happy to pass along...
Old 08-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #157
highnote

Quote:
HINT... HINT... HINT...
Old 08-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #158
Copyroomjim

#1. Draft wager- it needs to be reinstated.
Copyroomjim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #159
sjk

Agree. Need the draft wagers.

I bet a lot fewer races now than at any time in the last 20 years and I would think Twinspires would have an interest in keeping people like me around.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #160
Robert Fischer
clean money

sorry if this is likely a repeated question, had little luck in the search;

HD FOR SARATOGA?

Is there a way to access the HD feed in TwinSpires?? (their standard mouseover 'high medium optimized' options all give me low-D feed)

xpressbet= perfect HD at the click of an easy-to-find button, but I use TS, so xpressbet kicks me off once a month after 2 weeks or so, and I end up betting a few token bucks there to use the feature.

NYRA = perfect HD, but my password is on the PC(i'm on my ipad or laptop) and they kick me off after 5 seconds and their password retrieval system isn't working for me.

LOL NYRA should be emailing me INVITATIONS to view them in HD so I can hear about the Dunkin Donuts late daily double and the pretzel bites, but I have to work for it

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 08-19-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #161
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Anyone using this dinosaur of a website today?
No result, no scratches, no nothing works.

Time to withdraw and close my account - they guys are hopeless morons.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 AM   #162
Spicemaster

I'm on vacation in Florida and had no issues wagering on TwinSpires classic all Travers Day - wagering was fine and NYRA video streamed fine, even if it looks like they put Vaseline on their non-HD feed.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:15 PM   #163
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Who are the big three -- xpressbet, twinspires, and TVG?

Where does amwager rank?

If you can let us know who you choose and post some feedback that would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the delay responding - 2000+ mile move last couple of weeks.

Yes, the big 3 are XB, TS and TVG, IMHO. They are the only choices in states like Washington and Illinois, where the onerous state requirements squeeze out the smaller ADWs - or at least it was that way a few years ago when I last moved. Since I ended up back in Illinois instead of Indiana, I don't think I'll have any new choices to pick from or review. <sigh>

Logged into TS to check to see if Ellis is running today, 'cause it's hot. Very humid, with real feel temp 10 degrees higher than ambient. But nowhere could I find the "schedule" button on the new TS interface. It wasn't until I logged in, selected Ellis for betting, and then saw that '0' MTP for the 9th that I got the first clue it was canceled. Then I checked the more useful PA site to learn a water main break was the cause of the cancellation, and not the heat.

I did notice the new MTP displays for many other tracks I NEVER EVER PLAY do take up much of the real estate on the new menus. A very tablet oriented design, and apparently one engineered for the chronic, degenerate horseplayer who needs action every two minutes. And the video quality is a major problem for me as well.

So, while I'll keep the TS account as long as they are the only ones carrying Hong Kong, I'll just be making the token wagers at other tracks to get the free PPs, and do most of my wagering at XB. Not really in the mood to reward bad behavior and what amounts to customer abuse....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #164
Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Anyone using this dinosaur of a website today?
No result, no scratches, no nothing works.

Time to withdraw and close my account - they guys are hopeless morons.
I stopped using Twinspires when draft wagering was removed, still have an account with T/S as a backup, checked on things today (new and improved) NOTHING ON THE CLASSIC PAGE WORKS! Lol what a joke, X/B along with a few others gets the action now.
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #165
highnote

Today is the first day of the new season for Hong Kong racing.

Unsurprisingly, twinspires did not fix the toteboard error that I have posted about over the past month or so.

At one point it was claimed by twinspire personnel that the error was on my end. When I pointed out that others spotted the same error there was only silence from twinspires.

I am waiting for an apology.

Today in races 5, 8, 9, and 10 certain horses have the amount 8388607 bet on them. This is the same amount that I have said previously is incorrect. This causes the sum of win pool total to be incorrect and therefore the odds are incorrect.

It's hard enough to beat this game, but when twinspires sends out incorrect pool data which causes incorrect odds to be displayed it makes super difficult to win.

twinspires, this is unacceptable.

You were notified over a month ago by me here on Paceadvantage.com, by others, as well, and you still let this happen again on the opening day of the Hong Kong meeting? This is unacceptable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: